Author Topic: Obama Has Coal Industry in Federal Crosshairs  (Read 777 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Obama Has Coal Industry in Federal Crosshairs
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:24:00 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/03/as-promised-obama-moves-in-to-kill-coal-industry-cheap-energy-with-new-epa-rules/

He's still running the cap & trade playbook even though the climateers continue to get their asses handed to them!

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,5289.0.html

But nothing stops a Marxist from carrying out an agenda to destroy a nation!

::gaah::

At first price rise, all the affected people should file a class action lawsuit against the federal government...or just storm the ramparts and decorate lamp posts...dealers choice.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Obama Has Coal Industry in Federal Crosshairs
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »
It's a classic case of stuck on stupid. But then, we've seen plenty of that already with the Marxist stuff.

Ironically, reasonable electric rates are the basis for at least two "green" technologies. The electric car (which doesn't really exist) and ground source heat pumps. GSHP's are the one "green" technology that I know of which actually works. Torpedoing cheap (well, less expensive anyway) electricity could have the potential to ruin the GSHP market. And since GSHP's are all designed, manufactured and installed in the USA...well, it ends up killing jobs, too.

Way to go, O'Bongo.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
Here they are closing the closest coal fired power plant. About 5 miles as the crow flies from my home.
Another in the next county over seems to be possible.

One coal operator that has, I'm guessing, a dozen mines (mostly deep mines but a few strips) also has trucks. He has laid off 20 drivers. Not sure of the fate of any mines.

Another larger local company closed all their coal jobs.
They are also into limestone and sand and gravel. They stopped dredging for sand and gravel in the Allegheny River.

Gas wells are going crazy, though.
The second company mentioned is going great guns on them and the first is moving in that direction

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:12:18 AM »
Every-time someone asks me to justify the cost of my  PV solar system I smile and say "Well, Obama promised to bankrupt the coal industry, and I believed him. Oh, and thanks for paying for 3/4s of it. Without the 30% tax-break on my Federal taxes and you paying higher rates for your electricity to subsidize my panels, I could never have afforded it"

For some reason the Liberals in my neighborhood are less excited I have solar after that ... though one neighbor claimed he currently paid extra for "Green" energy from windmills, so he was safe from rate increases.  I asked him how he know the power he got came from windmills, and how come his power didn't go out when it was a calm day.....He didn't get it.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »
This could drive the UMW and affiliated unions away from Stymie ... one of them there unitended consequences !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
Maybe some SH, not all, some forms of stupid are inescapable!  It would be more significant if the union bosses withhold their donations, we know they won't give to Repub's (not much anyway), but withholding contribution to dem's would at least hit him where it hurts.

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.