Author Topic: Pro-Abortion Activist: “I Love Abortion,” “Don’t Want it Rare”  (Read 1194 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
A pro-abortion activist writing at one of the leading pro-abortion websites is admitting what many in the pro-life movement has always known but what leading defenders of abortion refuse to admit.

Until now.

Jessica DelBalzo, an activist writer from Flemington, New Jersey who has written for numerous progressive websites, puts her extreme pro-abortion views on display at RH Reality Check, where she candidly admits in a headline, “I Love Abortion: Implying Otherwise Accomplishes Nothing for Women’s Rights.”

“I love abortion. I don’t accept it. I don’t view it as a necessary evil. I embrace it. I donate to abortion funds. I write about how important it is to make sure that every woman has access to safe, legal abortion services. I have bumper stickers and buttons and t-shirts proclaiming my support for reproductive freedom. I love abortion,” DelBalzo declares.

As Delbalzo writes, “And I bristle every time a fellow activist uses a trendy catch-phrase or rallying cry meant to placate pro-lifers. The first of these, “Make abortion safe, legal, and rare!” has been used for decades as a call for abortion rights.”

“Safe and legal are concepts I fully support, but rare is something I cannot abide. I understand the theoretical mindset: it is better for a woman to prevent an unwanted pregnancy than to bear the physical and financial burden of an abortion. While my own abortion involved very little pain and a minimal financial expense, one which my ex-boyfriend was willing to share with me, even I can admit that using condoms or the pill is preferable to eight weeks of nausea and weight gain,” she writes. “However, there is no need to suggest that abortion be rare. To say so implies a value judgement [sic], promoting the idea that abortion is somehow distasteful or immoral and should be avoided. Even with affordable, accessible birth control, there will be user errors, condoms that break, moments of spontaneity. The best contraceptive access in the world won’t change the fact that we are merely human and imperfect in our routines.”

She also admits:  “Similarly, I’ve heard reproductive rights activists claim that “no one likes abortion,” in an attempt to find common ground with anti-choicers. While it may be true that no one likes the physical act of having an abortion (any more than she may like her yearly mammogram, life-saving chemotherapy, or temporarily uncomfortable dental surgery), a great many women like abortion itself.”

She loves abortion.

Think she ever looked at something like that ^^ ?

H/T and jpeg from HotAir.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Even with affordable, accessible birth control, there will be user errors, condoms that break, moments of spontaneity. The best contraceptive access in the world won’t change the fact that we are merely human and imperfect in our routines.”

You see, abortion IS a form of contraceptive, she explained. If a spontaneous moment occurs, don't think for a second about actually pulling out a condom or even trying to be responsible, or think that an abortion has any moral ramifications beyond using a contraceptive.  Preventing Conception. Killing the products of conception. All the same thing.  Because if you did make a distinction,  I might have to realize what a horrible baby killing monster I am.  Women who have abortions become te most invested and outspoken  that its has no moral component, and that a fetus is "just a lump of cells"  because they have to. They wouldn't be able to live with themselves if that actually confronted the fact that they flippantly killed their own child. I think the need to rationalize becomes worse if they then have a child which this Bitch has apparently done.  Not only that she told her toddler about the bother or sister she murdered, probably figuring that if her 2 year old still loves her and approves, then killing the first child must have been OK. After all "There isn't anything frightening about terminating a pregnancy, but even a child can comprehend the atrocity in forced gestation." You know, until you grow old enough and self-aware enough to realize it was just a freak chance you mother didn't decide to abort you. No just pretend its normal to kill broths and sisters on a whim and you child will grow up right as rain.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Jessica DelBalzo has a friend in Satan.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Obama Demands We Worship Him With This Blood
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - March 16, AD 2012 3:01 PM MST
As received via email:

A picture began circulating in November. It should be 'The Picture of the Year,' or perhaps, 'Picture of the Decade.' It won't be. In fact, unless you obtained a copy of the US paper which published it, you probably would never have seen it.

The picture is that of a 21-week-old unborn baby named Samuel Alexander Armas, who is being operated on by surgeon named Joseph Bruner.

The baby was diagnosed with spina bifida and would not survive if removed from his mother's womb. Little Samuel's mother, Julie Armas, is an obstetrics nurse in Atlanta. She knew of Dr. Bruner's remarkable surgical procedure. Practicing at Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr in Nashville, he performs these special operations while the baby is still in the womb.

During the procedure, the doctor removes the uterus via C-section and makes a small incision to operate on the baby. ***As Dr Bruner completed the surgery on Samuel, the little guy reached his tiny, but fully developed hand through the incision and firmly grasped the surgeon's finger. Dr Bruner was reported as saying that when his finger was grasped, it was the most emotional moment of his life, and that for an instant during the procedure he was just frozen, totally immobile.*** (See correction below)

The photograph captures this amazing event with perfect clarity. The editors titled the picture, 'Hand of Hope.' The text explaining the picture begins, 'The tiny hand of 21-week-old fetus Samuel Alexander Armas emerges from the mother's uterus to grasp the finger of Dr Joseph Bruner as if thanking the doctor for the gift of life.'

Little Samuel's mother said they 'wept for days' when they saw the picture. She said, 'The photo reminds us pregnancy isn't about disability or an illness, it's about a little person. Samuel was born in perfect health, the operation 100 percent successful.

ObamaCare will not only prohibit and forbid such a surgery from ever taking place, it will demand the execution of babies like Samuel as "unfit" and "burdensome on the state".

I will not comply. I will NEVER submit.

-----------------------------------------------

UPDATE: A keen reader emailed to say that while the photo above and the people involved are 100% real, the bit about the doctor saying that having his finger grasped was the most emotional moment of his life was dramatic flourish added by someone. So there you go. Just FYI.

BUT, this photo brought out a great point. I have received a couple of emails from horrible people - calling themselves conservatives - arguing that spending money on surgeries like the one on Baby Samuel is "economically unfeasible", and that children with defects are a drain on society that should be culled like livestock (someone actually said that in an email), and since healthcare is not a right, the surgery above should never be performed.

Okay, can you rebut this? You have to be able to, because there are plenty of atheist conservatives out there who see everything in terms of dollars and are utterly divorced from charity. You have to be able to rebut them with as much force as you would rebut an atheist liberal.

Here is the rebuttal:

While healthcare is not a right, it is a service commodity that can be purchased or *donated* freely. Doctors can choose to donate their skill and expertise to any extent they choose. Additionally, every sovereign person has the RIGHT to donate their money, which is the fungible proxy for their work and creativity, to the Church, or to a secular charity that would then either cover the cost of such procedures entirely or in part. Ever hear of St. Jude's Children's Hospital in Memphis?? Ever hear of the Catholic Church? THESE ENTITIES, and others, are the entities that are called to provide CHARITABLE HEALTHCARE, supported by the FREELY-GIVEN donations and tithes of the broad populace. These are the institutions to which people who find themselves in need should turn to - NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

Further, human beings are not animals. Human beings are created by God in His image, and are endowed by Him from the moment of their creation with inalienable dignity. Human beings are not livestock to be culled or economic units upon which cost-benefit analyses are performed. If you divorce economic theory from Christian Charity, you will descend into totalitarianism, even if your starting point is on the so-called "right" of the spectrum.

This, dear reader, is the nuance that the imbecilic Catholic bishops are missing. Some of them are outright Marxists and know what they are doing. Many of them are just breathtakingly stupid men who can't combine an understanding of economics with an understanding of Christlike Charity. If the government exists within a matrix of subsidiarity (power diminishing the higher up you go), and the economy is allowed to operate freely, AND the Church preaches the Gospel unflinchingly, the voluntary giving of the populace will always provide for babies like Samuel, and for the indigent.

If a totalitarian government is permitted to take over healthcare, babies like Samuel will be slaughtered in the name of "the good of the state", and the opportunity to engage in acts of charity will be eliminated by definition, because there will be no outlet for charitable healthcare, or care of the poor, or anything else - because the government has co-opted and coerced those activities AT THE POINT OF A GUN. And that is exactly what satan wants. An entire civilization legally incapable, and eventually spiritually unwilling to love their neighbor.

The only authentic love is love that is freely given. Marxism seeks to eliminate the ability to voluntarily love your fellow man, and to pit the masses against each other, jealous of the "consumption of resources" of their neighbor. In pitting the masses against each other, the sins of the oligarchs are hidden from the people by distraction.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
I will not comply. I will NEVER submit.

WAR.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I will NEVER submit.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline S0N_of_trapeze

• Newb
  • I am a defender AND a legacy. A SOLDIER
In all honesty, when i looked at the "picture of hope", i got a little teary-eyed. Even though this is just one of a few atrocities this country allows within its borders protected by government policy, I believe that it is something that deserves a large amount of attention.  ::rockets:: http://voices.yahoo.com/thus-saith-lord-god-continue-bless-america-2478087.html?cat=9 the writer of this article has the right of it i think. If God had prophets here in the present, i think they may have said something like this. May God have mercy on the souls who allow and commit this... because I sure wont. ::overkill::
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them. - Mark Twain
No more important duty can be urged upon those who are entering the great theater of life than simple loyalty to their best convictions.- Edwin Hubbel Chapin

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
As despicable as someone is who claims outright that they "love" abortion and want to proliferate its practice, the actual open advocacy of the Leftist agenda is refreshing.

In almost any context one can imagine, Leftists obfuscate, misrepresent, and lie about their true agenda, for the simple reason that full revelation of it would relegate them to the absolute fringe of society. They have no prayer of capturing the mainstream on any issue unless their lies about the issue are believed by a majority.

So while I would just as soon fantasize about twisting a blade in the ribs of someone who would take this heinous position, they are indeed providing a service by dropping the mask.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline S0N_of_trapeze

• Newb
  • I am a defender AND a legacy. A SOLDIER
As despicable as someone is who claims outright that they "love" abortion and want to proliferate its practice, the actual open advocacy of the Leftist agenda is refreshing.

In almost any context one can imagine, Leftists obfuscate, misrepresent, and lie about their true agenda, for the simple reason that full revelation of it would relegate them to the absolute fringe of society. They have no prayer of capturing the mainstream on any issue unless their lies about the issue are believed by a majority.

So while I would just as soon fantasize about twisting a blade in the ribs of someone who would take this heinous position, they are indeed providing a service by dropping the mask.
Very true. having to dig through fine print to see the truth grow wearisome after a while. honesty, however FUBAR'd it may be, is better than nothing.
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them. - Mark Twain
No more important duty can be urged upon those who are entering the great theater of life than simple loyalty to their best convictions.- Edwin Hubbel Chapin