Author Topic: AMPU - Trayvon Martin and Revisited  (Read 39295 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: AMPU - Travycon Martin and Revisited
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2012, 06:35:00 AM »
We have a suburb a few towns over called Coon Rapids.

I lived in Coon Rapids some years back for about a decade.  I've probably said "coon" a million times!

ETA - Can't remember how many times I experienced the pause and forced politelness when dealing with customer service rep's of African origin when I give them my address.
 ::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2012, 06:40:05 AM »

We shouldn't forget our Coonass friends from Louisiana.

Heh, and don't confuse them with Cajun, them folks don't mix well if ya know what I mean!

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2012, 09:52:59 AM »
And in an ABC news exclusive, a photo of Zimmerman three minutes after he shot Trayvon is aired as part of this video.

Talk about a complete 180 for the new station who declared him injury-free.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-case-exclusive-photo-shows-bloodied-back/story?id=16177849#.T5F2mLNI_KN
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/amperfectunion
Check out the website! www.amostperfectunion.com

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2012, 10:10:59 AM »
Hah!  They're covering their heinies now.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2012, 10:14:10 AM »
Hah!  They're covering their heinies now.

Exactly right.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: AMPU - Trayvon Martin and Revisited
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2012, 10:47:21 AM »
Hah!  They're covering their heinies now.

Exactly right.

Indeed. They outright lied, and it was libelous.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2012, 10:55:25 AM »

Exactly right.

Richard Jewell is probably a millionaire now.  I'm predicting that by this time next year, Zimmerman will be, too.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »

They don't have enough wrap for that ass!

(edited by IDP, trying to fix title typo going forward)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:28:57 AM by IronDioPriest »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2012, 11:30:13 AM »
...Richard Jewell is probably a millionaire now.  I'm predicting that by this time next year, Zimmerman will be, too.

Yeah, problem is, he'll probably have to change his identity and move. He'll never be able to live his life with a feeling of security.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2012, 11:38:37 AM »
...Richard Jewell is probably a millionaire now.  I'm predicting that by this time next year, Zimmerman will be, too.

Yeah, problem is, he'll probably have to change his identity and move. He'll never be able to live his life with a feeling of security.

I tell ya, if this were me, I'd have not moved, and would have just surrounded by house with Hesco barriers and concertina wire with a sign outside that said "Bring it."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2012, 11:40:31 AM »

Exactly right.

Richard Jewell is probably a millionaire now.  I'm predicting that by this time next year, Zimmerman will be, too.

Richard Jewell is dead.  I attribute his premature death to the stress.  I wish better than that for George Zimmerman.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »
He had kidney failure and severe heart disease as a result of diabetes.  If I had to guess, I'd say it was Type II diabetes, which means he had it as a result of his eating habits.  That's a pretty big stretch to blame all that on the media.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2012, 11:46:44 AM »
He had kidney failure and severe heart disease as a result of diabetes.  If I had to guess, I'd say it was Type II diabetes, which means he had it as a result of his eating habits.  That's a pretty big stretch to blame all that on the media.

Maybe so.  But I prefer to be totally irrational and blame them because they got off scot-free for what they did to him.

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2012, 11:48:32 AM »

Maybe so.  But I prefer to be totally irrational and blame them because they got off scot-free for what they did to him.

Haha fair enough  ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2012, 12:07:01 PM »

I tell ya, if this were me, I'd have not moved, and would have just surrounded by house with Hesco barriers and concertina wire with a sign outside that said "Bring it."

Heh, big signs warning of the "line of death"!   ;D

And some of these too, of course!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »

Yeah and if I were him that is exactly what I would want to do. And not just Zimmerman, that goes for all of us. None of us have that security. There is no security without the consistent Rule of Law, and we no longer have that in this country.

If I were him I'd be leaving this country and its farcical justice system behind.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »

Exactly right.

Well, not yet.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2013, 01:28:37 PM »

I enjoy reading the old posts, before I showed up here. But, sometimes, I wish I had been here to comment in a more timely fashion.  I was and to some degree still am, a "stress eater."  It does not strike me as a stretch at all that a good and decent man could be driven to such a state as to eat himself to death.  I wish he had not. I would have counseled him not to give in to it and to find other releases. But, this may have been his best release....at least it did not get him jailed.  
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ