Author Topic: And After You Pay For My Birth Control I Want You To Pay Off My College Loan  (Read 3408 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
I found this (like a lot of stuff) on the overnight thread at AoS. I am posting it here because (heh, heh) it's absolutely the reddest of red meat and I just can't wait to read the follow up comments.

It is, of course, the perfect follow up to the Sandra Fluke joke. And it also gives you a certain perspective on why some members of the animal kingdom kill their young. So here goes...

I, like many millennials, have more than $100,000 in student loan debt, most of which can be directly attributed to my parents’ unfortunate placement smack in the middle of the middle class and the fact that our family was uneducated about financing higher education.

My parents — a nurse and a police officer — were the first in their families to attend college, though Dad dropped out and joined the Marine Corps during Vietnam. Both baby boomers who attended state universities, they were ill-prepared for their two public-school-educated daughters to attend private universities that left us drowning in debt.

Sure, they had saved. They bought us U.S. savings bonds that matured over time. But those savings bonds and the scholarships I earned didn’t cover even a year’s tuition at my small private college in Boston, much less room and board.

Despite not having the means to pay for the colleges we chose, my parents truthfully answered questions on our financial-aid applications and co-signed our loans from Citibank when our schools determined that their modest means made my sister and me ineligible for any significant financial aid and subsidized federal loans. I remember thinking as a teenager, as I filled out an application on the monstrous desktop computer in our home — via a dial-up Internet connection — “What on earth does this stuff mean?”

Looking back, it’s easy to say that my parents failed. They should have asked more questions and sought counsel. More important, they should never have co-signed the loans or allowed their financial information in our aid applications because they had no intention, nor means, of paying for our pricey educations.

Yeah, your parents failed. They should have used a better condom. Or invested in a vasectomy. Or strangled you at birth.

Read the rest. Post your comments. Let the games begin.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Fat lot of good scolding them would do. They have demonstrated an imperviousness to common sense and responsibility. They are dhimmicrats.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
We can only pray her student loan debt continues to hinder her family plans.......hell, I'll pay for her tubes to be tied so this idiot won't breed.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
What a damn ingrate. But, alas, "that's the country we live in now" -- a country full of ingrates just like her.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Wait, it's not a new right! It's economic stimulus!

This legislation would be an impetus for economic growth by helping indebted college graduates get out of the renting cycle, build a small business, or stop putting off major life decisions such as starting a family.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Wait, it's not a new right! It's economic stimulus!

This legislation would be an impetus for economic growth by helping indebted college graduates get out of the renting cycle, build a small business, or stop putting off major life decisions such as starting a family.

And they'll even let all those people who didn't go to college and didn't wrack up six figures of debt pay for it!

What a fat lot of good that expensive education did for her, considering her concept of how economic stimulus works. I suspect she'd be the type to plug a six outlet power strip into itself and be frustrated beyond belief that the remaining five outlets don't have power.

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I really cannot add upon Trap's comments, good job Trap!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I read somewhere that student loan debt is north of a trillion dollars and now is greater than credit card debt. If that's true then it is only a matter of time before these people just stop trying to pay off their loans and then we get another financial crisis. Except it's worse now because there isn't anything to foreclose on.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
There's nothing left this country could offer after free s**t for those with 6 figure incomes.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
We have certainly come a very, very long way from having Democrats say, "Ask not what your country can do for you..."

Democrats used to revere JFK.

Funny how things turn out.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
And if O'BongoCare gets struck down (God willing), what does President Zero have left to run on?

I mean other than racial division (Martin Zimmerman) and/or class warfare (fabricated OWS rage)?

The only thing that I can see as a positive accomplishment is the decision to allow the SEALs to do their job and take out OBL. After screwing up the victory in Afghanistan (and probably Iraq) that was given to him by the previous admin, that isn't much of a hook to hang one's hat on.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
And if O'BongoCare gets struck down (God willing), what does President Zero have left to run on?

I mean other than racial division (Martin Zimmerman) and/or class warfare (fabricated OWS rage)?

The only thing that I can see as a positive accomplishment is the decision to allow the SEALs to do their job and take out OBL. After screwing up the victory in Afghanistan (and probably Iraq) that was given to him by the previous admin, that isn't much of a hook to hang one's hat on.

Come on, Trap!  He's gonna keep on trying!  Did ya see this?

http://freebeacon.com/white-house-tries-to-rebrand-mandate/

Posted here too -

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,3093.120.html

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Come on, Trap!  He's gonna keep on trying!  Did ya see this?

http://freebeacon.com/white-house-tries-to-rebrand-mandate/

From that article :
He also referred to the individual mandate as the “individual responsibility” clause of the bill, in an attempt to distance the administration from the term individual mandate

Hey, I know,  why don't we all be responsible to pay for our own health care however we feel it is best, and if we can't pay, we are denied service?  Its an idea so radical it might just work.  Dems passed laws requiring hospitals to provide care regardless of ability to pay, but the truth is - they ALWAYS DID. The Dems enslaved the doctors and now want to use that as justification for enslaving the rest of us.

The Liberal children just can't grow up enough to deal with the fact that life is unfair, and sometimes, someone isn't going to be able to afford a procedure that will save his life. But it is going to happen. Rationing MUST happen. The question is Sowell's "Who is to decide?"  - and the individual mandate says its the government. Individual Responsibility implies I get to make  the decision.  Orwell eat your heart out.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Makes sense to me!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
These idiots think college is expensive now......wait until there is a plan to forgive the debt.

Tennesseans can't understand why tuition increased with the introduction of "free" money, courtesy of the Tennessee lottery. Tuition will increase faster than a healthcare premium all jacked up on obamacare.

Liberals children never grow up, intellectually. Unfortunately, they do breed.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Hammer and a knife will solve that!   ::evil::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Dems passed laws requiring hospitals to provide care regardless of ability to pay ...

Which the court affirmed.

I was pissed to hear, during arguments, the SG refer to that as "society decided" (paraphrasing); shouting at the radio.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"