Author Topic: 1st Lt. BUSTED w/Zetas  (Read 1930 times)

charlesoakwood

1st Lt. BUSTED w/Zetas
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »

[blockquote]
insightcrime

On March 24, First Lt. Kevin Corley (pictured, at left) arrived with a three-man team at a warehouse in the border city of Laredo, Texas, armed with two semiautomatic rifles, a combat knife and a .300-caliber bolt-action rifle equipped with a scope. The men believed they had been hired by the Zetas to carry out a contracted killing and raid of a rival drug trafficking group’s storehouse, and had been called to receive the final details of the assignment.  What they didn’t know, however, was ...  [/blockquote]

We know they are looking for stories to discredit the military but this is outrageous.  I thought they had systems in place to keep these personality types out of the military much less the officer corps.  Maybe he and Nidal  Hasan enlisted together.   Or maybe he's gay.

hemm

Re: 1st Lt. BUSTED w/Zetas
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 08:14:33 PM »
This is a direct result of lowering standards.

Glad I am Retired, I saw this coming 3-4 years ago. What is really surprising to me is that it's not worse.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 08:21:52 PM »

Hey Hemmer,  good to see you.

Enlistees really that bad, that's a shame.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:54:07 AM »
 ::facepalm::

Truly disappointing, but alas, people are capable of great disappointment and great stupidity, greed and selfishness.  Let the punishments fit the crimes.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:48:45 PM »
Color me not surprised.

Get it?  ::bustamove::
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »
Heh, an on-color joke!  Such tone!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline S0N_of_trapeze

• Newb
  • I am a defender AND a legacy. A SOLDIER
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 08:02:24 PM »
This is a direct result of lowering standards.

Glad I am Retired, I saw this coming 3-4 years ago. What is really surprising to me is that it's not worse.

thankfully the requiting standards are going back up. you can no longer enlist if you have ever been arrested for drug and alcohol reasons, have any kind of criminal record or any kind of affiliation with gangs. i believe they are even making new enlistees take a much more in-depth personality test. I hope this can lessen the number of traitors and oath-breakers like these four.
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them. - Mark Twain
No more important duty can be urged upon those who are entering the great theater of life than simple loyalty to their best convictions.- Edwin Hubbel Chapin

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »

Looking at that guy I don't see Lieutenant
anywhere about him.