Author Topic: Anybody catch the Masters coverage this weekend?  (Read 1369 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Anybody catch the Masters coverage this weekend?
« on: April 09, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »
The charge Mickelson mase Saturday was good, the triple bogey yesterday on a Par 3 not so good, and ruined an otherwise solid chance at another green jacket.  The jockeying around the leaderboard was interesting, always a good handful of players in the hunt until the second to last group (Louie & Bubba) wrapped up.  When Oosthuisen hit that Albatross I thought Holy Cow, this guy is on fire and gonna roll to victory.  But Bubba kept fighting and made some awesome shots to tie Louie and the playoff was good, tied on 18 and Bubba had a shot to wrap it up but just missed his putt.  Number 10 was unreal, Bubba goes out wide one way and Louie trying to play it safe goes the other side.  Louie actually had a better angle to the pin but that shot out of the pines with a lofted iron for 150 yeards and 40-50 yards of curl on it was unreal.  And all he had to do was two-putt for the jacket.  Fun tournament this year!  Louie is a passionate guy, good chap, family man & Christian and I was pulling for him.

Can't wait to see what happens at the US Open - San Francisco's Olympic Club (June 14-17), The British Open - Royal Lytham & St. Annes (July 19-22) & PGA - Kiawah Island, S.C. (Aug. 9-12) "Oceans Course" for the first time.

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Anybody catch the Masters coverage this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »
The charge Mickelson mase Saturday was good, the triple bogey yesterday on a Par 3 not so good, and ruined an otherwise solid chance at another green jacket.  The jockeying around the leaderboard was interesting, always a good handful of players in the hunt until the second to last group (Louie & Bubba) wrapped up.  When Oosthuisen hit that Albatross I thought Holy Cow, this guy is on fire and gonna roll to victory.  But Bubba kept fighting and made some awesome shots to tie Louie and the playoff was good, tied on 18 and Bubba had a shot to wrap it up but just missed his putt.  Number 10 was unreal, Bubba goes out wide one way and Louie trying to play it safe goes the other side.  Louie actually had a better angle to the pin but that shot out of the pines with a lofted iron for 150 yeards and 40-50 yards of curl on it was unreal.  And all he had to do was two-putt for the jacket.  Fun tournament this year!  Louie is a passionate guy, good chap, family man & Christian and I was pulling for him.

Can't wait to see what happens at the US Open - San Francisco's Olympic Club (June 14-17), The British Open - Royal Lytham & St. Annes (July 19-22) & PGA - Kiawah Island, S.C. (Aug. 9-12) "Oceans Course" for the first time.

::whoohoo::

Bubba can hit the ball a long way. And self taught, never a lesson. I believe Bubba is also a good family man and christian. I missed the Mickelson triple bogey. He played great except the triple.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 08:38:56 PM »
I just caught the tail end of the playoff when Bubba made that awesome shot from the pine straw to win the playoff. I was then moved as they presented him the green jacket and he thanked his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I wanted Phil when the day began but now I am very glad Bubba won.

1:44 mark

Bubba Watson wins 2012 Masters

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:45:21 AM »
That shot off the pine straw was unreal.  I like Bubba, I was rooting for him to have a good Master's before this thing started, and I was pleasantly surprised to see him pull it off.

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.