Author Topic: Beck's Blaze Blows Brotherhood Sting  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Beck's Blaze Blows Brotherhood Sting
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 08:44:48 PM »
Is that a...

...what the hell is that?!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 09:05:23 PM »
Is that a...

You had to ask didn't you. ::rockethrow::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 09:31:18 PM »
Is that a...

It's the new tone.

It's a metaphor. It represents someone at CT.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:34:43 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 09:42:28 PM »
Heh.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 09:43:59 PM »
I think they have four or five members there.

The metaphor is open to interpretation.

Long live the new tone.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 10:11:56 PM »

Man, you really have a metaphor for someone.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 10:21:02 PM »
I am, admittedly, pretty annoyed and still quite bitter about the whole tone thing. But I can have fun with it, too.

And it's a breadstick.

JF can utter a big sigh of relief.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »
An attempted bugging.  Let's keep the facts straight.

Factually incorrect. There was no bugging of Sen. Landrieu's telephone lines. They dressed as telephone workers to gain access to her office in order to assess whether her staff was answering the telephones during the health care vote. The four yoots were originally charged with felony tampering of her phone system. From Breitbart:

Four conservative activists accused of trying to tamper with the phones in Sen. Mary Landrieu’s office have pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of entering federal property under false pretenses.  . . .
The FBI has said O’Keefe used his cell phone to try to capture video of two men who posed as telephone repairmen and asked to see the phones.

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2010/05/26/james-okeefe-pleads-guilty-to-misdemeanor-in-sen-landrieu-phone-stunt/

The media pushed the meme that this stunt was on the same level as the Watergate Break-in, resulting in felony convictions for breaking and entering and bugging phones. There was no bugging, no attempted bugging, no conspiracy top bug, or breaking and entering. They were not truthful when asked by security why they wanted access to Landrieu's office, thus the misdemeanor charge of "false pretense." 

BFD on the BAS Scale of Justice.

I further stand corrected.  Thanks, BAS.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 07:45:24 AM »
I think they have four or five members there.

The metaphor is open to interpretation.

Long live the new tone.

5?!

Where'd they find another toner?

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 08:58:04 AM »
Beck doesn't always get it right.
However, if the vids were edited to give a different result than actually happened, I'll agree  with him.

The point is that NPR and PBS should not be receiving fed funds.
Regardless of whether they have a Communist slant or are Birchers.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 09:17:59 AM »
Beck doesn't always get it right.
However, if the vids were edited to give a different result than actually happened, I'll agree  with him.

From what I've gathered the editing of the video did not change the essential facts that were exposed. Even the parsing by "theblaze" does not suggest that Schiller didn't say what he said - only that contextual things were deceptively edited to enhance the negative impression of what was already negative anyway without the deception. That is a fine line, I realize. I only make the point to say that I don't think O'Keefe's editing gives a different result than what actually happened. I think his editing attempts to guarantee that the negative perception of NPR's malfeasance would be more easily recognized.

Think about how egregiously Michael Moore distorts the facts in his films, and how eagerly the Left consumes his bullspit as truth. What O'Keefe does is not even remotely close to that level of deceptive editing. I just don't believe that what O'Keefe has done can legitimately be called a lie, especially when one holds his work up to the Leftist propaganda machine.

The point is that NPR and PBS should not be receiving fed funds.
Regardless of whether they have a Communist slant or are Birchers.

That is absolutely the most principled principled position. Would that such a case could be made to the public without the need to resort to "takedowns" and humiliation.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 09:23:05 AM »
He just zeroed in to the part of the interview that he wanted to expose. You can't release raw video, it has to be edited.

Politicians talk out of both sides of their mouth all the time, so editing out the crap is not necessarily a con job.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 09:40:01 AM »
He just zeroed in to the part of the interview that he wanted to expose. You can't release raw video, it has to be edited.

Politicians talk out of both sides of their mouth all the time, so editing out the crap is not necessarily a con job.

But O'keefe posted the whole vid on his site after he relaesed the second tape. So he wasn't trying to hide anything he was going for the attention first.The Blaze got the vid from O'keefes site.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 09:49:08 AM »

He did a couple other things too, like taking one of Schiller's reactions to a statement made by the faux 'Slims and editing it so it appeared that he was reacting to something else they'd said. It's fair to critique that tactic, but I personally think it's counterproductive to do so. The critiques do more harm to the cause than the editing, in my opinion.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »
So, can we extrapolate to expect NPR rehiring the Schiller's?? :)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 10:20:24 AM »
I'm open to being corrected.
Thanks for the info.

I'm a fan of O'Keefe. And he has done some great work.
In a fair world, possibly Pulitzer.

As far as Beck.
Do you think he's letting his "righteousness" get in the way or some other reason?

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 10:23:52 AM »
I'm with you AP. I love what O'keefe is doing. Especially since the media doesn't seem interested in exposing lies.

I think the critique that Beck is making is too trivial to take seriously. Like I said, all videos are editited before releasing. Since he posts the raw footage on his web site for those that are interested shows that he's not trying to hide anything either.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 10:32:27 AM »
I'm open to being corrected.
Thanks for the info.
I wouldn't even say you're wrong AP. Here I am, I feel like I'm advocating something other than the truth. What I'm really trying to advocate is the idea that conservatives constantly engaging in self-scrutiny and self-excoriation goes over the top in some instances. I think we have to demand the truth from our side. But I think that we shouldn't help the Left portray our own as liars when tactical creative use of facts and truth more accurately describes the behavior.

...As far as Beck.
Do you think he's letting his "righteousness" get in the way or some other reason?

I think Beck is hyper-sensitive to being criticized for inaccuracy, and to being seen as 100% honest. I get it. It just frustrates me. Let the Left parse the work James O'Keefe. Why does Beck feel the need to chime in? That's what I don't get. If O'Keefe was working for Beck, then yeah. But he's just a guy with a video cam and his own thing going on. Beck didn't have to comment one way or the other, aside from just playing O'Keefe's video and letting the Left tear it apart if they thought they could.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 10:34:13 AM »
Y'all make excellent points, and I'm in O'Keefe's corner, he's digging deeper into issues...something the press as learned to ignore, especially if it defeats their advance of or defense of the proglodyte agenda.

I'd really like to see what this kid could do with a bigger budget and a large staff!

;D

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 10:53:27 AM »
Thanks, radioman and IDP

One thing I've noticed about conservatives is we stand in a circle with our guns facing into the circle and then firing.