Author Topic: Trailer: World War Z (and others)  (Read 878 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Trailer: World War Z (and others)
« on: April 14, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »
Just guessing but this is probably what a lot of people wanted "The Walking Dead" to have been...

And to continue down the road of "horror" I give you the trailer for "Aquaman"

and then this:

And then a different take on TEOTWAWKI:

Hasbro toys continues to make buckets of money but licensing their stuff. This one is interesting for a couple of reasons. First they have a POTUS that looks a lot like Ron Paul and appears to be a bad guy. Second, it has Bruce Willis...

Like "Family Guy?" Like lots of bad language, sex themed jokes and bizarre CGI? Think Mark Wahlberg is funny? Gotcha covered:

This sounds better than this first trailer. Expect a better trailer coming out soon. Neighborhood watch guys discover alien plot to destroy Earth...

And supposedly the sequel to The Expendables which was going to be PG13 is now going to be rated R. That may not make it a better film but who knows?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:35:54 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Trailer: World War Z (and others)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »
In that "World War Z" trailer at :44, right after the British female voice over says, "It was happening in small villages" there is a glimpse of the movie "28 Weeks Later", the sequel to "28 Days Later". So apparently "World War Z" is the third installment of this so-far excellent (IMO) franchise. Interesting to see Brad Pitt in a zombie flick. I wonder if it's a leading role or a cameo.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 01:38:15 PM »
Oh, hey...found the "appropriate audience" trailer for Ted:

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »
Yea we alreadt got WWZ, democrats are about as hard to overcome as zombies, one might argue they are already feeding on us!

::cussing::

Aquaman looks interesting, but I'm a sucker for a good sea story.  Seeking a Freind looks different, not sure about Ted, that just looks weird as heck.  GI Joe looks like a good bazooka flick, Neighborhood Watch I'll need to learn more, am I the only one who didn't get zip off that trailer?  The Expendables II trailer was hilarious.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:40:38 PM »
My sons inform me that the WWZ trailer is a fake.

Being that they're teenagers and therefore in a better position to be in touch with such trivialities, I have to consider them correct until I know otherwise.

It WOULD explain my earlier upthread reference to the clips in the trailer from the "28" movies, since my sons also inform me that WWZ is a book, unrelated to the "28" movies.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:44:10 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 01:08:55 PM »
Makes sense, kids are probably more on top of pop-culture trivia than us old farts!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.