Welcome Visitors & New Members > Newbie Central - Introduce Yourself!

The Awakening of a Sleeping Conservative

(1/3) > >>

21stCenturyThinker:
I'd like to introduce myself to members of the forum. My screen name, "21stCenturyThinker" is not meant to imply that I'm some sort of modern philosopher. More to imply that I've lived my political life on auto-pilot as I made my way through my Army career and raised my family. It's time for me to think, to wake up and become a part of the discussion. Simply voting Republican every four years is no longer enough, given the attacks on liberty that we are now sustaining. Attacks launched by our own President.

How did I get to this site? A friend sent me an e-mail with a reference to President Obama's answer to high gasoline prices: "buy a hybrid". I hardly believed it could be true that a sitting President could show that level of contempt to an American. And get away with it. The first I heard of the remark was this morning, a full year after the event. I know I've been asleep, but I didn't think I was dead- how did I miss the equivalent of Marie Antionette's "let them eat cake" (remember, she had her head cut off for that one)? How could our supreme commander get away with something like that?

So I realize now that I was part of the problem. I also realize that I don't have to change everything myself and that it's OK just to be a part of the ground swell movement that will hopefully win back our government and protect our civil rights. I have lived in a lot of places during my Army career. Europe, Middle East, Far East, South Pacific... I know that we Americans still have far greater freedom than any other nation. But we are in danger of giving it all away. I am convinced that the liberals are trying to sell us all into servitude. There are no rights without responsibility and the left would give up all our rights (not just their own!) to relieve themselves of all responsibility. We can't allow that. We all need to stand up together and yell (figuratively, for now) that we are not going to accept a monarchy in the place of democracy, serfdom in the place of freedom, slavery instead of personal responsibility.

Add my voice to the shout of my brothers and sisters in liberty.

IronDioPriest:
Welcome to the forum 21CT. Dive in anywhere, and let us know if we can offer any assistance.

Libertas:
Welcome aboard 21CT, another ally in the fight against tyranny is always welcome!

::USA::

charlesoakwood:

Welcome, 21stCenturyThinker, you'll find no autopilots here.
You will find a fount of fresh information and firm opinions we
look forward to your input and participation.

21stCenturyThinker:
Thanks to you all for the welcome. I hope you can help me find my way a little bit. Like a man who just woke up from a long sleep, I'm not sure what's next. What does an active Republican do these days? I went to the caucuses last month and got elected Precinct Chairman. I want to be a good one. I'm hoping "It's About Liberty" will help educate me about what my fellow Republicans are concerned about. Any advice?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version