Author Topic: The Entire System Has Been Utterly Destroyed  (Read 4923 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The Entire System Has Been Utterly Destroyed
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 10:41:05 AM »

The total corruption of the market is why she said:
"No informed person can continue to engage these markets, and no moral person can continue to broker or facilitate customer engagement in what [it] is now a massive game of Russian Roulette."  

Yes.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »
Take away the implication that this is random, and yeah, I'll buy 100% of that!

Or modify it to read forced Russian roulette, not all participants are willing!

We need the emphasis where it belongs...proglodytes in government...the gun-pointers, and their enablers in free enterprise that did little to push back on this, and the electorate who let them all get away with it!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »
And when it's all distilled down you get totalitarianism. That is the end game the democrats are playing toward and they are being systematically aided by progressive republicans (ie, establishment republicans). We're on the brink folks. The question seems to be is it to late to get back from the edge and if it is not too late, are we actually going to keep ourselves from going over?

I guess I'm tentatively in the camp that says we haven't gone over just yet and we still have a chance to keep from doing so. But this next election is the last chance we have.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 01:25:53 PM »
BMG, that assumes no collapse before then

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 02:01:55 PM »
True enough AP, true enough.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 10:22:34 AM »

Link

Many cattle and energy traders a the CME have stopped trading and are angry.
[blockquote]
"I would be hedging some feeder cattle right now, but I'm not going to do it. I'm leaving them exposed to the cash market and I don't like that," Rietzke said.

Monday's news that the missing funds at MF Global may have doubled to $1.2 billion has only deepened the mistrust of the system.
  [/blockquote]

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »
Better watch things closely, if confidence begins to collapse, the cascade into chaos will be supercharged into a death-spiral!

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 05:58:07 PM »
Man it sucks being poor but at least I have less to loose. ::whatgives::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

charlesoakwood

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 09:14:33 PM »
You've Got to be Kidding Me.
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - November 22, AD 2011 7:20 PM MST

Terrence Duffy's Introduction at CME Group Press Conference with Mayor Daley

Now that I have stopped simultaneously laughing, crying and throwing things at my monitors, I can now post on this little gem. That little bit of ego in me would like to think that maybe my little screed from last Thursday helped to spur this amateur Kabuki theater presentation, but NAH. That would imply that any of these people actually read, and I seriously doubt that.

First, note Mayor Daly's lack of eye contact or acknowledgement upon his introduction, followed by some of the most furious fake paper rifling action I have seen in a long time. Then, at the 0:21 second mark, please enjoy the Nixonian "I-don't-belive-my-own-lies-but-I-expect-you-to" nose scratch from hell from Terry Duffy. Bwah-ha-ha-ha. Here is the whole transcript with my comments in bold:

------------------------------------------------

Good morning. {Not for the MF customers, it isn’t.}
I’m Terry Duffy, executive chairman of CME group and I want to thank you all for being here today. I want to welcome you to our press conference and thank Mayor Daley for being here. {SMOOCH!}

I want to recognize my colleagues, Mr. Brodsky, Jack Somebody, Leo Melamed, and some of the treasurers behind me that you are going to hear from in just a second. We are here to discuss something that we feel very strongly about {No one is interested in how you people FEEL. All we want to hear about is the objective reality of WHERE THE FLIPPING MONEY IS. Take your sentiments and stow them, sailor.} and that is the importance of Chicago’s financial marketplace, not just to the city, but to the world. {Not for long, hon. Musical interlude:}

Click Here to Listen. Trust me. Heh.

I am especially pleased to host Mayor Daley, a long-time friend. {Uh, that doesn’t help your credibility, Terry.}

I’d like to thank the mayor for arranging today’s press conference and the round table that we had. {SMOOCH!}

We had a very informative round table discussion with some of the top financial service industry leaders. {FANTASTIC! Does that mean you found the stolen customer seg funds?}

We discussed a whole host of challenges and opportunities facing the financial community, from regulatory issues to global expansion. {Did you discuss the challenge of going down the list of MF’s counterparties and calling them and asking if they had the money? It’s really quite simple, you know.}

It’s wonderful to have a mayor who values the vital role of the economy played in Chicago’s financial services community. {Oh, SMACK! Duffy is referring to Daley, but the current mayor is Rahm Emanuel. Duffy just backhanded Emanuel bigtime.}

It’s worth pointing out that there are some segments of our financial market that provided a place of shelter for the most damaging parts of the economic crisis. {Provided. PAST TENSE.}

Futures and options markets are chief among them. {WERE chief among them.}

They function flawlessly, providing liquidity, transparency and central counterparty clearing services that continue to work throughout the crisis. {Uh, I know several thousand MF customers who would have just a TINY nit to pick with that statement, Terry.}

No customer has ever lost a penny as the result of a clearing member default at CME Group. {Okay. Now you’re just shamelessly lying.}

And that includes the Great Depression up through the most recent economic failure. Even though CME Group and our fellow exchanges are headquartered in Chicago, our businesses are truly global. {Yeah, you have screwed people all over the planet. Your mother must be so proud.}

We continue to dramatically expand our businesses as a consequence of distributing our products worldwide. {Let me guess – you’re bullish Greece, right?}

At CME alone, we now serve customers in more than 85 countries. {Is “serve” the new jive-talk street slang for what goes on in prison showers?}

We serve them through the CME Globex, the most distributed electronic trading platform in the world. {“Serve.” I get it.}

We are standing here today at the nerve center of this global operation. {Ooooh. Ahhhh.}

What you see around you is the new state-of-the-art global command center from which CME Globex operates around the clock to serve our clients. {Wow! Look at all of those flat screen monitors! It’s like Star Trek, or Dr. Evil's Lair, or something.}

Roughly 60% of our employees are involved in technology supporting this operation. {The other 40% are “auditors”. Snorf.}

In fact, we have invested more than 1.5 Billion dollars over the past several years, much of that deployed right here in Chicago. {Wow. Looks like you’re going to have to sell all of that off to make the MF customers whole, Terry. But hey, at least you’ll be able to afford it!}

To give you a sense of the scale, last year we traded 2.6 billion contracts, representing an underlying value of more than $800 trillion dollars. {Uh, I would expect those numbers to be just a TAD lower next year.}

And since we are the guarantor of every transaction that happens in our markets, we have to guarantee the performance of each and every one of these contracts, which means facilitating the transfer of $800 trillion dollars of risk. {So, why didn’t you guarantee the MF customers? Why did you lock them out of their accounts and destroy the entire system, you idiot? Why did it take you a week to even begin the transfers?}

To do this, we hold more than $100 billion dollars of collateral to support the transactions that are being done in our markets. {Apparently not, Terry. Apparently MF did not have the full collateral posted, which is why the MF customers were DOUBLE MARGINED when their positions FINALLY transferred. Do you ACTUALLY believe your own bee-ess?}

And twice a day we move between six and ten billion dollars of funds to and from market participants, much of that banking activity happening right here in Chicago. {Yeah, where the hell IS Harris Bank in all of this?}

Indeed, Chicago has become a catalyst in the transformation of the global financial marketplace. {You got that right, Bub. You are going to take the entire thing down.}

In fact, Chicago has reaffirmed its leadership with a new set of trading entrepreneurs now involved in hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, arcades and technology companies, many of whom were at the round table earlier this morning. {Reaffirmed its leadership? You FAILED. You failed epically, totally and catastrophically. You FAILED in your fiduciary duty to audit and enforce the common sense rules with Corzine and MF – but then, I reckon it was pretty tough to execute an audit of MF whilst you were on your knees under Corzine’s desk trying to buy that sweet Deputy Treasury Secretary gig, right? You FAILED to protect the MF customers before the collapse. You FAILED to do your job and keep the MF customers liquid after the collapse. It’s over, Terry. You and your boys just hung yourselves with your own $1500 neckties. No one is buying your sleazy, lawyered-up, a$$-kissing spin. Say goodnight, Gracie.}

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 10:21:21 PM »
Heh, Grade A comments CO!   ::thumbsup::

They are in panic mode, they know confidence in the system has taken a major hit, all because the insider game has been exposed and their lies are so blatant it is stunning anybody would use their statement for anything more than emergency toilet paper (or better yet used to light the building on fire where these people congregate)!  The man behind the curtain has been seen and he isn't wearing any pants, and everyone fleeced by these thieves should be storming their offices and dragging them into the streets.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 08:04:57 AM »
Corzine to be brought into the House Financial Services Committee, hopefully by his shorthairs...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45406142

Man, are there some ubber douchebags on this committee on the demonrat side, led by Blarney Fwank, who shouldn't be on any committee dealing with financial matters, period!  He should be in manacles along with Dodd & Corzine!!!

http://financialservices.house.gov/About/Members.htm

I sure hope Bachmann can make it to this hearing!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 01:08:43 AM »

Lawyer's are still fighting for the customers legal right to their money.

[blockquote]Another Radio Interview & Other Collectanea
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - December 1, AD 2011 1:09 PM MST

3. Interesting video here. This is the guy who is running the MF customer group that I linked to earlier this week. He is also the guy who criticized me for shutting down. He is very well-informed as to what is going on, but because he is in the business himself, I think he is also in a state of denial about the systemic nature of this problem and the extent to which trust in the system has been destroyed. But his command of the intricacies of this situation are good, and he is rocking the Buddy Holly/Roy Orbison look, so that's cool too. This video really gets going at the 3:30 mark:

[James Koutoulas Co-Founder Commodity Customer Coalition - MF Global Bankruptcy]

James Koutoulas Co-Founder Commodity Customer Coalition - MF Global Bankruptcy

Aside: I had a great conversation with a trader out of Hong Kong operating in Seattle earlier this week, and he confirmed that the Asian trade is now viewing the U.S. markets as POISON because of this. I told him to pack his bags and go home to Hong Kong and set up shop there, because - and brace yourselves for this - the Chinese markets and regulatory oversight bodies have more integrity than their U.S. counterparts, and there will be a flight to quality with regards to the rule of law into the Chinese financial markets.

Think long and hard about what I just said. Then feel free to go sit on the stairs and sob for as long as is needed.
[/blockquote]

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
The ChiCom's have the added advantage of taking people out and shooting them in the head when they do someting the Politburo doesn't like, a power Stymie would love to have and I would do anything to prevent him from getting.  Having said that, there is still the rampant incompetence, cronyism and corruption in our oversight ranks that need a purging...but that could be said of everything government has a hand in, so...chicken/egg...I say we strangle the chicken and stomp on all the eggs to prevent reproduction...I guess I just voted for open conflict...I'm OK with that.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 01:48:47 PM »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/jon-corzine-still-bundling-obama_640493.html

Barack Obama's reelection campaign has released the most recent list of names of fundraising bundlers. On that list is Jon Corzine, the former governor of New Jersey and embattled money man, the former head of MF Global.

As ABC reported, "President Obama once hailed [Corzine] as an 'honorable man' and one of his 'best partners' in the White House." Since that time, Obama has tried to distance himself from Corzine, who at one point was considered for the treasury secretary slot.

But apparently Obama is still willing to use campaign funds from the embattled Corzine.

- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »

BMG, it's just business.  Ha!  We'll get 'em at the voting booth come November.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »
Yeah I hear ya CO. It's nauseating...

...but what's exponentially worse is that there are *STILL* voters in this country that are willing to support these people.

I know you can't put any real faith in polls but look, most polls show Obama's 'likeability' at 45ish percent. It's mind-boggling to me that his 'likeability' should even be north of 20% quite frankly. Even though I'm certain that 45% figure has been stretched in those polls, I also know that it hasn't been stretched by 25 points. So that means that either that 20% that are generally regarded as the rabid, looney communist-loving minority in this country is higher than 20% or there are an awful lot of people just not paying any attention.

Either scenario is a death knell for the country.

And it makes me sick...
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »
It's because people still have the luxury of being able to take the easy way out. It's easy for them to make themselves feel all good and enlightened by giving him high marks for personal likability, he's like the collective "black friend" for guilt-ridden white America. Does that mean they'll vote for him again? That part is less certain.

But ultimately, we're not going to see any efforts to address fundamental problems while people still have the luxury of self-delusion. The economy is weak, but most people still have jobs and the grocery store shelves are still stocked. This allows them to maintain their impenetrable shield of ignorance for a while longer. It's not going to last.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »
Obama has been generous with his stash.
"Don't have to worry about my mortgage..."
Of course he's likeable.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
Some of these people look scared, and they should be...the Kabuki theater won't work much longer, once the poop starts hitting the fan in earnest...Katie bar the door!

They better run fast, the angry mobs will be mobile and hostile.