Author Topic: Obama Regime Doing An End-Around Congress & the Constitution Again!  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Funding ObamaCare by Executive Decree!

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/220475-white-house-has-diverted-500m-to-irs-to-implement-health-law

I want these fothermuckers arrested, tried, convicted and hung!!!

How much more of this sh*t can people take?  WTF is wrong with people?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Obama Regime Doing An End-Around Congress & the Constitution Again!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 11:51:26 AM »

They've been socialized all their life. 
They went to Lovie Day Care, Cuddly Elementary,
No Bully Junior, Dumb High, and graduated from Stupid U.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »

And then they breed and start the chain of degeneracy all over again!

::gaah::

I - can't - stand - it - no - more! ! !

::cussing::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:03 PM »

That's pretty good, CO; I like it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 07:43:30 PM »
Republican lawmakers have tried to cut off funding to implement the healthcare law, at least until after the Supreme Court decides whether to strike it down.

Because once these IRS weasels are hired, they'll be very difficult to get rid of.  Shades of post-Prohibition government employees that then needed something to do -- enter the BATF.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 07:24:06 AM »
Heh.

Hey, is that Nancy's?   ;D

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 07:48:04 PM »

Go full Popeye on that azz.

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 08:07:31 AM »

Go full Popeye on that azz.

Aye!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »
Here we go again, Obama issues executive order to place restrictions on natural gas and Congress will do nothing. When will somebody grow a set. ::cussing:: Hanging from a yard arm is top good for this MFPOS

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/04/13/executive-order-supporting-safe-and-responsible-development-unconvention

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
April 13, 2012
Executive Order -- Supporting Safe and Responsible Development of Unconventional Domestic Natural Gas Resources

EXECUTIVE ORDER

SUPPORTING SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE DEVELOPMENT OF UNCONVENTIONAL DOMESTIC NATURAL GAS RESOURCES

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to coordinate the efforts of Federal agencies responsible for overseeing the safe and responsible development of unconventional domestic natural gas resources and associated infrastructure and to help reduce our dependence on oil, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1.  Policy.  In 2011, natural gas provided 25 percent of the energy consumed in the United States.  Its production creates jobs and provides economic benefits to the entire domestic production supply chain, as well as to chemical and other manufacturers, who benefit from lower feedstock and energy costs.  By helping to power our transportation system, greater use of natural gas can also reduce our dependence on oil.  And with appropriate safeguards, natural gas can provide a cleaner source of energy than other fossil fuels.

For these reasons, it is vital that we take full advantage of our natural gas resources, while giving American families and communities confidence that natural and cultural resources, air and water quality, and public health and safety will not be compromised.

While natural gas production is carried out by private firms, and States are the primary regulators of onshore oil and gas activities, the Federal Government has an important role to play by regulating oil and gas activities on public and Indian trust lands, encouraging greater use of natural gas in transportation, supporting research and development aimed at improving the safety of natural gas development and transportation activities, and setting sensible, cost-effective public health and environmental standards to implement Federal law and augment State safeguards.

Because efforts to promote safe, responsible, and efficient development of unconventional domestic natural gas resources are underway at a number of executive departments and agencies (agencies), close interagency coordination is important for effective implementation of these programs and activities.  To formalize and promote ongoing interagency coordination, this order establishes a high-level, interagency working group that will facilitate coordinated Administration policy efforts to support safe and responsible unconventional domestic natural gas development.

Sec. 2.  Interagency Working Group to Support Safe and Responsible Development of Unconventional Domestic Natural Gas Resources.  There is established an Interagency Working Group to Support Safe and Responsible Development of Unconventional Domestic Natural Gas Resources (Working Group), to be chaired by the Director of the Domestic Policy Council, or a designated representative.

(a)  Membership.  In addition to the Chair, the Working Group shall include deputy-level representatives or equivalent officials, designated by the head of the respective agency or office, from:

(i) the Department of Defense;

(ii) the Department of the Interior;

(iii) the Department of Agriculture;

(iv) the Department of Commerce;

(v) the Department of Health and Human Services;

(vi) the Department of Transportation;

(vii) the Department of Energy;

(viii) the Department of Homeland Security;

(ix) the Environmental Protection Agency;

(x) the Council on Environmental Quality;

(xi) the Office of Science and Technology Policy;

(xii) the Office of Management and Budget;

(xiii) the National Economic Council; and

(xiv) such other agencies or offices as the Chair may invite to participate.

(b)  Functions.  Consistent with the authorities and responsibilities of participating agencies and offices, the Working Group shall support the safe and responsible production of domestic unconventional natural gas by performing the following functions:

(i) coordinate agency policy activities, ensuring their efficient and effective operation and facilitating cooperation among agencies, as appropriate;

(ii) coordinate among agencies the sharing of scientific, environmental, and related technical and economic information;

(iii) engage in long-term planning and ensure coordination among the appropriate Federal entities with respect to such issues as research, natural resource assessment, and the development of infrastructure;?
(iv) promote interagency communication with stakeholders; and

(v) consult with other agencies and offices as appropriate.

Sec. 3.  General Provisions.  (a)  This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(b)  Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i)   the authority granted by law to an executive department, agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii)  the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(c)  This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,
          April 13, 2012.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »

Is it possible for a following President rescind a previous President's executive
order by executive order?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 10:14:33 AM »
Yes.

And I want Romney to have writer's cramp by the second day in office.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 11:27:14 AM »
Yes.

And I want Romney to have writer's cramp by the second day in office.

Now now. You wouldn't want him to appear rash, would you? Karl Rove might not look favorably on him, and he might not be able to garner the consensus he needs in the Republican caucus.
/
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Latest Executive Order
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/21/executive-order-13547-the-sleeping-power-grab/

The gist of this executive order is just another environmentalist front for a regulatory power grab, and a major way to expand the government’s authority over oil and gas permitting. No doubt the environmental lobby really does hope to eventually closely regulate all of the ocean’s economic activity, since they’re convinced that the earth (not to be confused with humankind) would be better off if we could rewind our industrial habits back a few thousand years.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Latest Executive Order
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
Grrrrrr.

Merging with thread with previous post on this issue ....

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »
Bah, sorry Pan. Missed it. Should have posted it in the right place.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 11:58:58 AM »
Please.  It's not as though we all haven't done it, BMG.

Besides, the "housekeeping" appeals to my slightly overwrought sense of organization.  (And out of Gunsmith's hair).

;D

Oh, and the "Grrrr" wasn't meant for you, it is for the subject at hand.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:52:50 PM by Pandora »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »
As your President, I would issue an E.O. that repeals all laws that aren't within the spirit of the Constitution of the United States. The second order would be to declare the entire presidency of Barack Obama II(a list of aliases) to be that of an illegal usurper thus illegal. All members in Congress at the time he was sworn in and Federal Judges that allowed it to happen will be immediately prosecuted for conspiracy to commit both fraud and treason against the Constitution ratified by the several states. There would be many details that would follow but you get the feeling of where this is heading.

I'd love to watch the alphabet networks spin this important step to restore both liberty and the rule of law to the nation.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »
Their heads would explode.

That'd be one way to get rid of 'em ....

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 03:07:57 PM »
Well, this EO was signed in 2010.  Wonder how we missed it, y'all.   ::saywhat::

President Barack Obama has an ambitious plan for Washington bureaucrats to take command of the oceans—and with it control over much of the nation’s energy, fisheries, even recreation in a move described by lawmakers as the ultimate power grab to zone the seas.

The massive undertaking also includes control over key inland waterways and rivers that reach hundreds of miles upstream, and began with little fanfare when Obama signed an executive order in 2010 to protect the aquatic environment.

... Nancy Sutley, chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) and co-chair of the newly created National Ocean Council in charge of the new policy, said the plan “has been mischaracterized as ‘ocean zoning.’”

“The National Ocean Policy does not create any new regulations,” added Jane Lubchenco, undersecretary of Commerce for oceans and atmosphere. “It is a planning process, it’s not zoning.”

Calls to CEQ, which oversees the policy, were not returned.

However, critics point to an Interior Department memo that says the plan “has emerged as a new paradigm and planning strategy for coordinating all marine and coastal activities and facility constructions within the context of a national zoning plan.”

Additionally, former Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Thad Allen, a member of the Ocean Policy Task Force, told OnEarth Magazine in May, 2010, the plan is “basically taking the notion of urban planning and putting it into the water column, as well as the estuary systems that connect it to everything that impacts ocean ecosystems.”

Rep. Don Young (R–Alaska) explained the new bureaucracy to his constituents during an April 3 Alaska field hearing as “a complicated bureaucratic scheme which includes a 27-member national ocean council; an 18-member governance coordinating committee; 10 national policies; nine regional planning bodies—each involving as many as 27 federal agencies as well as states and tribes; nine national priority objectives; nine strategic action plans; seven national goals for coastal marine spatial planning; and 12 guiding principles for coastal marine spatial planning.”

“Are you confused yet?” Young asked the crowd.

“The administration claims that this whole National Ocean Policy is nothing more than an attempt to coordinate federal agencies and make better permitting decisions,” Young said. “Forgive me if I am a little suspicious when the federal government—through an executive order—decides to create a new bureaucracy that will ‘help’ us plan where activities can or cannot take place in our waters and inland.”

::overkill::