Author Topic: Republican's Beer of Choice?  (Read 3678 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Republican's Beer of Choice?
« on: April 12, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »
Uhh huh...yeah, right.  I think the E-GOP/Ruling Class/RINO types are metrosexualizing these results!

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/11/data-set-of-the-day-republicans-beer-of-choice-is-michelob-ultra/

Pansies!

::)

Sam Adams for everyone for God's sake!

::beertoast::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Republican's Beer of Choice?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 08:55:18 AM »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 09:13:13 AM »
Shiner Bock.

Shiner Blonde.

Made only in Texas. By Texans. In bottles. Since 1909.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 11:20:05 AM »
I'm not really a beer connoisseur. I don't drink very often, and I'm not too picky when I do. It's usually, "Wanna beer?" "Sure." I probably drink between 12 and 24 beers a year.

When I do have occasion to buy beer, my go-to is Mich-Golden-Light, or Fat Tire ale. Sometime's I'll get Lienies or a Sam Adams if I'm looking for variety. Never had a Michelob Ultra. Doubt I ever will, especially now that I know it is favored by milquetoast republicans.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 12:38:57 PM »
Miller Genuine Draft
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 01:19:42 PM »
I was perfectly okay with Miller products until they started to support illegal immigration and other unsavory things.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »
I was perfectly okay with Miller products until they started to support illegal immigration and other unsavory things.

Yeah, especially those other unsavory things!   ::speechless:: 

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 05:52:01 PM »

()(&^^R%%^$##$E$^&*&%^$%R J&***^%$$%^&**((&^%$%^&*()(P)__O(*@!!T%&^&*^T%^U

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »
I understand, if you translate that it could set a new tone high!

::rolllaughing::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »
I'm not really a beer connoisseur. I don't drink very often, and I'm not too picky when I do. It's usually, "Wanna beer?" "Sure." I probably drink between 12 and 24 beers a year.

When I do have occasion to buy beer, my go-to is Mich-Golden-Light, or Fat Tire ale. Sometime's I'll get Lienies or a Sam Adams if I'm looking for variety. Never had a Michelob Ultra. Doubt I ever will, especially now that I know it is favored by milquetoast republicans.

I tell ya that list is getting loooong.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 01:12:07 AM »
Depends on my mood. Mostly I drink domestic, anything but a budweiser product (they make me sick ::puke::). I do enjoy a Sam Adams or a Heinie occasionally.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »
Not sensing a real Minnesotan vibe in this thread...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 11:46:43 AM »
I'm kind of a Becks man. Really depends on the mood. There's continental pilsners, then British ales, those are my two major categories. I'm also a fan of Kronenbourg 1664, a beer from France of all places.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »
Not to derail the thread, but lately I've been finding I have a real taste for Gewürztraminer white wine. I've never been much of a wine drinker either, but I tasted this for the first time about a year ago or so, and I really love it. Pinot Noir replaced Merlot as my favorite, and then Gewürztraminer replaced Pinot Noir. Those two are my favorite red & white.

On another side note: Some friends recently arrived for a night out with a $1000, 30 year old bottle of red wine from her wealthy father's awesome wine cellar. It was a variety I hadn't heard of - it came with a certificate of origin from some society that her dad belongs to. I can't even remember what it was called, but it was the best wine I've ever tasted. I used to scoff at the idea of people coveting such a frivolous thing, but it was truly marvelous. And the buzz was so unique and so pleasant. I found myself lamenting that I may never have another opportunity to drink it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »
I used to scoff at the idea of people coveting such a frivolous thing, but it was truly marvelous.

I used to think the same thing about high dollar steak houses. Then I spent a ridiculous amount of money on a night at Ruth's Chris. Very expensive (for me, anyway) but it was hands down the best steak eating experience of my life. And I eat a lot of steak. Sometimes a high price will most definitely be rewarded with the best quality. Not always but sometimes.

And, turning the conversation back towards the very essence of life itself...beer.

I can honestly say that I have never purchased or consumed ridiculously expensive beer. BUT...if I did I would probably choose this one at $765 per bottle:

Scottish brewery BrewDog has produced a beer served in bottles as shocking as the beer’s extremely high alcoholic content.

Only eleven bottles of this expensive beer, named after a book by philosopher Francis Fukuyama, were produced. The blond Belgian ale, infused with nettles from the Scottish Highlands and fresh juniper berries, is 55 percent alcohol and will be BrewDog’s final high ABV beer.

The bottles, however, are the beer’s most striking aspect–each one is encased in a squirrel or weasel stuffed by a gifted taxidermist.

55% alcohol...woo, hoo! But the bottles, well...

Yeah...

I'm

Gonna

Make

You

Scroll

Down

All

The

Way

For

The

Punchline

On

This

One...

It

Is

Worth

It...

Ta, Da!

I mean...hey, if you are going to blow this much on a bottle of beer then having it piss off PETA at the same time at least makes it somewhat worth the price of admission.

And I can always count on my European ancestors to weigh civilized behavior against questionable taste and choose the same way almost every single time. Haggis comes to mind right away. As do the bagpipes. Although the kilt thing can be pretty interesting.

Here's the link to the page where this is from.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:58:56 AM by trapeze »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 01:35:45 AM »
I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink xxx, stay thirsty my friends.