Author Topic: C'mon now, isn't it worth it?  (Read 2954 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
C'mon now, isn't it worth it?
« on: March 15, 2011, 04:37:27 AM »
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=275109

New calculations applied to a U.S. Senate report reveal the Environmental Protection Agency's plan to combat global warming through regulation of greenhouse gases would theoretically take over $700 trillion, seven times the world's gross production, to drop the earth's temperature only 1 degree Celsius.

You know it's worth it. Do your part and buy Ghia  a giant Tylenol ::bashing::

At least nuclear war would give us a better bang for the buck ::rolllaughing::
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:40:52 AM by warpmine »
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: C'mon now, isn't it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 05:33:20 AM »
Aside from that , Gallup now says that the public's concern over climate change and global warming is at an all time low .

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:01:13 AM »
Maybe they can hold a benefit and leave it at that?!

::guitar::

No, they'll never leave us alone, will they?

OK then.

::laserkill::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 08:39:26 AM »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 08:41:20 AM »
Oh, a couple quadrillion.  Is that all?

::hysterical::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 10:04:24 AM »
B-b-b-but, if it saves just one life .....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 11:07:53 AM »
I was listening to Beck in my car this morning.

He was going on (and on and on and on....;) about his new diet (imposed by wifey) and how nasty it was. But how healthy it will make him (maybe). I wasn't able to hear the conclusion of it but my take was why would you do something like this to yourself? Why would you intentionally make yourself so miserable? What point is there to a life without "quality of life"?

While I do understand the principles of conservation, stewardship, and "no pain/no gain", the ambitions of the global-warmists fail even the most elementary risk/benefit analysis. What they would like us to do would be to ruin us as a species and make us so miserable that most of us would rather just end it rather than subject ourselves to more of the same.

One look at the recent events in Japan should be all you need to see that the effect of humans upon the world is like a hummingbird fart in a hurricane. Sure we can scar the surface, but it soon enough heals itself to its own prescription. Humans have the unmitigated gall to dare define how the Earth should look.

I say screw them. Enjoy the Earth for what it is, not what you want it to be. And go ahead and have that piece of cheesecake - it won't kill ya!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 11:14:02 AM »
I was listening to Beck in my car this morning.

He was going on (and on and on and on....;) about his new diet (imposed by wifey) and how nasty it was. But how healthy it will make him (maybe). I wasn't able to hear the conclusion of it but my take was why would you do something like this to yourself? Why would you intentionally make yourself so miserable? What point is there to a life without "quality of life"?

While I do understand the principles of conservation, stewardship, and "no pain/no gain", the ambitions of the global-warmists fail even the most elementary risk/benefit analysis. What they would like us to do would be to ruin us as a species and make us so miserable that most of us would rather just end it rather than subject ourselves to more of the same.

One look at the recent events in Japan should be all you need to see that the effect of humans upon the world is like a hummingbird fart in a hurricane. Sure we can scar the surface, but it soon enough heals itself to its own prescription. Humans have the unmitigated gall to dare define how the Earth should look.

I say screw them. Enjoy the Earth for what it is, not what you want it to be. And go ahead and have that piece of cheesecake - it won't kill ya!

Beck doesn't seem to be able to moderate.  He seems to go from one extreme to the other, pigging out on the goodies then onto a misery-diet.  Moderation in all things, Beck-dude.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 05:55:41 PM »
Aside from that , Gallup now says that the public's concern over climate change and global warming is at an all time low .

Crap. That means they'll have to ratchet up the ad campaign more. ::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 05:54:21 AM »
Yep ... They're like the microbes of an insidious disease ... damned near inpossible to completely eradicate !

hemm

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 08:25:02 AM »
hmmmm seems like a good day to fire up the weed eater, ride the harley, and burn some leaves whilst I BBQ some cute tasty animal over a charcoal grill...............

spring has sprung.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 11:00:38 AM »
Sounds like a dang good day Hemm!

::whoohoo::

hemm

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 05:29:57 PM »
Sounds like a dang good day Hemm!

::whoohoo::

YaSir........it is and was....... burp.

::beertoast:: ::cool:: ::USA::