Author Topic: AMPU - Obama Pitches a Temper Tantrum  (Read 4171 times)

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
AMPU - Obama Pitches a Temper Tantrum
« on: April 03, 2012, 03:43:14 PM »
Hey folks, latest article is up, called "Obama Pitches a Temper Tantrum."

"For two days now, President Obama has attacked the Supreme Court, and has essentially double-dog dared them to overturn Obamacare."

http://amostperfectunion.com/ampu/archives/art38.htm

Enjoy!
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/amperfectunion
Check out the website! www.amostperfectunion.com

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: AMPU - Obama Pitches a Temper Tantrum
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »

Good work.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:14:34 PM »
I am searching for the ink, but apparently a U.S. Appeals Court Judge took offense to what Obama said in the Rose Garden yesterday. The Obama Justice Department has been give days to respond to that Court supporting Obama's claim that overturning Obamacare would be "unprecedented."
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »

Good work.

Yup, well done. The tie-in to his unelected regulatory regime is particularly relevant in light of his comments against the court. Let's hope your understanding of ego is even greater than 10%.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
A federal appeals court is striking back after President Obama cautioned the Supreme Court against overturning the health care overhaul and warned that such an act would be "unprecedented."

A three-judge panel for the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday ordered the Justice Department to explain by Thursday whether the administration believes judges have the power to strike down a federal law.

A source inside the courtroom, who did not want to be identified, confirmed the incident to Fox News. The testy exchange played out during a hearing over a separate challenge to the health care law. It was apparent, however, that the justice who questioned the government attorney present was referring to Obama's recent comments about the Supreme Court's review of that law.

The source said the justice, Judge Jerry Smith, was pointed in his questioning of the government attorney, asking whether Attorney General Eric Holder believes judges can strike down federal laws.

Smith then ordered a response from the department within 48 hours. The related letter from the court, obtained by Fox News, instructed the Justice Department to provide an explanation of "no less than three pages, single spaced" by noon on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/03/judges-order-justice-department-to-clarify-following-obama-remarks-on-health/#ixzz1r1UfjIun
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 09:09:32 PM »
All y'all pay attention now:  THEY HAVE HEREBY ISSUED THE CHALLENGE.  The DOJ may be planning on challenging the USSC striking down the law.  If it does, they've definitely gone ex-Constitutional, all the way, rogue.

Powder dry.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 09:16:12 PM »
All y'all pay attention now:  THEY HAVE HEREBY ISSUED THE CHALLENGE.  The DOJ may be planning on challenging the USSC striking down the law.  If it does, they've definitely gone ex-Constitutional, all the way, rogue.

Powder dry.

As sad as it would make me, in a way, it would be a relief. Relief from the not knowing, and wondering.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »
  I always thought it was a good idea to piss the people with all the power over me off. ::foilhathelicopter::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 10:30:27 PM »

Good work.

Thank you!

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 10:35:14 PM »
A federal appeals court is striking back after President Obama cautioned the Supreme Court against overturning the health care overhaul and warned that such an act would be "unprecedented."

A three-judge panel for the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday ordered the Justice Department to explain by Thursday whether the administration believes judges have the power to strike down a federal law.

A source inside the courtroom, who did not want to be identified, confirmed the incident to Fox News. The testy exchange played out during a hearing over a separate challenge to the health care law. It was apparent, however, that the justice who questioned the government attorney present was referring to Obama's recent comments about the Supreme Court's review of that law.

The source said the justice, Judge Jerry Smith, was pointed in his questioning of the government attorney, asking whether Attorney General Eric Holder believes judges can strike down federal laws.

Smith then ordered a response from the department within 48 hours. The related letter from the court, obtained by Fox News, instructed the Justice Department to provide an explanation of "no less than three pages, single spaced" by noon on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/03/judges-order-justice-department-to-clarify-following-obama-remarks-on-health/#ixzz1r1UfjIun

Yep, saw that earlier.  Apparently, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals is hearing a case re: Obamacare right now.  They issued a demand to the DoJ attorney, giving him 48 hours to explain what Obama meant by "unprecedented for SCOTUS to strike down federal law," no fewer than 3 pages, single-spaced.

Talk about a smack-down.  That demand was a lot more insulting that it had to be.

And, everyone here is right.  I'm not sure what Obama thinks he's going to do, but once SCOTUS speaks, that's the end of the ball game.  There are no other options.  He could always just ignore the ruling, but he'd get impeached over that for sure (I hope).

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 10:37:22 PM »

Yep, saw that earlier.  Apparently, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals is hearing a case re: Obamacare right now.  They issued a demand to the DoJ attorney, giving him 48 hours to explain what Obama meant by "unprecedented for SCOTUS to strike down federal law," no fewer than 3 pages, single-spaced.

Talk about a smack-down.  That demand was a lot more insulting that it had to be.

And, everyone here is right.  I'm not sure what Obama thinks he's going to do, but once SCOTUS speaks, that's the end of the ball game.  There are no other options.  He could always just ignore the ruling, but he'd get impeached over that for sure (I hope).

Prepping the base and shifting blame.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »
No. He won't get impeached.  You're counting on the Senate, of whom the E-GOP holds no majority, having the balls??

No.  It will be up to us.  You, me, you, youyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyouyou, showing up and STANDING.

Jesus Christ, give us the strength, the will and Your Mighty Blessing.

"Red Dawn" on right now on AMC.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 11:25:58 PM »
No. He won't get impeached.  You're counting on the Senate, of whom the E-GOP holds no majority, having the balls??

No.  It will be up to us.  You, me, you, you...youyouyouyou, showing up and STANDING.

Jesus Christ, give us the strength, the will and Your Mighty Blessing.

"Red Dawn" on right now on AMC.

Well...not to get TOO technical, but the House does the impeaching (indicting).  The Senate does the convicting.  Clinton WAS impeached, just not convicted.  Second only President in history.  Obama's on track to be the third.

He'd have to do something grossly way over the top, though.  This being an election year would make Republicans very hesitant to appear to be messing with an election with an impeachment.

Not that Obama's entire presidency has been grossly way over the top, or anything.  You'd need 10 sets of hands to count all the times he's blatantly ignored the law.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 11:49:31 PM »
Pan is right though, regarding the conspicuous absence of testicular fortitude among the GOP. I'm not sure they would impeach him even with their significant House majority.

But that leads to another question, one I find more ominous yet. Suppose they did impeach him, and suppose the Senate did uphold the impeachment. Legally, constitutionally, the President is ejected from office. What if he (or any other President for that matter) were to simply refuse to leave office? Who goes in there and literally drags him out? Would they actually do it?

That right there is why I think the milquetoast E-GOP doesn't take a harder stance against the criminality of this regime, because they know they lack the guts so they'd rather be passive from the start. At least that way they can fall back on plausible deniability.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 01:10:00 AM »
None of them has the testicles to ponder being the congress that impeached the First Black Presidentâ„¢.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:23 AM »
Agreed, the narrative is effed up right from the start, they'd be impeaching the First Treasonous Black Presidentâ„¢.  I would tell people we can find a much much better black president than this!  How about Allen West?
 ;)

ETA - Palin suggest West for VP.

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,5390.new.html
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:14:55 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 07:44:52 AM »
Agreed, the narrative is effed up right from the start, they'd be impeaching the First Treasonous Black Presidentâ„¢.  I would tell people we can find a much much better black president than this!  How about Allen West?
 ;)

Hey leave my Rep.alone,we just got him. Back to the topic at hand,I don't think he's ready for that move as much as I love the guy.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 09:15:27 AM »
 ;)

Hey leave my Rep.alone,we just got him. Back to the topic at hand,I don't think he's ready for that move as much as I love the guy.

Sorry, I'll tell you up front I won't leave him alone!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.