Author Topic: WI Senate Leader - Dem's in Contempt Cannot Vote  (Read 1837 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
WI Senate Leader - Dem's in Contempt Cannot Vote
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
“When taking roll call votes on amendments and bills during executive sessions, Senate Democrats’ votes will not be reflected in the Records of Committee Proceedings or the Senate Journal. They are free to attend hearings, listen to testimony, debate legislation, introduce amendments, and cast votes to signal their support/opposition, but those votes will not count, and will not be recorded.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/03/14/wisconsin-gop-senate-leader-to-dems-youre-in-contempt-so-you-cant-vote-anymore/

Shouldn't even be allowed in the building without being arrested and jailed!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: WI Senate Leader - Dem's in Contempt Cannot Vote
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:32:58 AM »
This is good solid hardball. I'm not sure what the political ramifications will be for the Pubbies, or even how sharp the teeth are in this ruling of contempt, but I have to say the man appears to have a pair of testicles.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:37:34 AM »
Yeah, they can't let these AWOL jerks to benefit one iota from their juvinile antics!

Stay on offense, or the Left and the MFM will streamroll you!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 12:09:38 PM »
You left so you didn't have to vote and now you're back and can't vote!!@

IDP he has a beautiful set of polished Brass ones!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 12:20:40 PM »
It will be three weeks before the next legislative something or other is scheduled and the Parliamentary rules say they'll be held in contempt until then and unable to vote until they are relieved of the contempt charge.

Here it is from HotAir comments:

It appears the democrat Senators will remain in contempt for another three weeks.

Section 1(2)(c) “A member of the senate who is identified in a resolution under this subsection shall be given an opportunity to be heard on the resolution only on the session day on which the resolution is before the senate.” That day is scheduled to be April 5.

roscopico on March 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:33:48 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »
It will be three weeks before the next legislative something or other is scheduled and the Parliamentary rules say they'll be held in contempt until then and unable to vote until they are relieved of the contempt charge.

Here it is from HotAir comments:

It appears the democrat Senators will remain in contempt for another three weeks.

Section 1(2)(c) “A member of the senate who is identified in a resolution under this subsection shall be given an opportunity to be heard on the resolution only on the session day on which the resolution is before the senate.” That day is scheduled to be April 5.

roscopico on March 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM

They can do what they want but I'll be holding them in contempt for quite a while to come.

In their old age Sicilians forget everything but a gudge.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 01:54:43 PM »
Not quite old-age and Italian-not-Sicilian but I find certain offenses stick in my craw.  And stick.  And the offender may receive forgiveness after the proper apology, but I do not forget.  Fool me once ......
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 05:17:39 PM »
Nary a damned testicle to be found between them all. Phhht.  ::facepalm::

Oh, well, never mind. THAT lasted really f**king long.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 05:23:48 PM »
Not quite old-age and Italian-not-Sicilian but I find certain offenses stick in my craw.  And stick.  And the offender may receive forgiveness after the proper apology, but I do not forget.  Fool me once ......

My mother still fights with her dead BIL.Man she hated him.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »
Nary a damned testicle to be found between them all. Phhht.  ::facepalm::

Oh, well, never mind. THAT lasted really f**king long.

Seizing defeat from the jaws of victory yet again.  The Left will hail this as a war victory, despite the fact that the battle that started this was won by the Repub's.

Fools!