Author Topic: Okay, Everything Has Now Been Invented  (Read 3465 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Okay, Everything Has Now Been Invented
« on: March 27, 2012, 02:04:23 AM »

Here is the "trailer" for this device...

Now, if only there was one of these stores located in the middle of nowhere in southern Colorado.

Plus if it came with beers.

Life would be complete.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Okay, Everything Has Now Been Invented
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:33:43 AM »
What a brilliant idea. Absolutely brilliant. I can't see a downside. And it's fun. And genuinely new.

This is the kind of thing Barack Hussein Obama wants to kill.

(Sorry, it all comes back to Leftists for me these days, carry on)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:48:45 AM »
It's very similar to one of those demonstrations that you see in psychology where an animal pushes a button and gets a reward of food. I have to believe that that is what they had in mind when they designed it.

It needs to come with beers, though.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 10:20:01 AM »
It's very similar to one of those demonstrations that you see in psychology where an animal pushes a button and gets a reward of food. I have to believe that that is what they had in mind when they designed it.

It needs to come with beers, though.

The only problem with the beers is who will be responsible if someone not of age is in the house and pushes the button? It would put delivery boys in the position of carding, or possibly acting as beer delivery-boys to their underage buddies. Plus, in most states (maybe all) minors can't serve alcohol.

(If I gave a serious response to an off-the-cuff joke comment, my apologies. That's where my mind went.)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 11:22:38 AM »
Love it!

I tried ordering online at a local chain and had to jump through so many hoops to get it done that I gave up and got in the car and went to the restaurant to order.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 07:14:06 PM »
Love it!

I tried ordering online at a local chain and had to jump through so many hoops to get it done that I gave up and got in the car and went to the restaurant to order.

I just use the damned phone all this other crap is just a waste of my time and I don't need any more junk mail.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »
Love it!

I just use the damned phone all this other crap is just a waste of my time and I don't need any more junk mail.

Only works if the person answering has a good grasp of the English language.  ::saywhat::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 06:20:34 AM »
Love it!

Only works if the person answering has a good grasp of the English language.  ::saywhat::

No habla!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 08:09:41 AM »
Love it!

That's when you have a teachable moment and talk to the owner and explain why you can't do business and have no intention of learning another language to spend you money. Having a non English speaker answer a phone is like having a deaf person answer a phone.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie