Author Topic: Rubio: Obama's open-mic gaffe with Medvedev prompted Romney Endorsement  (Read 773 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I buy it. Rubio's thinking here is pretty much the regrettable conclusion I've come to as well. The revelation of the "open-mic" is just one more nail in the Obama coffin, and one more reason it is apparent he must be defeated.

Rubio: Obama’s open mic gaffe prompted timing of Romney endorsement

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Caller, Sen. Rubio revealed that President Obama’s recent “open mic” gaffe with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev sparked his endorsement of Mitt Romney for president Wednesday night.

“It’s been weighing on my mind all week,” he said.

“I’ve never thought about this as a political calculation,” Rubio said of his endorsement. “I’m just sitting back here and watching a president that just got back from overseas — where he told the Russian president to work with him and give him space so he can be more flexible if he gets re-elected.”

“The stakes are so high. We’re not running against John F. Kennedy here,” he said.

“We have to win this election in November. We have to!” he averred. “If we don’t win this election in November — and we get four more years of Barack Obama — I don’t know what that means … But I know it ain’t good.”

Rubio is a supporter of primaries, but said that it had become clear the only way for Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum to win the nomination at this point would be to take the fight to Tampa. And Rubio insists that a brokered convention is “a recipe for losing in November.”

“It sounds like a lot of fun,” he cautioned, “until you examine what it would actually mean.”

<snip>

Still, it seems clear Rubio’s endorsement has more to do with defeating Obama than it has to do with loving Romney.

“There are a lot of other people out there that some of us wish had run for president — but they didn’t,” he said. “I think Mitt Romney would be a fine president, and he’d be way better than the guy who’s there right now.”

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

::hysterical::

Poor Mittens; Vote for me, I'm better than Obama.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Heh, 70% of the people on the planet are better than Obongo!

If I had to choose between shaking Obama's hand or picking up a turd with my bare hands...

Give me the   !

PS-Romney is toward the lower end of that 70%!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Heh, 70% of the people on the planet are better than Obongo!

If I had to choose between shaking Obama's hand or picking up a turd with my bare hands...

Give me the   !

PS-Romney is toward the lower end of that 70%!

Yea, you can wash off a turd.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Did Rubio announce his endorsement of Romney in Spanish?  /
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
yeah, I figured the Rubio endorsement was more of a pragmatic acceptance of reality than any sort of ideological sympathies.
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/amperfectunion
Check out the website! www.amostperfectunion.com

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Rubio came to the same conclusion as some of my die hard buddies who swore off Romney....... They would not vote for romney, but as they realize the destruction this nation is enduring, its hard not to vote romney. What is pushing a few to vote is the supreme court case today.......another 4 years of obama and the court has the opportunity to tilt one more judge to the left.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Rubio came to the same conclusion as some of my die hard buddies who swore off Romney....... They would not vote for romney, but as they realize the destruction this nation is enduring, its hard not to vote romney. What is pushing a few to vote is the supreme court case today.......another 4 years of obama and the court has the opportunity to tilt one more judge to the left.

Compared to how I feel about McCain, Romney is going to be a breeze for me and I wont feel bad doing it(besides what choice do I have)
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

Compared to how I feel about McCain, Romney is going to be a breeze for me and I wont feel bad doing it(besides what choice do I have)

Besides exile or putting a toe in the trigger?  I dunno...

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.