Author Topic: Brazil  (Read 1830 times)

charlesoakwood

Brazil
« on: April 10, 2012, 10:00:04 PM »

Remember Obama  lending Brazil $2 billion to bolster it's oil drilling?
Then he came out and said he wanted the US to be Brazil's best customer for oil.

Well it appears we have another illustration of central planning gone awry.
Today's Washington Times says, [blockquote]"China gets jump on U.S. for Brazil’s oil"
"The United States wants it, but China is getting it.

Less than a month after President Obama visited Brazil in March to make a pitch for oil, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff was off to Beijing to sign oil contracts with two huge state-owned Chinese companies."[/blockquote]
So long sad times
Go along bad times
We are rid of you at last
Howdy gay times
Cloudy gray times
You are now a thing of the past
Happy days are here again

The skies above are clear again
so let's sing a song of cheer again

Only 208 days remaining.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Re: Brazil
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:18:27 PM »
Only 208 days remaining.

I'm not sure I'll have any hiar left by then.   ::gaah::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:20:31 PM »

Remember Obama  lending Brazil $2 billion to bolster it's oil drilling?
Then he came out and said he wanted the US to be Brazil's best customer for oil.

Well it appears we have another illustration of central planning gone awry.
Today's Washington Times says, [blockquote]"China gets jump on U.S. for Brazil’s oil"
"The United States wants it, but China is getting it.

Less than a month after President Obama visited Brazil in March to make a pitch for oil, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff was off to Beijing to sign oil contracts with two huge state-owned Chinese companies."[/blockquote]
So long sad times
Go along bad times
We are rid of you at last
Howdy gay times
Cloudy gray times
You are now a thing of the past

The skies above are clear again
so let's sing a song of cheer again

Only 208 days remaining.

You're giving me a case of swivel-headache, Charles.  Didn't you just recently say elsewhere he's going to be re-elected, now you're counting the days remaining?   ::confused::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:04:41 AM »

Happy Days may be mocking the Brazilian events or a dirge lamenting them.

The election will be in 208 days and I am becoming queasy about it. 
That "the fix is in" it's all make believe Kabuki feeling.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 12:24:12 AM »

Happy Days may be mocking the Brazilian events or a dirge lamenting them.

The election will be in 208 days and I am becoming queasy about it. 
That "the fix is in" it's all make believe Kabuki feeling.

Then it pays to make the most of the time left.  If Kabuki it is, they cannot be allowed to win, whether enough of the population has pegged their fortunes to the Looters or the fix is in.  I won't live on my knees or at their disposal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 07:45:02 AM »
Only 208 days remaining.

Indeed, but to what?

Option 1 - A postponement of Reckoning Day - Romney defeats Obama, Obama actually leaves and we have 4 years of moderate leadership and limited success in rolling back both the real damage done by the Boy Tyrant and his minions and in reducing the size and impact of government...only to face this contest again in 2016 when Hillary is the DemonRat nominee.

Option 2 - Reckoning Day timetable is advanced - Either Romney wins and Obama refuses to relinquish power or Obama wins and refuses to relinquish power 4 years later...OK, it's game time either way in a short timeframe.

Option 3 - Reckoning Day is here - Obama doesn't wait for the election, may even cancel it and declares a state of emergency - time to get some!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 08:58:37 AM »
Only 208 days remaining.

Indeed, but to what?

Option 1 - A postponement of Reckoning Day - Romney defeats Obama, Obama actually leaves and we have 4 years of moderate leadership and limited success in rolling back both the real damage done by the Boy Tyrant and his minions and in reducing the size and impact of government...only to face this contest again in 2016 when Hillary is the DemonRat nominee.

Option 2 - Reckoning Day timetable is advanced - Either Romney wins and Obama refuses to relinquish power or Obama wins and refuses to relinquish power 4 years later...OK, it's game time either way in a short timeframe.

Option 3 - Reckoning Day is here - Obama doesn't wait for the election, may even cancel it and declares a state of emergency - time to get some!

Yeah, I still don't he has the guts to do it. Besides, it would please us way too much, and he hates pleasing bitter-clinger haters like us.  I think he is perfectly happy standing down and heading for the lifeboat- he has successfully steered us into the iceburg, the first compartment is filling, and it is now inevitable the ship will go down.   Now its just a matter of timing. CO may be right, and the fix may be in.  I don't see that as a bad thing. Let Obama's name live in infamy as the man on watch when the country went down. No new person at the helm can save her now, just bail water and buy time - and most of the entitlement class  will fight the attempt to bail the water.  There will not be a 2016 election in any case. There is no way she stays afloat that long loaded with the ever increasing debt.

We all know the turmoil is coming, and none of us can really see how it plays out, but the demise of the  Old Republic is already a foregone conclusion

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »
Option 1 - A postponement of Reckoning Day - Romney defeats Obama, Obama actually leaves and we have 4 years of moderate leadership and limited success in rolling back both the real damage done by the Boy Tyrant and his minions

I don't look for Mittens to do squat, unless FORCED into action by a conservative majority in both the house and senate.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 10:02:04 AM »

I don't look for Mittens to do squat, unless FORCED into action by a conservative majority in both the house and senate.

Mittens is a mystery man,  he's tough but with no convictions, we'll have to elect him before we
find out what's in him.

Yeah, I still don't he has the guts to do it.

He doesn't but his handlers do, he'll just stick out his jaw and pretend he won.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 10:51:51 AM »
All good points, I remain highly skeptical the abyss can be avoided, but I know I'm not the only one to go down without a fight no matter when the fight comes, so, I'll keep doin' what I'm doin' and trust in the Almighty that His Will be done!

ETA - Sorry to divert your post CO!  The oil issue and losing out to the ChiCom's once again is yet another black mark on this disastrous regime!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

I think it diverted itself.
If one wants to make a point don't put a divergent tag on it.

He's so stupid, she was already in bed with them, he gives her
two billion for a one night stand and she goes back to her sugar
daddy.  But hey, Brazil was fun and it's not like it was his money.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »

I think it diverted itself.
If one wants to make a point don't put a divergent tag on it.

He's so stupid, she was already in bed with them, he gives her
two billion for a one night stand and she goes back to her sugar
daddy.  But hey, Brazil was fun and it's not like it was his money.

Yeah, that's a lefties opinion all the way, man, I cannot crush that destructively ignorant mindset fast enough or hard enough!