Author Topic: Polar Bears  (Read 2272 times)

Offline robins111

Polar Bears
« on: April 06, 2012, 09:13:15 AM »
A recently released study being reported in the Canadian media is that the bear population which everyone claims is on its last legs... shocker, its doing fine, in fact the population is growing.   Apparently finding white bears on white snow was difficult for the eco-tards and they under counted them... then used the fake study to generate a disaster.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Polar Bears
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:16:20 AM »
Last I heard the bears were drowning too, because the ice was melting.   ::unknowncomic::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
And Coke bought into that propaganda and starting bragging about how they were going to be spending some of their profits to fight global warming and "save" the polar bear.

Idiots.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:57:42 AM »
It won't be long before they'll have to switch their polar bear tactic, just like they switched from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change". Maybe after a few people get eaten by the fluffy cuties or crowded out of their villages by polar bears expanding their roaming territory, then they'll have to say that "Climate Change" is causing an "unnatural" expansion on the "Polar Bear Community".

Damn Co2 anyhoo. Whazzit good fer?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline robins111

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 10:02:09 AM »
When I was in the army, we used to train around Churchill Manitoba..  in the spring summer, the monstrous things would walk around town...   we kept our C-1s (FALs)  ready all the time...   when one was put down, it was quietly buried..   it happened several times over the years.  Polar bears have no natural enemies.. as such, they're as bold as a Jack Russell...  they'd even tackle an APC..

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 10:04:09 AM »
Shoot, shovel and shut up, 'eh?

We're moving in that direction for taking care of the zombies.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »
A few years back the Mrs. had an opportunity to take a couple year stint in Barrow Alaska to run the financial end of the hospital up there. We seriously considered it because the money was huge and the appeal of living at the ends of the earth in a harsh environment for a finite period of time seemed appealing to our sense of adventure.

But the polar bears... we watched a few videos of them lumbering around town, and decided that alongside the fact that it goes pitch-black for a full month, the polar bears were a deal-breaker.

Or maybe that was just an excuse to let the fantasy die, Idunno.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline robins111

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »
Another reason that the eco-tards won't admit as being a contributing factor in the bear population explosion is that the nutters have basically banned the commercial seal hunt.  There's literally millions of those sea rats around but the PETAs of the world snivel when we hunt them.   All because the white coats (baby seals) look cute.  Whilst I don't like the taste of seal, a parka and trousers made of hide is good for the high arctic..

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 11:14:46 AM »

This polar bear extends his thanks to the Coca-Cola Company. The seal was unavailable for comment.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 11:24:20 AM »
The damned things are thriving like never before!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline robins111

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
The amazing thing about these bears is just how effing huge they are...   I grew up in black bear country, and worked in grizzly country, but when you ever see a mature male white bear it boggles your mind.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 12:01:59 PM »
I remember some old show me and my father saw, some guys sled dog tied up outside got in the clutches of one big male, the dog being an Artic dog knew about polar bears, he just went limp resigned to his fate and the bear approached and just lowered his mouth and the entire dog's head & neck fit into his mouth...then the dog owner spooked the bear just short of too late.  That dog was never the same after that.  Damn bears are enormous.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 12:14:10 PM »
I read an article a few years ago about a hunter being prosecuted for illegally shooting a polar bear. What he in fact shot was a grizzly-polar hybrid, because it looked like a light colored grizzly and that's what his harvest tag was for.

The response was typical of bureaucrats: "It's no excuse that you failed to properly identify a heretofore-unknown-to-science hybrid, now pay this ridiculous fine or go to prison"

I wonder how common hybridization is between polar bears and grizzly bears, and are the offspring fertile?  And yes, you can rest assured that this rare hybrid was cited as an example of Global Warming (TM). Americans in their big SUVs are the reason grizzlies were wandering further north, you see.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 12:25:08 PM »
I read an article a few years ago about a hunter being prosecuted for illegally shooting a polar bear. What he in fact shot was a grizzly-polar hybrid, because it looked like a light colored grizzly and that's what his harvest tag was for.

The response was typical of bureaucrats: "It's no excuse that you failed to properly identify a heretofore-unknown-to-science hybrid, now pay this ridiculous fine or go to prison"

I saw the exact story in a documentary television program. Infuriating.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline robins111

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »
That hybrid was not that uncommon when your in reasonably Southern area of their range.   I spoke to an Arctic Ranger (Inuit) back in the 80s about this phenomenon and he said it happens.   Apparently the offspring can't take the temperature, and there is an issue with hibernation, grizzly do, white bears move in the winter... there's been studies about the differences in fat storage, but I haven't seen the findings.

Offline robins111

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »
In a news report today on the Canadian broadcasting, the royal Canadian mounted police advised that they have shot the second polar bear this year in Newfoundland.  Apparently due to excessive ice flows the animals are able to walk from Labrador to the island province.   The RCMP also advise the residents of the Bonavista area to always travel in pairs.  Apparently there's not enough eatin meat on one person to satisfy their hunger.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 11:25:24 AM »
In a news report today on the Canadian broadcasting, the royal Canadian mounted police advised that they have shot the second polar bear this year in Newfoundland.  Apparently due to excessive ice flows the animals are able to walk from Labrador to the island province.   The RCMP also advise the residents of the Bonavista area to always travel in pairs.  Apparently there's not enough eatin meat on one person to satisfy their hunger.

::hysterical::

Bear country, respect the bear, 'nuff said!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 11:25:56 AM »
One bear to another:  "Get two; they're small".

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 11:28:27 AM »
Pets on a leash...dessert!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »
You know how they train dogs to sniff cancer?

You know how we always compare Leftism to a cancer?

You know how bears eat people?

You know how they always say bears are smarter than dogs?

::thinking::

- Thomas Jefferson