Author Topic: Liberals discussing Doomsday Preppers  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Liberals discussing Doomsday Preppers
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:49:10 PM »
So while watching Doomsday preppers I saw a commercial for Subaru  - saying "Buy on for Doomsday"  - I went looking to find it so I could share, but failed (Round here every F'ing outback is owned and driven by a liberal, so I plan to start shooting at those on Doomsday.. but anyway)

I did however find this thread on a subaru (Imprezza- not Outback) Forum discussing the show. Fun reading.
Enjoy.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Liberals discussing Doomsday Preppers
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:56:54 PM »
"Diabeetus will kill you before the EMP will"

::hysterical::

I guess it's funnetikly correct.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 12:25:20 AM »
And starving because the little Community Garden in the courtyard of your hipster-haven couldn't produce enough alfalfa sprouts will kill you even quicker.

It's really so very obliging of them to have decided to form their own concentration camps.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 06:55:05 AM »
And starving because the little Community Garden in the courtyard of your hipster-haven couldn't produce enough alfalfa sprouts will kill you even quicker.

It's really so very obliging of them to have decided to form their own concentration camps.

::thumbsup::

Like fat boys in Zombieland, I am hoping they all keep each other occupied for a while.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 06:00:58 PM »
  That bunch will be the first to end up missing.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 06:43:45 PM »
There's a SpikeTV program on weekend mornings called "Extreme 4X4" that Gunsmith likes.  They're currently building an "expedition vehicle", otherwise known as a bug-out truck.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »
There's a SpikeTV program on weekend mornings called "Extreme 4X4" that Gunsmith likes.  They're currently building an "expedition vehicle", otherwise known as a bug-out truck.

Is it "Green"?
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »

Is it "Green"?

Yeah, he sez, "olive drab and camo".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 07:47:39 PM »

Is it "Green"?

Why build when you can buy this:
http://www.truckforum.org/forums/truck-classifieds/19858-for-sale-trade-military-2-ton-deuce-half.html
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 10:43:13 PM »

Thought you were going to buy that and pull the motor.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »

May not have to,one of the mechanics at work is into diesels big time and say that there are others out there that would do the same thing including some 4cyl diesels that are newer and easier to get and smaller to deal with.

Besides I'm still trying to get the hell out of here and get back to my daughter and the rest of the family.

There I will buy something closer to what's needed to put all these plans into action.

Here I'm doing a lighter version of prepping and I don't have the room I need to do most of these projects.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 01:39:34 PM »

Is it "Green"?

Why build when you can buy this:
http://www.truckforum.org/forums/truck-classifieds/19858-for-sale-trade-military-2-ton-deuce-half.html

Not bad, and I bet zombies bounce off of it pretty good!   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 02:29:05 PM »
Almost as enjoyable as Liberals discussing prepping is Libertarians discussing prepping...the range of opinions is interesting to behold...check out the comments in the link.  The article itself is unremarkable by itself, the comments are much more educational as to what different people are expecting...some points are valid, others obvious and quite a few are pretty stupid...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-realities-choosing-your-survival-retreat-location

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »

May not have to,one of the mechanics at work is into diesels big time and say that there are others out there that would do the same thing including some 4cyl diesels that are newer and easier to get and smaller to deal with.

Would you mind sharing the make and model of the motors? Inquiring minds want to know.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »

Would you mind sharing the make and model of the motors? Inquiring minds want to know.

Will do! I'm supposed to go to his/their place to see how they make fuel(diesel) They just got their hands on a biodiesel set up and are working on putting it together and start running fuel. But as to the engines it has to do with the type of fuel pumps and injectors used. The rest is filters filters and filters when you use raw used veggie oil that's why the want to get this bio thing working.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 04:51:41 AM »
Thanks, JF. As soon as I can get all the kids graduated and out of the house, I plan on buying an old truck (60's-70's) and wonder what kind of engine I want to put in it. I want something that's all mechanical (simple to work on) and no computer.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
Thanks, JF. As soon as I can get all the kids graduated and out of the house, I plan on buying an old truck (60's-70's) and wonder what kind of engine I want to put in it. I want something that's all mechanical (simple to work on) and no computer.

That's exactly what I want too.  I haven't done much research yet, but I know by the early/mid 70s electronics were beginning to become common on cars due to, what else, new government mandates. So to get what we want, we're probably looking at something at least 40 years old. Could make for a fun rebuild project.

It's wild when you look under the hood of one of those older cars. Your instinct is to ask "where is everything?" because there's so much free space in the engine compartment. Not like a modern car where everything looks shoehorned in. An engine, a couple of hoses, and some wires. It's great.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 11:17:21 AM »
So to get what we want, we're probably looking at something at least 40 years old. Could make for a fun rebuild project.

I don't have the facilities to do a rebuild, but luckily there are great specimens already completed or in good shape for a decent price. That's what I'm looking for. I could possibly do a motor swap, but that's about it.

And I'm old enough to remember when cars and trucks didn't have all of that crap under the hood. I look under a hood now days and think "What the heck is all of this crap?" ::facepalm::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 07:16:09 PM »

Diesel/gas?
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 08:08:38 PM »

Is it "Green"?

Took the words out of my mouth...
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.