Author Topic: Bob Beckel Finally Loses It...Yells "F*ck!" On Live TV  (Read 3483 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Bob Beckel Finally Loses It...Yells "F*ck!" On Live TV
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:48:19 PM »
Story and video at Mediaite.

Bob Beckel didn’t realize when the commercial break ended during tonight’s final segment of Hannity, caught in a heated off-camera argument with fellow panelist Neal Boortz. Off-air debates, we thus learned, are granted a much more colorful range of vocabulary than on-air debates, and as the cameras started rolling, the first words on national television were, “You don’t know what the f**k you’re talking about.”

Boortz tends to bring that out in people.

Ask O'Reilly about it.*

BTW, this is one of the funniest damn things I have heard (and seen) in a long while. It takes almost a minute and a half for Beckel to realize that he actually said, "f**k" on the air and apologize (sort of) for saying it. Then he blames Hannity for allowing him to say it.

Laugh out loud funny.

Will need to post a youtube in the thread as soon as it becomes available.

BOORTZ: There is only one place in this country where this whole story is at issue at all. It's not a controversy in Georgia. It's not a controversy anywhere but on your show, and one might suspect that you're running to this to give you some cover maybe for this alleged hubcap incident** that happened at your fundraiser.

O'REILLY: Well, let's -- that -- you know, you're a vicious son of a bitch for saying that.

In April 2003, Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly hosted a fundraiser for Best Friends, a charity benefiting inner-city schoolchildren. As reported in the Washington Post (4/15/03), O'Reilly was trying to fill the time before a singing group connected with the charity, called the Best Men, was set to perform, and quipped: "Does anyone know where the Best Men are? I hope they're not in the parking lot stealing our hubcaps."

And, yeah, I hated to use a sh*t group like FAIR to pull a quote from but it was the first one that came up in the search and I'm being lazy. Besides, Ted Baxter is a preening, narcissistic, know-nothing windbag and I have no problem at all with him making an ass of himself.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:21:18 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Bob Beckel Finally Loses It...Yells "F*ck!" On Live TV
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »
Sounds like he was yelling at the Tea Party lady, not Boortz.

Still, this is the 2nd or 3rd time if just a few months that Beckel has made a complete fool of himself. I'd be surprised if he works at Fox much longer. And the other networks probably won't touch him because of his affiliation with Fox and supposed friendship with Hannity.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:57:42 PM »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 10:13:14 PM »

Hannity explained the situation– the two were in a heated debate while he and Tea Party activist Jennifer Stefano played catch with the famed Hannity show football. Beckel didn’t look over at the producer giving a five-second warning and inadvertently went off on-screen. When he finally realized what happened, Beckel was beyond contrite, instead saying he was going to get fired and refusing to speak for the rest of the segment. Both Stefano and Boortz tried to comfort him– Stefano trying to continue the policy debate, Boortz adding, “if they try to fire you, we’ll defend you.”

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 10:21:12 PM »
what a joke

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 10:38:34 PM »

I know what he is BUT when he's not on the 5 I don't watch.
He's smart and fast and can take a hit without yelling,
Would you rather have Colmes or Beckel, I'll take Beckel.

That was great and the bit about Ted Baxter aka O'Really
is a capper.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 10:43:25 PM »
Beckel is supposed to be a Christian. I say "supposed to be" because no one other than God knows what is truly in another man's heart.

I remember hearing a story about Cal Thomas (with whom Beckel co-wrote a book called "Common Ground") supposedly helping Beckel with his alcoholism and drug addiction and even leading him to become a Christian (didn't read the book so I can't say for sure). That would be very much like Cal Thomas. When I was a young person living in Houston, Cal Thomas was a member of my church and I personally knew his son and daughter. Cal Thomas was (is) a very devout Christian who has absolutely no hesitation at all towards evangelism. When he was in Houston (in the mid to late 1970's when I was there) he worked for the local NBC affiliate. He left after Reagan was elected to work for (I think) Falwell's Moral Majority in DC. I lost track of him and his family, of course, after that but I seem to remember that he wasn't in DC very long before he landed a gig with a major network (NBC I think but I'm not sure) and then began writing a syndicated column. Then FNC hired him and that is where he and Beckel met. They are supposed to be close friends.

At any rate, I hope that Beckel isn't falling off of the wagon and I do mean that. When one commits their life to Christ there is a price to be paid for that. What I mean is that God does not allow you to become a Christian and then just ignore you. If you begin to fall back into the sinful behavior of your formerly un-saved self, God will correct you. Sometimes that correction can be quite painful and in some cases publicly humiliating. (I speak from personal experience.) Who knows? It's between him and God. So, I hope that Beckel is able to turn himself around again. Personally, I would like to see him become a conservative, too. That would be the whole enchilada, so to speak.

Nevertheless, the above sequence was hysterically funny. But I do feel a bit guilty for having a laugh at Beckel's expense. Just a bit guilty.

And yeah, Alan Colmes is a complete tool.

Trivia: Cal Thomas is a very tall guy. I'm 6'2" and I look up to Thomas. One of the tallest people I have ever met.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:52:39 PM by trapeze »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 10:50:31 PM »

It was funny and, repeating myself, he can take a
hit better than 99% of liberals.

As far as Christian goes he does acknowledge good
and evil, he's got a big step on the right path but he
does have some wrestling matches ahead.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »
Beckel.......sorry, Christian and democratic beliefs don't mix.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 12:04:25 AM »
He needs to get the same treatment that any conservative would get under the same circumstances. FIRED!!

Send him back to where ever he came from, out from under whatever rock is big enuff to hide him.  Hannity can crawl under the same rock too!

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 04:05:44 AM »
I used to have nothing but contempt for Beckel when I saw him on other cable programs in five minute blurbs where he was called upon as a "Democratic Strategist " . I thought he was nothing but a mouthy , arrogant , bullying son-of-a-bitch . That is until he began appearing on "The Five" . I still find his politics indigestable but I think the big dummy basically has a good heart . He has a lot more to recommend him than I had previously thought and is apparently well liked by his collegues at Fox . I have a couple of liberal friends who remind me of Bob . I think apaologies are in order but I don't want to see him fired .

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 06:32:29 AM »
I used to have nothing but contempt for Beckel when I saw him on other cable programs in five minute blurbs where he was called upon as a "Democratic Strategist " . I thought he was nothing but a mouthy , arrogant , bullying son-of-a-bitch . That is until he began appearing on "The Five" . I still find his politics indigestable but I think the big dummy basically has a good heart . He has a lot more to recommend him than I had previously thought and is apparently well liked by his collegues at Fox . I have a couple of liberal friends who remind me of Bob . I think apaologies are in order but I don't want to see him fired .

So it's just Beckel being Beckel.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 07:11:48 AM »
I don't care for any democrat, I might give them credit when they experience the rare and often not repeated act of momentary consciousness where they speak truthfully, but beyond that I just don't give a damn.

But watching them step in it is hilarious.  (After the fact that is, I cannot watch that fair & balanced crap live)  And zinging that pompous blowhard O'Reilly, priceless.

::clapping::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 07:17:48 AM »

So it's just Beckel being Beckel.

That's about it .