Author Topic: "Nigger", who said that?  (Read 4971 times)

charlesoakwood

"Nigger", who said that?
« on: April 09, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »

CNN's Don Lemon: 'N--ger' Should Replace 'N-word' in News Reports

As NewsBusters reported earlier, CNN national correspondent Susan Candiotti said "f--king n--ger" on the air Easter Sunday.

Less than 24 hours earlier, CNN's Don Lemon advocated "n--ger" be used during news reports rather than the more politically correct "N-word" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

Video at link

Don't Call Me Nigga, Whitey - Sly & The Family Stone

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: "Nigger", who said that?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 12:52:03 PM »
I'd be in favor of that. The "N-word" crap just serves to foster division, especially when Black scumbags call one another "Nigga", and any White who dares is held out to be a racist.

We have one language. The words contained in it are either OK for all to use, or OK for none. Code substitutes still invoke the word itself, so what's the point, except to keep the division going?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:56:14 PM »
Musta been a slow news day on CNN.

Who knows what CNN's objective is regarding the use of a racially insensitive word(s).......by anyone of any color.

But in principle, in regards to reporting a story, I approve. I'm not in grade school, I understand the context regarding a story when it isn't being used as a racial slur.

Now, lemon and candiotti are jackasses ( may I use this term without race being considered?). Who knows there intentions, I'm hoping they next tackle the word crac*er.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »
I object to this whole use of euphemism to absurd lengths. In the context of reading a transcript, or repeating what someone else said for the record, or use in an academic sense, it should not cause such uproar. Those who violently react to its utterance in those circumstances are basically acknowledging that they are either unable to discern the difference between a deliberate insult and a simple conveyance of factual information, or that they do recognize the difference and are simply using the "volatility" as an excuse to behave in such a manner that might warrant actual use of the word in question. Either of these possibilities reflects poorly on the "offended" party.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 03:03:37 PM »
We have one language. The words contained in it are either OK for all to use, or OK for none. Code substitutes still invoke the word itself, so what's the point, except to keep the division going?

Fundamentally  they do it because liberals can't understand language. The Word IS the THING, not a symbol for it. Their primitive caveman brains believe that language controls reality, rather than being a shorthand to describing it. If you ever read George Lakoff's books  this becomes very apparent.  For them its all about "framing" -A "frame" is basically a set of underlying assumptions.  If they use the right "frame", reality will follow. Peta and the Seakittens is may favorite example. The frame is that fish are cute, like kittens. If you accept that, you will not longer eat fish, because it would be like eating a kitten. No. I didn't make that up. Follow the link.

Forbidden words that show group-membership  have been around a long time -  Jehovah being one of the most famous

Stoning

N-gger is used much the same way - and with about as much hypocrisy as you see in the clip.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »

Monty Python gets better every time.

... and in the vein of tongue tripping

Fawlty Towers - Don't mention the war.mpg

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 05:22:52 PM »
Wait - we're not supposed to eat kittens?  ::whatgives::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »
I think that the niggardly use of certain nouns is fundamentally confusing to those who speak the King's English.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:56 PM »
I think that the niggardly use of certain nouns is fundamentally confusing to those who speak the King's English.

Yeah, but those of illiberal intent may not speak the Kings english.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:48:08 PM by Predator Don »
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 07:19:48 PM »
Moving to Media.   :-*
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sally Brown

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
This is an interesting subject and one that I've been thinking about a lot lately.

As IDP said, it's just language and words.  Some are bad and most of us TRY not to use them much or at all but I personally think that the F word is much worse than Nigger. 

I would NEVER call anyone a Nigger nor would I call anyone the vile things that come out of that Black Panther's mouth but he says those horrible things with absolute impunity. 

In other words, it's obviously OK for Blacks to say anything at all about whites--or lefties to say anything about Conservatives--but never, never, ever say Nigger.  Even though Blacks seem to like that word a lot when speaking to each other about each other. 

It's got to stop.  It won't but it must.  Somehow.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 08:14:39 PM »
Barbara Billingsly speaks jive
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »
Barbara Billingsly speaks jive

Aint got no brains anyhow
..............Says a lot does it not.  ::thinking::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 05:08:41 AM »
All of the fuss was over the use of the word "nigger" . I guess "fvcking" was okay . Way to go , CNN !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 07:17:18 AM »
All of the fuss was over the use of the word "nigger" . I guess "fvcking" was okay . Way to go , CNN !

I'm looking forward to CNN offering Obama's (Cough!) Spiritual (Cough!) Advisor an hour long program to enlighten the nation with calm, reasoned, productive and uniting rhetoric.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rev-wright-unleashes-new-racially-charged-sermons-justice-clarence-thomas-is-worshipping-some-other-god/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »
In case you were worried, "Honky" and "Cracker" are still socialably acceptable. ::unknowncomic::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 07:53:55 PM »
In case you were worried, "Honky" and "Cracker" are still socialably acceptable. ::unknowncomic::

So is Paleface.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 06:57:36 AM »

So is Paleface.

How about Kemosabe?

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:52 AM »

So is Paleface.

How about Kemosabe?

... and his faithful Indian Life Companion ?  ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 07:03:21 AM »

So is Paleface.

How about Kemosabe?

... and his faithful Indian Life Companion ?  ;D

Tonto!  Sadly, Jay Silverheels passed away quite a while ago...

Hmmm, "life companion"?  Whatchu sayin' SH?  Teepee doors open back & front?!   ::speechless::