Author Topic: Fair and Balanced is a Loser Idea and Should End  (Read 4020 times)

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Re: Fair and Balanced is a Loser Idea and Should End
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »
I think that the owners/managers has made an executive decision to tack to the left which is exemplified by the new 'hires' plus the fact that the ex-conservative commentators have changed their 'tune', a little slightly off key to the 'left'. Britt Hume is a good example.

Notice that the ones who refused to tack to the left are gone? Basically, what we have now is the hard right commentators are actually better classified as 'establishment repubs' or rhinos.

You have to find better sources because Fox has become corrupted.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 05:25:28 PM »
I'm thinking in particular of that sports guy, what's his name, Steven somebody?  Hannity gushes over that guy, has him on his radio show all the time. I think we've established a new trope....I'm not exactly sure what to call it, but for a start I'll dub it "Flaunting my reasonableness".

Actually that doesn't quite capture the mentality that I think is at the root.  Perhaps the trope might be more accurately called "Hey everybody, check out how godd**ned reasonable I am!!!"

And they'll be reasonable all the way to the  ::guillotine::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 05:44:44 PM »
I think that the owners/managers has made an executive decision to tack to the left which is exemplified by the new 'hires' plus the fact that the ex-conservative commentators have changed their 'tune', a little slightly off key to the 'left'. Britt Hume is a good example.

Notice that the ones who refused to tack to the left are gone? Basically, what we have now is the hard right commentators are actually better classified as 'establishment repubs' or rhinos.

I didn't want to believe it but I have come to the unhappy conclusion that what you say is the truth.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »

I didn't want to believe it but I have come to the unhappy conclusion that what you say is the truth.

For FOX it was always about taking something and making money from it.  Not about being conservative or presenting conservative views.  Which is why Rush is so successful.  Rush did what he believed in and then made money from it.  FOX will follow CNN's path--just another news channel no one watches or really cares about.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 06:13:25 PM »

Except, Friday night at 10 EST, Erick Boling and Sarah Palin will make a presentation
on gas prices, O&G, how we got here and what we can do.

Offline Sally Brown

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 06:26:42 PM »

Except, Friday night at 10 EST, Erick Boling and Sarah Palin will make a presentation
on gas prices, O&G, how we got here and what we can do.

And I'm going to try to remember to watch their program.  The only reason I ever know what's on FOX is because my husband is still a die hard and won't stop watching even though they all drive him crazy.

And...remember when Hannity was going on all the time about how BO was really a good guy?  Just misguided.  Plus John McCain is, as nearly as I can tell, one of his very, very best friends. 

I despair.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 06:39:03 PM »

And...remember when Hannity was going on all the time about how BO was really a good guy?  Just misguided.  Plus John McCain is, as nearly as I can tell, one of his very, very best friends. 

people like that make me sick

I'm not giving an inch...not willing to concede anything...

(Throw Medved in that camp too...always willing to acknowledge BO's good efforts...)