Author Topic: Suicide in the Face of Death vs. Fighting to Live  (Read 16382 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Suicide in the Face of Death vs. Fighting to Live
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
Glock, I never said I wouldn't vote.
I always vote
I will vote 3rd party (unless I walk in to the booth and vote just this last time for the RINO)

If/when Romney loses and we last until 2016, is that the time to take a stand?
Or 2020?

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »
While reading it, I found myself questioning my stated plan to never vote for Romney.
For a short while, I changed my mind.
The article was that good and compelling.

After considering it more, I don't feel the Republican party can be saved or should be.
If we take the Senate, for example, we get McConnell. We'll continue to have Boner even though there are a few attempts to replace him.

SCOTUS? Harriet Meirs, anyone?Anthony Kennedy?

At what point, do we say no more McCain, Dole, Bush1, or compassionate conservative George W?

Liberty is lost.
The American people have no idea about freedom.

NDAA is a Republican law as well as the Patriot Act, Homeland Security...
We are done.

Although I say often that I am voting 3rd party, there is at least a 50-50 chance I will pull the lever for Romney in November while throwing up in my mouth.

Not sure O will lose.
Mitt is the wrong candidate.
Even if we didn't care about principle and just wanted a Pub

This states my feelings exactly. The Lib lite (GOP) has NEVER done anything to make government smaller. I'm not sure if I'm ready for 4 more years  of "maybe". I'm old and I'm tired of seeing our rights and freedom slipping away. I leaning towards go ahead and lets get the dance over with.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:59 PM »
Even with Romney I think the dance is coming pretty fast, economic conditions are so poor I doubt even a reincarnated Ronald Reagan could right this doomed ship in just 4 years, and I seriously doubt if Romney wins he'll have more than 4 years!  The nation is so polarized and so full of complete morons, I think the point of no return had passed as soon as Duh Wun was elected in 2008!  There is little to do but cross days of the calendar IMO.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 09:31:52 AM »
I always vote
I will vote 3rd party (unless I walk in to the booth and vote just this last time for the RINO)

Or 2020?

I don't disagree with anything you say here.  I wasn't calling out anyone, so much as calling out the tendency we all have to say "screw this".  I've been very strident about my desire to punish the GOP establishment as well.

When is the time to take a stand?  I think that's more of a past tense question now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 10:24:07 AM »
The piece at RedState is finally on the recommend list. A few more recommends would ensure that it stays there for a while. And always, not for my own aggrandizement, but for the hope that people will indulge the crosspost and wind up here.

http://www.redstate.com/irondiopriest/2012/04/11/suicide-in-the-face-of-death-vs-fighting-to-live/
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 11:00:05 AM »
I wish you could recommend without a Facebook account. I know at one time they had their own internal recommendation function, because I had recommended crossposts before.

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »
I wish you could recommend without a Facebook account. I know at one time they had their own internal recommendation function, because I had recommended crossposts before.

I believe you can Glock. You can create a redstate account, just like you would anywhere - username + password. Then the when you login to it, a "recommend" button appears in the title bar of the diary. That button is a little glitchy - sometimes you have to click it twice, or reload the page to see your recommend. But I know it works, because someone just told me this morning that they created an account and recommended the piece.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »

Yeah, registering there is just about the same as here.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 11:49:40 AM »
Cool, I completely overlooked the login at the top. It's near the top of the recommended list now.

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 11:50:36 AM »
Recommended.
Glock, I didn't take offense.
Just clarifying

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »
I always vote

Or 2020?

I don't disagree with anything you say here.  I wasn't calling out anyone, so much as calling out the tendency we all have to say "screw this".  I've been very strident about my desire to punish the GOP establishment as well.

When is the time to take a stand?  I think that's more of a past tense question now.

The punishment will come into play in Federal congressional races and state/local races...might not be able to put the genie back in the bottle, but I can at least get a head start on the punishment phase!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 12:30:18 PM »

You got it. It starts at the precinct and up. I'm definitely sending DeMint'
( http://senateconservatives.com/ ) and when I identify his counterpart
in the House, he's getting some too.

Congress can force Romney and bolster the Right, that's a certainty.

Bye bye Mitch, bye bye Boener too, I think we're gonna say bye, I think we're gonna say bye bye.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 01:40:37 PM »
How though? The GOP gave Boehner the speakership because he had seniority. Who's going to lead the revolt to put someone else in that position? We sent near-historic numbers of new Republicans up there in 2010, many of them Tea Party types, and nothing of consequence has happened.

The only way I see us being rid of Boo Hoo Boehner is if the people in his district primary his ass out.

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 01:47:12 PM »

Supporting Boehner's opponent in the primary is a step.
Supporting all Tea Party candidates is another step.

There are not enough Tea Party members of the House or Senate
to control the vote. And sadly, half of those we elect will be turned.
So it is an imperative to support the election of these folks as best
one can.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 01:48:27 PM »
I always vote

Or 2020?

Right Scoop
Thank you, though, for being loyal to the cause. What’s our cause? Our cause, at this point, is undoing what Obama has done, is doing to this country. We’ve gotta do what we’ve gotta do and we’ve gotta put up with some stuff evidently that maybe would not be our first choice or our desire to put up with. But we have to do it in order to stay loyal to this mission…
_ _ _Sarah Palin

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »
Yeah, dunno about cleaning House at the top, but making the flames lick their behinds more vigorously ought to be pursued as best we can.

I mean, besides loading up on lead, PM's & food and fortifying the bunker, what the hell else am I supposed to do with my time?