Author Topic: The PAX Game  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
The PAX Game
« on: March 27, 2012, 07:16:54 AM »
So fans of  Firefly/Serenity  will recognize the PAX - (if you are not a fan, go watch. I won't ruin it for you)
And now the PAX (GAME)  is coming to a school near you.

PAX GOOD BEHAVIOUR GAME - Mrs. H. Sanche, Guidance Counsellor
Healthy Child Manitoba is promoting a new program for Grade One students called the PAX Good Behaviour Game (PAX GBG). We are excited that R.W. Bobby Bend School is one of the first schools in the Interlake School Division to be implementing this program. On January 30th and 31st our Grade One teachers, along with Mrs. Sanche and Mr. Levesque, attended a two day workshop with Dr. Dennis Embry from Tuscan, Arizona to learn about the PAX GBG. The program is a scientifically proven approach to changing behaviour with thirty-five years of research behind it. It is said to be like a “behavioural vaccine”. PAX means peaceful, productive, healthy, and happy. The PAX GBG is a set of fun classroom activities that help children develop social, emotional, and self-discipline skills. Ask any of our Grade One students about PAX Quiet, Granny’s Wacky Prizes, Spleems, or Tootle Notes. If you are interested in hearing more about this program or have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the school

Oh and if that isn't creepy enough

But it is after all, just a game, advanced by these people (Check out the shameless promotion of their business using the Gifford's shooting!) Its just creepy how they claim they have a "vaccine" for bad behavior - they claim lasting effects from "The Game" - reductions in violent crime, drug abuse etc.  Gotta get those kids socialized so they understand that the community comes before the individual!

Which appears to be the point of the game: Basically they arrange the kids into teams , use the word "Pax" to describe good behavior for which the team gets points towards a reward, and designates bad behavior using the word "Spleem"  for which points can be removed.   My second and third grade teachers used similar point systems and rewards, though they were individual in nature and not group based.  In  this case you have peer pressure applied to try and get the right behavior out of your group.  Of course, in my personal experience, this sort of system lead me to being paired with the worst troublemakers,  and "my team" would never win or be rewarded, and thus my deep aversion to forced group activities with crap participants ( welfare, social security, Obamacare, etc)  was begun. 

PAX Game

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The PAX Game
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 07:46:59 AM »
OMG is this sick!

::exitstageleft::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:03:39 AM »
OMG is this sick!

::exitstageleft::

That  is a spleem for your team then.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:10:39 AM »
My second and third grade teachers used similar point systems and rewards, though they were individual in nature and not group based.  In  this case you have peer pressure applied to try and get the right behavior out of your group.  Of course, in my personal experience, this sort of system lead me to being paired with the worst troublemakers,  and "my team" would never win or be rewarded, and thus my deep aversion to forced group activities with crap participants ( welfare, social security, Obamacare, etc)  was begun.

This describes me to a "T".

I don't think I ever would have survived the public school system in today's toxic environment. I was cursed with being born with my eyes pried wide open. My bullsh!t detector kicked in during my elementary school days and has been working overtime ever since.

spleems for everyone!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »
That video is sickening.

Right out of the box, they focus on the exact wrong questions.

"What do teachers want less of in their classrooms?"
"What do teachers want more of in their classrooms?"

The answers are universally, "I want less of children acting like children" and "I want more of children acting like liberals".

In other words, "I don't like it that I have to come to work and deal with children, so let's find a way to hurry-up this indoctrination process." One teacher actually said she would like to see less "movement".

The primary question should be, "How best can we educate our children academically?" Period. Before the hippies took control of the education system, teachers educated our children without "Pax" and "Spleem".

Just f***ing ridiculous.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
 ::overkill::

And so the use of your children in their social engineering experiments continues.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 01:48:49 PM »
That video is sickening.Before the hippies took control of the education system, teachers educated our children without "Pax" and "Spleem".

It's because they used discipline, which (sadly) seems to be lacking in today's society.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »
My second and third grade teachers used similar point systems and rewards, though they were individual in nature and not group based.  In  this case you have peer pressure applied to try and get the right behavior out of your group.  Of course, in my personal experience, this sort of system lead me to being paired with the worst troublemakers,  and "my team" would never win or be rewarded, and thus my deep aversion to forced group activities with crap participants ( welfare, social security, Obamacare, etc)  was begun.

This describes me to a "T".

I don't think I ever would have survived the public school system in today's toxic environment. I was cursed with being born with my eyes pried wide open. My bullsh!t detector kicked in during my elementary school days and has been working overtime ever since.
spleems for everyone!

I got through school without causing trouble.  I figured out early it was in my best interest to keep my mouth shut.  Although once it got the best of me and I questioned my 6th grade teacher about the rules to a reading game.  She changed them halfway through the contest (about 2-3 weeks in).  She told my mother I was rude and stubborn.  I can assure you I was a quiet student but I did ask why the rule change (requiring different books to be read in order to "count").  It didn't occur to me until years later that it probably had to do with the fact that I was winning the contest by a very wide margin...when she changed the rules I doubled down on my efforts and still won.

My fourth grade teacher couldn't control the class.  Sooooooo she placed us into new rows.  I was in row # 2. Each row would get a point for every infraction.  On Friday the row with the least number of points got a prize.  Yes, shy, quiet me got stuck in a row of boys who couldn't keep their feet under their desk.  And, yeah, every Friday when it looked like row #2 had chance at winning the teacher would notice the boys in our row with feet in the aisle and there the points appeared on the board. We never won.  Did I ever tell my mom about this? No.  It never occurred to me.  That's just the way it was=jail.

Often the teachers everyone thought were fantastic I could tell didn't like me. I think they realized I knew they were phonies. I figured out by 7th grade that school was a joke but I needed it to get where I wanted to go.  So I used it but it never became my life.  I think that's how I got through it.

I went to 9 different schools in 4 different states by 12th grade. It's all BS.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 11:58:05 PM »
I never caught on to the scam and remained perplexed, confused and bewildered right out of high school.  My senior year English teacher accused me of plagiarizing a poem that I wrote -- he took it and I never got it back.

Two weeks before graduation, I made the *mistake* of standing up for a .... "mainstreamed" girl ... the Blacks were taunting in the study hall held in the cafeteria.  1971; the civil rights era.  One of them beat the living sh*t out of me; I had waist-length hair then and she used it to her advantage.  After years of telling me not to fight, when I told my Mother I'd sat there in my chair, letting myself be taunted before Miss Thing used my hair to whip me across the room, Mom called me a stupid sonofabitch.

Today, I'll kill the person who dares approach me in aggression.

This is how our pasts shape us.  Assaulted by our enemies and betrayed by our protectors.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 06:45:38 AM »
That video is sickening.Before the hippies took control of the education system, teachers educated our children without "Pax" and "Spleem".

It's because they used discipline, which (sadly) seems to be lacking in today's society.

Yes, the three R's and discipline...today it is all touchy-feely BS!  I would not have made it to High School under todays environment, no way.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 11:40:43 AM »
I bet, with a certain finger jesture, "PAX YOU" would take on an entirely different meaning.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »
The developers of this demonic crap need to be branded and exiled!