Author Topic: Romney Veep Search  (Read 1278 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Romney Veep Search
« on: April 17, 2012, 06:50:54 AM »
Stuff like this scares me -

"The aide described McMorris Rodgers as “Republican woman version 3.0.” Palin was charismatic and conservative but wilted under the spotlight. Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann was charismatic and conservative but highly polarizing. McMorris Rodgers strikes a balance of conservatism, experience and effective messaging, the thinking goes."

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/16/supporters-push-cathy-mcmorris-rodgers-for-vice-president/

Written by a true E-GOP/Ruling Class asshat, no doubt.  No offense to Rodgers, that's just they way I see it.  If she wants to correct that statement, by all means, have at it.  Another New Englander?  Pass.  Martinez needs more vetting, not opposed to the idea unless it is for demographics only, just need to learn more, even Wiki entry is fairly light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susana_Martinez

Agree with the author, a woman just to pick a woman is a bad idea.  The best candidate should be picked regardless of gender or ethnicity, the person and their philosophy is much more important.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Who will be Mitt's Veep?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:56:16 AM »
Stuff like this scares me -

"The aide described McMorris Rodgers as “Republican woman version 3.0.” Palin was charismatic and conservative but wilted under the spotlight. Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann was charismatic and conservative but highly polarizing. McMorris Rodgers strikes a balance of conservatism, experience and effective messaging, the thinking goes."

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/16/supporters-push-cathy-mcmorris-rodgers-for-vice-president/

Written by a true E-GOP/Ruling Class asshat, no doubt.  No offense to Rodgers, that's just they way I see it.  If she wants to correct that statement, by all means, have at it.  Another New Englander?  Pass.  Martinez needs more vetting, not opposed to the idea unless it is for demographics only, just need to learn more, even Wiki entry is fairly light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susana_Martinez

Agree with the author, a woman just to pick a woman is a bad idea.  The best candidate should be picked regardless of gender or ethnicity, the person and their philosophy is much more important.

Haven't read the article, but choosing one of the " lightening rods",a Bachmann or Palin, eases my mind in a vote for Romney. Choosing someone squishy does not.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »

He's got to pick a VP who is, at least, neutral to the South.
Historically the presidential candidate will pick an opposite.

I can't believe this is anything more than agitprop. Why they
feel the need to do it is part of their RC manipulation game.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »
Romney won't pick anyone who would get more press then he would.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 11:23:21 AM »
With the Ruling Class clowns running things...

::unknowncomic::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »

" The Ruling Class",  the movie.

Peter O’Toole gives a tour-de-force performance as Jack, a man “cured” of believing he’s God—only to become Jack the Ripper incarnate [head of the ruling class].

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 06:25:14 PM »
Choosing someone squishy does not.

Why not? Romney's so squishy, he reminds me of the Sta-Puff marshmallow man. I think a squishy VP would be a perfect match. And I'm still not sure I'd vote for him, I don't give a rodent's rectum who he picks as his VP.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »
Did you say "squishy"?
Then it will be Lindsey Graham

Or Marco Rubio.
Eligibility doesn't matter anymore

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 08:40:43 PM »
Rubio already said it won't be him, the way he said it made me think Mitt informed him he was not on the short list, I'll take his word for it.

Lindsey?  Wow, that's one of those choices that could leave conservatives at home in droves on election day!

::unknowncomic::   ::unknowncomic::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
Rubio already said it won't be him, the way he said it made me think Mitt informed him he was not on the short list, I'll take his word for it.

Lindsey?  Wow, that's one of those choices that could leave conservatives at home in droves on election day!

Linsey will keep me home.How much can a person take.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 06:51:16 AM »

Aye, that's the rub, isn't it?!  Just when we think we cannot possibly be subjected to any more indignity, the Ruling Class Pubbies prove us wrong.  I think Mitt is fully capable of making colossal mistakes, and perhaps I am foolish in thinking there is no way he could be so insane, but picking Lindsey has to not even be a consideration.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 08:24:27 AM »

Aye, that's the rub, isn't it?!  Just when we think we cannot possibly be subjected to any more indignity, the Ruling Class Pubbies prove us wrong.  I think Mitt is fully capable of making colossal mistakes, and perhaps I am foolish in thinking there is no way he could be so insane, but picking Lindsey has to not even be a consideration.

If he picked a real conservative as Veep it would at least give the base hope for 20.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 11:34:24 AM »

I don't care who it is, I won't stay home. I'm going to vote for somebody. May not be Romney, but there'll be some one......
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »
That's where I am Alan.

Although I am strong in saying that I won't vote for Romney, I may throw up in my mouth and vote for him.
But, right now, no way

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Romney Veep Search
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/romney-vetting-running-mates-stump-040100503.html?l=1

Search headed up by Beth Meyers.  OK, so who is Beth Meyers?  Oh, a disciple of The Butthead!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/beth-myers/gIQAuY3fKP_topic.html

Maybe The Butthead was more Jedi than Sith back then, we can only hope, but such a link gives me a bit of pause that we'll see a real conservative tapped for Veep.

Oh, and Mitt the moderate will have to sign off of course, an even bigger worry, that!