Author Topic: Conyers Lets Right-Wing Conspirators Off The Hook  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Conyers Lets Right-Wing Conspirators Off The Hook
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:26:41 AM »
Guests, feel free to register & join the discussion!

Not such a far-fetched allegation we made during the ObamaCare non-debate now is it?!

Conyers admits: ObamaCareā„¢ a "platform" for government heathcare takeover

Thanks, a-hole!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:48:54 AM by IronDioPriest »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Conyers Lets Right-Wing Conspirators Off The Hook
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »
The only thing surprising here is that a high profile Democrat has uttered this fact out loud. Everyone on both sides who has been paying any attention at all knows this already. The only thing the Left hasn't done en masse is admit it outright. Perhaps Conyers will embolden others.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:46:32 AM »
They're emboldened because the new Republican supermajority in the House has telegraphed its fecklessness to the Democrats. The House GOP leadership has latched onto House Rules as a fig leaf to cover their cowardly failure to address the $105B already allocated to ObamaCare.

Now the Democrats know there is no threat to ObamaCare on its congressional flank, so all they need to do is drag out the judicial proceedings (i.e., trying to "tell" the Supreme Court not to accept a direct appeal) long enough to get it good and entrenched in the bureaucracy and it will be damn hard to dislodge it.

The House GOP leadership planted a dagger deep into the backs of everyone who gave them their new majority. I hate them.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:55:06 AM »
I share your frustration G, I think there is still time to salvage things and it would be my desire to see admissions like this add to shoring up some spines to de-fund this crap right damn now...and I hate having to hope the Supremes rescue the legislators from their fecklessness...but that is where we are at right now.  I think the budget/CR debate is dominating too much attention right now, and since people are souring on any more CR's perhaps will see some spines firm up on that front and then shift focus to this front...which after all fiscally speaking is all tied up together anyway!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »
The only thing surprising here is that a high profile Democrat has uttered this fact out loud. Everyone on both sides who has been paying any attention at all knows this already. The only thing the Left hasn't done en masse is admit it outright. Perhaps Conyers will embolden others.

They did it before it was passed; this is not new.  Is the dead-media reporting on this now?  Then, nothing's changed.  SSDD.

Jan Shakowsky can be seen on youtube admitting at a townhall meeting or somesuch that the idea was to get to single payer by putting medical insurance companies out of business.  Dingle's convoluted explanation of how the legislation had to be implemented "in order to control the people" and Rush played that clip again just a few minutes ago.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »

They did it before it was passed; this is not new.  Is the dead-media reporting on this now?  Then, nothing's changed.  SSDD.

Jan Shakowsky can be seen on youtube admitting at a townhall meeting or somesuch that the idea was to get to single payer by putting medical insurance companies out of business.  Dingle's convoluted explanation of how the legislation had to be implemented "in order to control the people" and Rush played that clip again just a few minutes ago.

Even Obama admitted it before he was President - that it was his goal, but that it would take several years to develop and implement.

The thing is, they've all been allowed by the media to say both things at once - that it is and isn't a government takeover. They haven't faced scrutiny for the contradictory positions from within the Left's advocacy of the policy. And to my knowledge, Obama has never been asked since he's become President about his pre-presidential advocacy of single-payer universal health care, and his statement that manifesting it would be a years-long process.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson