Author Topic: Fraud: "Global warming denial in U.S. will help China overtake America"  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
It's funny how, as the evidence against AGW continues to pile up, its advocates simply double-down on it with an extra helping of argumentum ad populum and argumentum ad verecundiam:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123669/Denial-global-warming-foolishness-says-leading-American-scientist-U-S-losing-prestige-China-stance.html

One of the world's most respected scientists has slammed America's position on global warming.
Peter Raven has been a trusted adviser of U.S. presidents, popes and other heads of state on the issue since 1964.

The 76-year-old American scientist and former president of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, says that an anti-climate stance has diminished U.S. prestige among world leaders.

Attention is turning instead to China - who is seen as a more positive and influential global force.

In response to claims by some U.S. political parties stating that man-made global warming is a 'hoax', Mr Raven said 'it's just foolishness' to believe that global warming isn't a real threat.

'It's not a matter of conjecture anymore,' Mr Raven told ABC News."
Mr Raven also says that a vigorous 'disinformation campaign' in the U.S. by political parties, particularly the Republicans, and the fossil fuel industry about the seriousness of the situation has led to an alarming lowering of respect for America.

'There is virtually unanimous consensus among the world's scientists who work in the area that human beings are the major reason [for global warming],' said Mr Raven.
'We've already pumped enough carbon dioxide and about 15 other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere to have changed the climate dramatically,' he said.

The National Academy of Science Academic stated in 2010 that those who doubted man-made climate change were in the vast minority, at around two percent of notable researchers.

The society also said that denouncers had far less credible careers than their scientist peers generally.

He goes on to confirm his total disconnect from reality by claiming that attention is now turning to China, viewed as a more positive and influential leader on Global Warming. Yes, China. That country that has gone gangbusters on coal plants and impounded so much water behind the Three Gorges dam that it actually shifted the Earth's axis. That country with the lakes of toxic sludge from their battery manufacturing and rare earth metals refining. They're certainly at the vanguard of environmental stewardship alright.

And the whole "consensus" argument, yet again. 40 years ago there was a "consensus" that we were on the verge of a new Ice Age, not warming. The truly enraging thing is that all the objective, empirical data since 1998 have shown almost the exact opposite of what the climate is supposed to be doing according to these alarmists' dire predictions and computer models. Does this any of this make them question their models, their methodologies, or the premises of their argument? Hell no!

Friggin' idiots.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Yes, idiots.  But please, go to China, I'm sure the commies will fete you appropriately!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Peter Hamilton Raven (born June 13, 1936) is a botanist and environmentalist, notable as the longtime director, now President Emeritus, of the Missouri Botanical Garden.

Aren't they always.  What's next?  An Environmental Sociologist with expertise in gender, race, and climate change, calling for re-education camps?

You say what?  Already happening?

Go get her, boys!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.

Good Lord.  She looks like "the kid down the street's weird little sister".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

What an aura!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Have you seen my ride?

::bus::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Not even with a 6-pack and a grocery sack

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Not even with a 6-pack and a grocery sack

::unknowncomic::   ::unknowncomic::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
The 76-year-old American scientist and former president of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, says that an anti-climate stance has diminished U.S. prestige among world leaders.

Love that. We're anti-climate. I'm against the climate. I hate climate. The climate must die. Down with the climate.

How do people become such morons? Honestly? I do not know anyone in my life... wait, nevermind, I do.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Fraud: "Global warming denial in U.S. will help China overtake America"
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 09:47:46 AM »

Love that. We're anti-climate. I'm against the climate. I hate climate. The climate must die. Down with the climate.

How do people become such morons? Honestly? I do not know anyone in my life... wait, nevermind, I do.

LOL'd.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Fraud: "Global warming denial in U.S. will help China overtake America"
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »
Rush was talking about that the other day, this meme that Republicans want polluted air and water.  Do Republicans not breathe the same air and drink from the same water supply? It's foolish on its face.

I think this was in response to Duh Won's insipid, sophomoric criticisms of the Ryan budget, claiming it would gut funding that we need for keeping water clean and police officers on the streets. Rush asked who he needs to contact in order to have the secret stash of clean, breathable air piped into his home, and which law enforcement officials could tell him on which nights they plan to not arrest murderers and armed robbers so he can be sure to stay home on that schedule.

- Yours Truly