Author Topic: AMPU - An Obama Second Term Means a Bankrupt United States  (Read 33884 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: AMPU - An Obama Second Term Means a Bankrupt United States
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2012, 12:23:31 AM »

If he had taken the time to get to know the others, the other half of this forum, whom he claims to know, although he never interacted with, he may quite possibly have never worked himself into this jam.

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2012, 12:23:45 AM »
Now you're just pissing on the carpet in our living room.

By doing what?  Answering questions that people are asking me?

For crying out loud.
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/amperfectunion
Check out the website! www.amostperfectunion.com

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »

If he had taken the time to get to know the others, the other half of this forum, whom he claims to know, although he never interacted with, he may quite possibly have never worked himself into this jam.

You mistake me, sir.  I'm not in a jam and I have no problem with confrontation.  I also don't have a problem defending what I believe and offering the reasons why I believe them.  That much should be clear by now.

I don't wish to be a part of a community that thinks violence against other Americans is the only way to fix our problems.  That's why I've asked that my posts be withdrawn.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2012, 12:26:52 AM »

You mistake me, sir.  I'm not in a jam and I have no problem with confrontation.  I also don't have a problem defending what I believe and offering the reasons why I believe them.  That much should be clear by now.

I don't wish to be a part of a community that thinks violence against other Americans is the only way to fix our problems.  That's why I've asked that my posts be withdrawn.

"How can I miss you if you won't go away?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2012, 12:28:25 AM »
Give me a break.  It's one thing to refuse to get specific about what you believe.  It's a different thing altogether to reject someone else's specifics whilst refusing to proffer your own.  That's called hypocrisy.  If you aren't comfortable presenting your ideas, don't criticize someone else who is.  That's just common courtesy.

Courtesy is not introducing the risk of harm of one's fellow man.  That is the road I follow here by not outlining my preferences.  If you bothered to peruse any threads not of your own beginning -- have you? -- that would be crystal clear right now.

I do not believe as you, neither do a few others, but IDP and trap have stated their beliefs that, now I'M REPEATING MYSELF AND I HATE THAT, there is time in which to allow the present system to prevail.  What is your problem with them and that approach?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2012, 12:29:28 AM »

For crying out loud.

No, for being truculent. You were graciously invited in good faith, and you've chosen to pick fights with people. It began with your condescending "I know we all like to be super doomy gloomy around here", and went downhill from there.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2012, 12:30:33 AM »
...If you bothered to peruse any threads not of your own beginning -- have you? -- that would be crystal clear right now....

Bingo.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2012, 12:31:41 AM »
I do not believe as you, neither do a few others, but IDP and trap have stated their beliefs that, now I'M REPEATING MYSELF AND I HATE THAT, there is time in which to allow the present system to prevail.  What is your problem with them and that approach?

My problem is with people who can't be honest about what they believe, but criticize others for what they believe.  That's no different than liberalism.  

I don't care that you believe differently than I do.  I care that you blame me for the fact that you aren't being specific about why.  And the reasons why are something with which I don't wish to be associated.  I'm perfectly willing to let you believe and do whatever you like...isn't it therefore reasonable to expect the same courtesy in return?  

Offline amperfectunion

• Likes the place
    • A Most Perfect Union
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2012, 12:33:02 AM »

For crying out loud.

No, for being truculent. You were graciously invited in good faith, and you've chosen to pick fights with people. It began with your condescending "I know we all like to be super doomy gloomy around here", and went downhill from there.

Oh give me a break.  If someone can't handle a simple offhand comment like that which was harmless and clearly sarcastic, that's just sad.

Just do me a favor and delete my account as well.  This place clearly isn't for me.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2012, 12:33:46 AM »

You don't know this community, you extended the courtesy of your presence to the majority of this forum.  You relate to this forum through the spectrum of responses to your posts which is, to say the least, myopic.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2012, 12:36:26 AM »

"How can I miss you if you won't go away?"
                                                              ::hysterical::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2012, 12:39:04 AM »

My problem is with people who can't be honest about what they believe, but criticize others for what they believe.  That's no different than liberalism.  

I don't care that you believe differently than I do.  I care that you blame me for the fact that you aren't being specific about why.

I cannot, in good faith, tell you what I believe should be our course of action now.  You seemed a reasonable man and yet you're are unwilling to admit there may be good reasons for not putting them in writing.  How can that be?  

As I've said, and yet I REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN, there are others here who believe as you, have no problem with what you believe and still you have a problem.  How can that be?

And the reasons why are something with which I don't wish to be associated.  I'm perfectly willing to let you believe and do whatever you like...isn't it therefore reasonable to expect the same courtesy in return?  

Are you not familiar with the discourse here similar to that of the Founding Fathers, who argued in just the same fashion as we here?  What would you have thought of those who bought our Liberty with their lives and sacred honor who fled from the controversy of like minds with differing solutions?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2012, 12:57:06 AM »
Hmmm.  Magic Eight-Ball sez the PMs are flying around behind scenes right now.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2012, 01:08:24 AM »

I started one to say that I was done with this disingenuous klown but never got around to sending it. Is it too late now?  ::evil::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2012, 01:08:52 AM »

Nope, at least not here. But done is done. My little experiment in expansion by invitation to blog has revealed its flaw.
We won't be hearing from him again.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2012, 01:11:00 AM »

I started one to say that I was done with this disingenuous klown but never got around to sending it. Is it too late now?  ::evil::

Not at all, but ya better send it to me -- CO has -- 'cause IDP said he was going to bed and trap looks to have been long done with the klown in question.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2012, 01:12:59 AM »

Nope, at least not here. But done is done. My little experiment in expansion by invitation to blog has revealed its flaw.

Your expansion experiment has its good points too.

Did he officially resign, then?  Dayum.  I thought I wuz doin' okay.

Hey!  I thought you were goin' t'bed.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2012, 01:15:17 AM »
Pan and Charles hit it on the head. The guy's entire experience here was through reaction to his own posts. You can't get to know people that way. He proved he wasn't interested.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2012, 01:17:27 AM »

Your expansion experiment has its good points too.

Did he officially resign, then?  Dayum.  I thought I wuz doin' okay.

Hey!  I thought you were goin' t'bed.

No, I banned him, he didn't resign. The whole pissing on the carpet thing. I have no patience for it once the patience is gone.

Now I really AM goin to bed.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2012, 02:19:31 AM »
He seemed to think he was pretty clever.

In my case, realizing that the kind of change necessary probably isn't possible without drastic measure isn't the same as wishing for it.

I'd rather it not happen that way.

He appeared to be insinuating that there are a bunch of militia types here champing at the bit to get shooting