Author Topic: White House Tells Supremes - Hands Off ObamaCare!  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
White House Tells Supremes - Hands Off ObamaCare!
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:17:34 AM »
Guests, feel free to register & join the discussion!

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/03/15/white-house-supreme-court/

Dear White House,

Up yours!

::mooning::

Sincerely,

-The Supremes

Make it so!

::thumbsup::
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:56:34 AM by IronDioPriest »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: White House Tells Supremes - Hands Off ObamaCare!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
The Obama administration told the Supreme Court on Monday night it should stay away from a high-profile challenge to the 2010 health care law until after a lower court has had a chance to review the case.

UFB.  They "told".  He and his administration are setting themselves up for a major USSC ass-kicking - he keeps giving them all the reason in the world.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:21:13 AM »
Roberts should solicit plaintiffs and schedule a decision now.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »
Roberts should solicit plaintiffs and schedule a decision now.

I believe that there has been a request for a direct appeal from a U.S. District Court decision . (Florida??) I'll run it down.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 11:26:13 AM »
Bam! There is already a legal filing to accomplish direct appeal.

Read this:

http://www.suite101.com/content/us-appeals-fl-obamacare-case-supreme-ct-may-be-next-via-va-writ-a357577

Judge Vinson had given an option of filing such an appeal with the Atlanta court or filing a request for a direct appeal to US Supreme Court under the Supreme Court’s Rule 11 that allows skipping the Court of Appeal in certain circumstances. Even an expedited schedule in the Court of Appeal is likely to mean a year or more before the case gets to the Supreme Court, and perhaps another year before the Court gives its decision. This is despite some expectations that the final word regarding the issues raised by the ACA will come from the Supreme Court.

Read more at Suite101: US Appeals FL Obamacare Case, Supreme Ct. May Be Next Via VA Writ http://www.suite101.com/content/us-appeals-fl-obamacare-case-supreme-ct-may-be-next-via-va-writ-a357577#ixzz1Ggbr71Er
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »
If this White House is so confident obamacare is constitutional, one would think they would welcome the Supremes to jump in quickly.

But this is how chicago politics operate...it's better to throw out a warning rather than search for the truth.

On a sidenote, I remember how Bush was bashed for not responding to crisis. How many crisis must America and the world endure before obama speaks? Or better yet, acts? (sidenote: not that I want him to, but he is supposedly the leader of the greatest country of the free world)  
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 11:35:33 AM »
You can take the Chicago street punk out of Chicago...   ::mooning::

As for Judge Vinson?!   ::bows::  ::cool::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 11:38:26 AM »
Bam! There is already a legal filing to accomplish direct appeal.

Read this:

http://www.suite101.com/content/us-appeals-fl-obamacare-case-supreme-ct-may-be-next-via-va-writ-a357577

Judge Vinson had given an option of filing such an appeal with the Atlanta court or filing a request for a direct appeal to US Supreme Court under the Supreme Court’s Rule 11 that allows skipping the Court of Appeal in certain circumstances. Even an expedited schedule in the Court of Appeal is likely to mean a year or more before the case gets to the Supreme Court, and perhaps another year before the Court gives its decision. This is despite some expectations that the final word regarding the issues raised by the ACA will come from the Supreme Court.

Read more at Suite101: US Appeals FL Obamacare Case, Supreme Ct. May Be Next Via VA Writ http://www.suite101.com/content/us-appeals-fl-obamacare-case-supreme-ct-may-be-next-via-va-writ-a357577#ixzz1Ggbr71Er

So should we extrapolate then that the White House's demand that SCOTUS defer hearing appeals until lower courts have heard them was made in direct response to this ruling?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson