Author Topic: "The Talk" - NonBlack Version  (Read 11877 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: "The Talk" - NonBlack Version
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:51 PM »

The whole piece is an excellent deconstruction, better said than any, it should be published.
Do you have a diary at RedState?

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »
Dennis Prager: America Is Still The Least Racist Nation In The World.

The left-wing drumbeat about America as racist is a combination of politics and black memory.

The political aspect is this: The Democrats and the left recognize that if blacks cease viewing themselves as victims of racism, the Democratic Party can no longer offer itself as black America's savior. And if only one out of three black Americans ceases to regard to himself as a victim of racism, and votes accordingly, it will be very difficult for Democrats to win any national election.

The other issue is black memory. Apparently, most blacks either cannot or refuse to believe that the vast majority of whites are no longer racist. Most Americans were hopeful that the election of a black president -- thereby making America the first white society in history to choose a black leader -- would finally put to rest the myth of a racist America. More than three years later it seems not to have accomplished a thing. I now suspect that if the president, the vice-president, the entire cabinet, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and all nine justices on the Supreme Court were black, it would have no impact on blacks who believe America is a racist society -- or on the left-wing depiction of America as racist.

One can only conclude that the smearing of America's good name is one of the things at which the left has been most proficient.

This is what I was attempting to point out in my follow up.

It's not enough.

It will never be enough.

These truths must be recognized. They must be shoved in everyone's face until they are recognized.

Slavery is over.

Civil rights abuses (against blacks) are over.

Deal with it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »

The whole piece is an excellent deconstruction, better said than any, it should be published.
Do you have a diary at RedState?

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot.
I agree with Charles - although I would add that in light of the indiscriminate way in which Leon Wolf has been banning people who try to engage in discussing this topic from any point of view but his, a new diary attempting to do anything but roundly heap derision on Derbyshire risks earning a banning.

But again I do agree with Charles. Your analysis of the situation is on par with the best I've seen on the web Trap, and raises some points not raised effectively elsewhere that I've seen.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 04:19:47 PM »
I agree with Charles - although I would add that in light of the indiscriminate way in which Leon Wolf has been banning people who try to engage in discussing this topic from any point of view but his, a new diary attempting to do anything but roundly heap derision on Derbyshire risks earning a banning.

But again I do agree with Charles. Your analysis of the situation is on par with the best I've seen on the web Trap, and raises some points not raised effectively elsewhere that I've seen.

And, again, thank you for the compliment.

I agree that there is no point in attempting to publish elsewhere what I have written here. But that's why I like what we have created here...a place for people to speak their minds free from the fear of PC intimidation.

I suppose it could be tweeted but it won't be by me since that is one of those social media things that I refuse to participate in. Personally, I would prefer that people come here to read our work rather than us being forced to publish in other venues.

More than a few of the contributors here are worthy of broader distribution.

EDIT: I suppose I could post it to the "Member's Diaries" category here, though.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »
Oh, there's most definitely a "nature" aspect to all this. It's like this, little old Europe all cold and wet sent out people who colonized the entire planet. Sub-Saharan Africa in a broad swath of tropical climate with year round growing seasons and sitting atop enormous mineral wealth is, in contrast, appreciably no different than it was 1000 years ago, once you peel away all the trappings of the foreigners. Why is that? And is it any coincidence that places like Haiti have turned out much the same?

You can find idiots and geniuses in any human population. Where each population's "center of mass" lies is what tells the story. That was the main thrust of The Bell Curve anyway.  The thing is, I think anyone with eyes, ears, and a functioning brain stem instinctively knows this to be true, and that is why people like the NRO editors are lashing out. It's all so much conspicuous polishing of their Reasonableness for all to see.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »
Actually, I think the editors of NRO (and others) are reacting the way that they are because they want to continue to be on the DC cocktail circuit. It is a matter of their pride and shame...both too big a component in the souls of these people. They lack the nerve and boldness that brought their predecessors into the light.

This is one of those times when the new media (that includes us) must step in and cover stories and issues that others refuse to cover.

EDIT: Just for fun...anecdotal proof that there is no shortage of extremely stupid non-blacks. I get the feeling that they don't read NRO, though.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:57:49 PM by trapeze »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »
EDIT: I suppose I could post it to the "Member's Diaries" category here, though.

please do
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 09:30:46 PM »
Okay, my final entry on this thread (because there isn't much else to say).

I am providing a link to an NRO piece on Derbyshire that includes comments.

So...if you want to let off some steam at the NRO people now you can.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »

It appears NRO is infested with navel gazing fools.
They are charter members at the Country Club,
aren't they?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 10:38:15 PM »

aren't they?

Further confirmation of the saying "None is so blind as he who refuses to see"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2012, 03:28:52 AM »

aren't they?

Further confirmation of the saying "None is so blind as he who refuses to see"

I must say that is so.

I've recounted here my experience with a gang of Black girls in High School, having been whipped like a rag-doll around the cafeteria.  Perhaps what I omitted was that all that following summer after graduation, I had to watch where I went in town and with whom.  A bunch of the same girls tried to drag me out of the backseat of my boyfriend's car, with another couple in attendance, while parked at a convenience store.

This was 1971.  Have "things" gotten better?  I don't think so, I will not put up with being called a racist for saying so, and I don't believe Derbyshire was wrong about thing one.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2012, 07:18:21 AM »
Dennis Prager: America Is Still The Least Racist Nation In The World.

The left-wing drumbeat about America as racist is a combination of politics and black memory.

The political aspect is this: The Democrats and the left recognize that if blacks cease viewing themselves as victims of racism, the Democratic Party can no longer offer itself as black America's savior. And if only one out of three black Americans ceases to regard to himself as a victim of racism, and votes accordingly, it will be very difficult for Democrats to win any national election.

The other issue is black memory. Apparently, most blacks either cannot or refuse to believe that the vast majority of whites are no longer racist. Most Americans were hopeful that the election of a black president -- thereby making America the first white society in history to choose a black leader -- would finally put to rest the myth of a racist America. More than three years later it seems not to have accomplished a thing. I now suspect that if the president, the vice-president, the entire cabinet, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and all nine justices on the Supreme Court were black, it would have no impact on blacks who believe America is a racist society -- or on the left-wing depiction of America as racist.

One can only conclude that the smearing of America's good name is one of the things at which the left has been most proficient.

This is what I was attempting to point out in my follow up.

It's not enough.

It will never be enough.

These truths must be recognized. They must be shoved in everyone's face until they are recognized.

Slavery is over.

Civil rights abuses (against blacks) are over.

Deal with it.

The above really sums it up Trap! 

For years it has been the erroneous acceptance as conventional wisdom that whites must bend over backwards to prove their sincerity in righting the wrongs done to blacks in days gone by.  But the white guilt trip only works on liberals, the same liberals who out the other side of their mouth are fond to condemn those who pass the guilt of their ancestors (or associates!) onto their descendants (or friends!) when it suits their purposes, the same people who fail to comprehend the understanding of King's desire to see a colorblind society.  But it is the black community and the racists elements in its institutions (CBC for example) and self-proclaimed leaders (like The Justice Bros, Farrakhan, Shabazz, etc) who are uninterested in a colorblind society because such a society would shut down their extortion rackets and cripple their influence in the "community" and in politics.  Until this "community" as a whole shows an interest in cleaning up their own house, I have little interest in caring about what happens to this "community" as a whole. 

I continue to take people one at a time and they sink or swim on their own merit and character, regardless of damn color!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2012, 09:04:01 AM »
But it is the black community and the racists elements in its institutions (CBC for example) and self-proclaimed leaders (like The Justice Bros, Farrakhan, Shabazz, etc) who are uninterested in a colorblind society because such a society would shut down their extortion rackets and cripple their influence in the "community" and in politics.

I had a test question about this:
11)  If someone invented a machine that would remove racism from society, which of the following would happen:

a)    The NAACP, Jesse Jackson and other Civil Rights groups would celebrate, have a party, and disband because they were no longer needed

b)   The test scores of Asians would drop to be in line with those of whites

c)    Civil  Rights groups would attempt to maintain their  power by  citing  statistical disparities caused by other non-discrimination related factors to prove  the machine did not work, and claim more entitlement programs were needed.

d)   More equality

Liberals didn't like it :>)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2012, 10:46:05 AM »
Yup, you can bet your bottom dollar the morons would jump to "c" faster than you can say "plantation"!

Offline Sally Brown

• Newb
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2012, 11:49:04 AM »
Actually, I think the editors of NRO (and others) are reacting the way that they are because they want to continue to be on the DC cocktail circuit. It is a matter of their pride and shame...both too big a component in the souls of these people. They lack the nerve and boldness that brought their predecessors into the light.

This is one of those times when the new media (that includes us) must step in and cover stories and issues that others refuse to cover.

EDIT: Just for fun...anecdotal proof that there is no shortage of extremely stupid non-blacks. I get the feeling that they don't read NRO, though.

They are not only terrified of losing their place on the DC cocktail circuit and appearing to be unsophisticated but they don't want to lose their Establishment Republican subsidized paycheck.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »

You,... you are saying they are beneficent of Country Club affirmative action?   
                                                                                                                     ::falldownshocked::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2012, 12:11:55 PM »
Actually, I think Sally might be quite right on that point!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2012, 12:25:29 PM »

Actually, I think Sally might                                                   

be quite right on that point!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »
Why is the rum gone?!

::speechless::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2012, 11:42:32 PM »
Okay, my final, final, final post (no kidding, I really mean it this time) on this thread...

Found an article on the DC where they got a reaction from Derbyshire about being terminated by NRO. And there is a running comment section after the article.

Hint: Wouldn't hurt if a few of our members went their and left bread crumbs back to our forum.