Author Topic: Newborn Seized in Hospital by Police, Social Worker  (Read 1317 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Newborn Seized in Hospital by Police, Social Worker
« on: March 28, 2012, 09:56:18 AM »
This will make you sick.

http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/pa/201203270.asp

This woman made the "mistake" of wanting to have her baby at home with a midwife but ended up having the baby in an ambulance when the midwife didn't show up.  Then the mother asked about her baby's health once she was at the hospital and it all started to go down hill from there.....

People like these social workers, cops and hospital administrators will be judge and jury and will be empowered even more by Obamacare.

The social worker’s priority was not the welfare of Annie (the baby), but her own convenience and her own perception of her power. She was aiming to teach this homeschooling mother a lesson.

And the hospital was clearly not concerned that Annie had a medical issue—they were just trying to avoid being sued for medical malpractice.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Newborn Seized in Hospital by Police, Social Worker
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »
Well you see, unless you child attends a public school and is taught proper hygiene and nutrition by a certified and trained professional, they will be ineligible to get health services or health insurance in the future and they will be forced to pay the Obamacare fine for the rest of their lives. You can homeschool - but they have to go to our health class where we will teach them how to properly care for their bodies and how to properly perform fellatio on adults.  

I am really not going to survive in the new world.. I would have been very inclined to march into that hospital, and remove both my wife and my baby and shoot anyone who felt they had a right to stop us, and would have hunted down and  shot the social worker just out of principle. If someone doesn't start imposing the consequences of their actions on these people, they simply will not stop. And making it a news story like that would certainly bring some much needed attention.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:35:25 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
This is infuriating, unless there are aspects to the story of which we are not privy. It seems so surreal that this would happen unless they found drugs in the woman's system, on her person, etc. But hey, it's the state, so I'm inclined to read it at face value until otherwise informed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:17:56 AM »
“Since you’re not going to cooperate, I’ll just go and call the police and we can take custody of the baby.”

At this point she is completely justified in asking this statist twit to lean forward so she can hear her more clearly and at that point grab this evil skank by the throat and tell her to never threaten her or her child under penalty of immediate death.

What jury of sane people would see it different?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »
I'm inclined to see this story as HSLDA is reporting it.  They wouldn't take this on if it were complicated by "real" concerns by the hospital. Plus the custody hearing judge dismissed the case.

I know from first hand experience that some hospital personnel don't like it one bit when you assert parental rights....

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 03:31:34 PM »
This woman made the "mistake" of wanting to have her baby at home with a midwife but ended up having the baby in an ambulance when the midwife didn't show up.  Then the mother asked about her baby's health once she was at the hospital and it all started to go down hill from there.....

I was listening last evening to Mark Levin playing, and going over, the questions and answers at the USSC hearing on Obamacare.  The Solicitor General was trying to make the case that the individual mandate was a must because "no one knows when they will enter the healthcare market", so "the market" must be regulated.  Levin stated it wasn't "the market" that was being regulated; it is individuals, and, so, to follow logically, we must all be "regulated" from birth.

If that's the case, then, as most of us are born in hospitals now, we are ALREADY "in the healthcare market".  And already certainly on the government's radar.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 06:59:49 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.