Author Topic: Griffin on "Glee" mocks Palin, O'Donnell, Tea Party, "birthers"  (Read 3014 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Apparently, it was worse than I imagined it would be.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdaG8zprpr

This is not a parody of her performance on the show, it is her performance.

Newsbusters has more.

H/T Gateway Pundit
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Griffin on "Glee" mocks Palin, O'Donnell, Tea Party, "birthers"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
People watch this? We're pretty far gone.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:01:57 PM »

I don't know about "we", but they are.  Reality shows?  Please!  Keep 'em, they're sickening; same goes for "Idol".

Most of television programming is not worth watching, IMO, and periodically I'm jolted by what comes out in the few shows I do watch, that I thought were a bit better.  BTW, I don't watch "Harry's Law" anymore.  Gunsmith's gotten me interested in "Pawn Stars" - very little over-emoting, and some of what people bring in to sell is fascinating.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »

I don't know about "we", but they are.  Reality shows?  Please!  Keep 'em, they're sickening; same goes for "Idol".

Most of television programming is not worth watching, IMO, and periodically I'm jolted by what comes out in the few shows I do watch, that I thought were a bit better.  BTW, I don't watch "Harry's Law" anymore.  Gunsmith's gotten me interested in "Pawn Stars" - very little over-emoting, and some of what people bring in to sell is fascinating.

I meant the collective "we", as in, Americans in general - just for clarification.

Pawn Stars is one of our family faves. We'll get sucked into "Hoarders" "Intervention", and "Heavy" from time to time as well. I guess sometimes watching the horrendous trainwrecks some people make of their lives proves alluring. I've seen it all when it comes to drug addiction, so "Intervention" doesn't surprise me as much. But the unbelievable dysfunction and mental illness that inevitably accompanies compulsive hoarding or acute morbid obesity is just an almost unreal thing to witness.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 12:30:09 PM »

I meant the collective "we", as in, Americans in general - just for clarification.

I dunno, IDP; I think there's not much of a collective "we" that remains in most regards, do you?  We seem to be split between the "we" and the "they" - I'd say that's pretty much the only thing "they" would agree on.

Pawn Stars is one of our family faves. We'll get sucked into "Hoarders" "Intervention", and "Heavy" from time to time as well. I guess sometimes watching the horrendous trainwrecks some people make of their lives proves alluring. I've seen it all when it comes to drug addiction, so "Intervention" doesn't surprise me as much. But the unbelievable dysfunction and mental illness that inevitably accompanies compulsive hoarding or acute morbid obesity is just an almost unreal thing to witness.

I watched "Hoarders" a couple of times, but I get the urge to purge (the house) just because their mess gets to me that bad.  The others - ugh.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:46:19 PM »
I can't stand the reality show stuff, but I'm "encouraged" to watch from time to time because someone else in my family (cough,cough, wife) likes some of em.

Me, mainly sports, Fox, stocks...and occasionally, a show like Wipeout. ::whatgives::

All the shows I like : Prison Break, 24, Walking Dead, Burn Notice are all reruns.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 12:50:12 PM »
I liked "Walking Dead".  Back-to-back reruns have been played twice now; I wish they'd get on with the new episodes awready.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »
I liked "Walking Dead".  Back-to-back reruns have been played twice now; I wish they'd get on with the new episodes awready.

Yip, that is a goodun.

Right now we're watching the screen adaptation of Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth". Excellent so far.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
What the heck is Glee? !   ::whatgives::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »
What the heck is Glee? !   ::whatgives::

Exactly.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 05:58:03 PM »

It's a Chinaman with a glisp.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 07:29:20 PM »
 ::laughonfloor::

I'll buy that!

hemm

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 07:43:05 PM »

It's a Chinaman with a glisp.

you PLICK!!!!

::pokeineye:: 
 ::hysterical::

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 07:54:14 PM »
I bought a 28-DVD box set of the original Twilight Zone TV series.

With that and the Spacecraft Films DVDs, I don't have any need to watch TV otherwise.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 08:11:06 PM »
Main Entry:    glee
Part of Speech:    noun
Definition:    extreme happiness
Synonyms:    blitheness, cheerfulness, delectation, delight, elation, enjoyment, exhilaration, exuberance, exultation, fun, gaiety, gladness, hilarity, jocularity, jollity, joviality, joy, joyfulness, joyousness, liveliness, merriment, mirth, pleasure, sprightliness, triumph, verve
Antonyms:    discouragement, sadness, unhappiness

I'm pretty sure I won't be experiencing any glee until Duh Wun is kicked out of the White House along with the rest of his band of degenerates!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 10:52:39 PM »
The only "reality show" I watch is Billy the Exterminator. It's one of those shows I never would have made a point of watching. I just happened to catch it one night and was sorta hooked.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 08:38:05 AM »
Now I'm worried, after reading the transcript.  No no no, not that this is what passes for entertainment among leftist trash, they are trash and all and it would take trash to entertain trash.

That Noel Sheppard says he likes this drivel.