Author Topic: Must be a "refresher" course, I thought MFM jurnolistas already obeyed?  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Obama Instructs Journalists On How To Report His Positions
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/03/obama_instructs_journalists_on_how_to_report_his_positions.html

I guess some jurnolistas are just too stupid to remember the game plan...

And, the cat runs out of the bag..."... centrist positions,"

Centrist?!  Bwuuuhaaaahaaaa!!!!  With his record I can't wait to see the imposible contortions conducted to fit that pig into an engagement ring box!

::hysterical::  ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

What an ass!

::effu::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline 21stCenturyThinker

• Newb
  • Renaissance Man- Don't Fear the Rebirth
I just looked at the link. I'm amazed at the audacity shown by the President and the timidity shown by the press. What really worries me is that Obama obviously feels so secure in his fortress , so unthreatened by the press that he can treat them with the same disdain he shows the rest of America. Used to be the press were the watchdogs and politicians who poked them were in immediate peril. The main job of the press should be to take politicians to task and be the voice for the rest of us. It's why "freedom of the press" is such a revered principle in America. Dictators and despots are usually the only ones able to treat the media disrespectfully. When media become lap dogs for the politicians then we are bound to be subjected to the worst sort of despotism. The president feels free to defy the constitution, mock average Americans and play the race card with impunity. All hail the Potentate Obama.

It's one thing to bury ones own head in the sand. It's another thing entirely to have the sand piled on your head by others. The liberal press and media are burying all our heads along with their own. The world will be a very nasty place when we pull our heads out. And the liberals will then be crying "why didn't you conservatives do something sooner to prevent this?"

How strange it seems that the path to tyranny runs through liberalism. Turns out conquerors don't need to use force to enslave us. Liberals are so intent upon being weak and destroying strength that they will vote themselves and all the rest of us into slavery. I'd just like to raise this warning: our enemies won't respect us for our weakness. Weakness does not make us less vulnerable to attack, whether physical or philosophical, from outside the USA or from inside. No blasphemy intended, but it turns out the meek DO NOT inherit the earth. Unless you mean the six foot plot of earth that is waiting for all of us.

Time to wake up, people. If we make enough noise, perhaps we can wake up some others too.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Amen, 21CT!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
...I'm amazed at the audacity shown by the President and the timidity shown by the press. What really worries me is that Obama obviously feels so secure in his fortress , so unthreatened by the press that he can treat them with the same disdain he shows the rest of America. Used to be the press were the watchdogs and politicians who poked them were in immediate peril. The main job of the press should be to take politicians to task and be the voice for the rest of us. It's why "freedom of the press" is such a revered principle in America. Dictators and despots are usually the only ones able to treat the media disrespectfully. When media become lap dogs for the politicians then we are bound to be subjected to the worst sort of despotism...

I'm convinced that the primary tentacles of the media would even remain compliant if the regime began carting average Mom-n-Pop Tea Party Americans away to camps, never to be heard from again. They would try to find a way to justify the actions of the regime. That's how all-in the Leftist media is with the regime's "fundamental transformation".
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline 21stCenturyThinker

• Newb
  • Renaissance Man- Don't Fear the Rebirth
Of course you're right. Haven't they already hauled us away to the gulags metaphorically? We are the banished. Our simple voices of reason and right are not only ignored but publically vilified. Our opinions are duck-walked through the streets to be whipped and humiliated while the liberal masses cheer at the cruelty. It seems the only hate they can work up is for conservatives. Apparently the only ones they adore are their slave masters. Funny way of thinking.

Sorry, might have gone a bit off the tracks with the duck walking analogy. You get my point though.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
No, not off the rails at all. The analogy applies.

I ask myself more regularly now, "What limits would Barack Hussein Obama place on his actions against America if he believed he could do whatever his heart desired? What are the limits to what his moral compass would allow him to do in the service of his ideology?"

In my heart, I believe him to possess the seeds of history's most terrible tyrannical dictators. None of them throughout history began their rule with their terrible evil fully manifested. Only after power was accumulated and history written has the nature and malevolent character been fully revealed.

I don't see any indication that this man would stop at eliminating anything in his way, if he thought it could be accomplished.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Concur.  Which is why he must go.  God only knows what he'd do with another term.

This means whothehellever the R nominee is, we crawl over broken glass, if necessary, to pull the lever.  We don't have to like it -- I don't -- we just have to do it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
...and to bring it back to the media, I believe they would stand by at best, aid the regime at worst. Finally, the conservative scourge would be dealt with. They would make noise about regret, and lay blame at our feet - "why did those damned conservatives not see how wrong they were until they forced themselves into a corner?"

But in the end, the Leftist media will do what it can to protect the Leftist Utopian dream.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
You're gonna love this:

... the Post took the unprecedented,  extraordinary step of incorporating later comments by Obama into the statement they were supposed to be fact-checking:

We removed the word "unprecedented," since Obama walked that back, and we inserted the word "economic" before "law," since the president added that distinction in his follow-up. We kept the word "extraordinary" and the part about judicial activism, since Obama never backed away from any of that.

And I'd just remind conservative commentators that for years what we've heard is, the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism or a lack of judicial restraint -- that an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law. Well, this is a good example. And I'm pretty confident that this court will recognize that and not take that step.

Here's how the original comments would read in light of the president's clarifying remarks:

Ultimately, I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning an [economic] law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.

This, then is apparently the media's new standard in fact-checking Obama: Check, not what he said, but what we think he probably meant to say. In other words, check what Obama said ... in the most positive way possible.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/04/this_is_how_the_media_fact_checks_obama.html#ixzz1rfFG1oII

There's more at the link.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Love" isn't the right word Pan.

::gaah::

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Must be a "refresher" course, I thought MFM jurnolistas already obeyed?
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 01:43:17 PM »
"Love" isn't the right word Pan.

::gaah::

Yah, I knew dat.  ::stirpot::

Such serendipity to find instantaneous proof of yours and 21Century's points.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 06:50:49 PM »

More and more I think he will be reelected.  Regardless.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »

My thoughts, exactly. I'm stocking up on ammo.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 08:29:15 PM »

My thoughts, exactly. I'm stocking up on ammo.

And body bags. The ones with the nifty cinch ties. Because basically I'm a tidy person  ;D

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 04:24:06 AM »
Obama Instructs Journalists On How To Report His Positions
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/03/obama_instructs_journalists_on_how_to_report_his_positions.html

I guess some jurnolistas are just too stupid to remember the game plan...

What else would one expect ? As key members of his campaign team they require periodic and careful coaching on "the message" .  ::saywhat:: ::eyes:: ::)