Author Topic: KI is MIA  (Read 5654 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
KI is MIA
« on: March 15, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/15/drug-stores-report-sudden-increase-potassium-iodide-sales/

If ya ain't got yours already, now is a lousy time to be looking!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: KI is MIA
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:39:26 PM »

Ah tink a couple of drops of iodine in a glass of water will do the trick.
Four unless I knew better.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:04:56 PM »
They've been in short supply for weeks now, don't know why.  I included them on my beprepared.com order and almost everything is on backorder.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 12:03:56 AM »
I'm all for everyone doing everything they want or feel they need to do to prepare. But a "run" on potassium iodide because of media frenzy surrounding Japan's nuclear power plant problem is just ridiculous. We are a nation of sheep. Bird Flu. Swine Flu. Toyota brakes. Now one of recorded history's most massive earthquakes devastates Japan, causes serious but so far localized damage to a nuclear plant, and our sheeple clean the drug stores out of potassium iodide.

Now how am I s'posed to get some???
 ::falldownshocked:: ::stirpot:: ::unknowncomic:: ::whatgives:: ::exitstageleft::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 12:13:33 AM »
We live within ten miles of a nuke power plant - KI's inclusion in my order is considered a run-of-the-mill prep thing for those within a certain radius.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:32:26 AM »
And that makes sense. But...

Stocking up on KI because of something happening an ocean away is ridiculous. That the SG suggests that it's a good idea makes me question her knowledge of basic science. That the MFM pushes this story beyond all logic, reason and common sense is typical of their feckless nature.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 12:56:03 AM »
We live within ten miles of a nuke power plant - KI's inclusion in my order is considered a run-of-the-mill prep thing for those within a certain radius.

I live less than 15 miles from one myself. I was serious when I said how am I s'posed to get some. But I was also commenting on people's reactive capacity. Sometimes people can be "made" to do the most ridiculous and illogical things en masse. A nationwide run on anti-nuke medicine because of an earthquake in Japan is just... illogical.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:25:29 AM »
And it's straight out of Alinsky.

Agitation. Keep the population in a perpetual state of unrest.

I really despise this administration. Clinton, by comparison, was merely a horse's ass. Toonces actively despises this country and its people.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 01:30:36 AM »
And that makes sense. But...

Stocking up on KI because of something happening an ocean away is ridiculous. That the SG suggests that it's a good idea makes me question her knowledge of basic science. That the MFM pushes this story beyond all logic, reason and common sense is typical of their feckless nature.

Just recently I saw a chart plotting the possible waves of radiation (in the same way the tsunami waves were charted), with time-spans,  to hit our west coast, so some of the hysteria may be coming from that postulate.  In any case, I agree; the panic is ridiculous and is, but of course, being flogged by the MSM - if it bleeds, it leads - and doomsday scenarios apply as well.

The SG is just another know-nothing, elevated to her present position as a poke-in-the-eye to regular Americans, courtesy of the Marxist in chief.  And that there is conflicting "advice" coming from this administration as to what constitutes a reasonable safety precaution is now normal.

eta:  Found it here:

Fortunately, the map is a hoax, according to the real Australian Radiation Services, which has put a disclaimer on its website letting readers know it had nothing to do with the map.

One of the giveaways is that the “rad” is an outdated unit of measurement and is no longer widely used, said Joe Young, managing director for the service.

Young doesn’t know who came up with the map.

"They’re just scaremongering for no real benefit to the community,” he said. “They should be trying to assess the situation, not make matters worse."

Other versions of the map attribute the information to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, said NRC spokesman David McIntyre. No matter where it allegedly comes from, there is no truth to it.

“Apparently, the doses listed there are rather sensational and would result in most of the population of the western United States being killed,” McIntyre told The Rumor Doctor.

However, the releases of radiation so far have been localized to Japan because the containment vessels that keep the molten radioactive material from reaching the outside world have remained intact — at least so far, McIntyre said.

“To talk about any radiation reaching the United States at all is highly speculative at this point,” he said.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 01:43:47 AM by Pandora »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 06:39:31 AM »
Yeah, sorry...didn't mean to extend the media hype into our corner of cyberspace...more of an alert that if you wanted some (for reasons other than media hype of the Japan situation) you had better have had it already, thanks to the panic the media caused.

I live about 25 miles due east of the nearest nuke plant, so I've had some KI on hand for quite a while.

If people think the reactors in Japan are leaking anything measureable to this continent...well...I guess they're easily agitated by just about anything.

This SG is a mental midget.  But, I guess that criteria covers just about every single appointee in this Regime, don't it?   ::)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 06:53:39 AM »
No worries, Libertas.  I believe no one here took it as an extension of the media hype, but as a reason to discuss it.

I should have gotten the KI for prep reasons a while ago, I just couldn't find any locally. 

And, get this, while our former Board of Commissioners (pre-November - proglodytes) recommended on the County website that everyone should have some (due to our power plant proximity), they had no idea it was almost impossible to get locally and had no idea where to get it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 08:06:05 AM »
Understood, just wanted to clarify I am not...well...not always...  ::foilhathelicopter::   ::hysterical::

Re: Board, yeah, that's government for ya!  And you would think somebody on that Board was bright enough to say "Hey, lets call the plant and ask them where we can get it?"  ::)

And if need be, plan B might still be available -

http://www.ki4u.com/plan_b.htm

;)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »
Do you guys want tme to try and track some through family contacts?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 03:05:29 PM »
No worries, Libertas.  I believe no one here took it as an extension of the media hype, but as a reason to discuss it.

I should have gotten the KI for prep reasons a while ago, I just couldn't find any locally. 

And, get this, while our former Board of Commissioners (pre-November - proglodytes) recommended on the County website that everyone should have some (due to our power plant proximity), they had no idea it was almost impossible to get locally and had no idea where to get it.

Don't you need a prescription?
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »
No.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 03:16:20 PM »
No.

well were all over the place do you want me to check down here?
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 03:19:34 PM »
No.

Sure, that would be very nice, thank you.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 04:02:45 PM »
No.

Sure, that would be very nice, thank you.

I'll start making call.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 04:41:15 PM »

Well, if it blows up before you get the pills, put 4 drops iodine in a glass of water and drink it.  Bing it for verification.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 05:37:20 PM »
It's prescription only in Florida acording to my local drug dealer.
 Filippo Mazzie