Author Topic: The Lorax  (Read 679 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
The Lorax
« on: April 22, 2012, 11:08:44 AM »
Alright. For those of you that have younger children (or maybe you just have a soft spot for children's movies) this post is for you.

I know this film has been out for a while so this may be old news. But some of you may not have had a chance to see it yet. So here's my advice:

Pass on it.

Why?

Because it is 100% unadulterated, unabashedly pro-envirowacko drivel specifically aimed at brainwashing children. You'll spend the whole film squirming uncomfortably while you stifle the urge to stand up and scream at the screen. Meanwhile, if you did take children to see it you'll then have to spend a couple hours afterward deprogramming them.

I went to it a couple days ago when it came to my local theater (which only has one screen, only costs $5.00 to get in and consequently, takes a long time to get new movies). I made the mistake of not checking it out prior to going. 
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The Lorax
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 12:28:28 PM »
Paying to see it puts money in Danny Devito's pocket.  Good enough reason for me to stay away.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 01:05:11 PM »
Could an American icon like Dr. Seuss have a subversive Leftist agenda?

Geisel (Dr. Seuss) was a liberal Democrat and a supporter of President Franklin D. Roosevelt and the New Deal...

...The line "A person's a person, no matter how small!!" from Horton Hears a Who! has grown, despite the objections of Geisel's widow, into widespread use on the pro-life side of the issue. While Geisel preferred to let his work speak for itself, in 1986 when the line first started being used by the pro-life movement, Geisel, who would speak out to protect his characters from exploitation, demanded a retraction and received one...

...he said that "there's an inherent moral in any story," and he remarked that he was "subversive as hell."

...Many of Geisel's books express his views on a remarkable variety of social and political issues: The Lorax (1971), about environmentalism and anti-consumerism...

As an adult reading "Green Eggs and Ham" to my children, I realized that the entire book is about succumbing to relentless and abusive pressure to do something you do not want to do that appears intrinsically wrong - eating green eggs and green ham - and liking it in the end. "Sam I Am" is a pusher - an instigator - trying to convince you that "You do not like it, so you say. Try it! Try it and you may, I say!"

That message can innocuously apply to parents trying to get kids to eat food they may have an aversion to. But after repeated readings in early childhood, what is the message that becomes instilled in a child? "Everything is telling you what I'm pushing is wrong, but if I beat you up long enough so you finally succumb, you'll like it." That is a Leftist message, or at the very least, an immoral one.

The bizarre artwork of Seuss also brings this thread to mind...

Picasso would prove to be the beast that killed beauty in art by making ugliness...well, admirable.  The more hideous, shocking, disgusting, revolting, repulsive, nauseating...the better.  With one kallophobic picture, Picasso turned his back on centuries of tradition that had regarded the female figure as the paradigm of beauty and made its glorification a key goal in art...

...Part of the communist agenda, too, is to undermine a society by installing and encouraging ugly and demoralizing art in public places and .... everywhere.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:08:54 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 01:16:42 PM »
Yeah, that Dr. Seuss stuff always seemed dumb to me ever as a kid, later on its progressive-speak became apparent.  You know what's funny though?  Encountering a libnut you know you have no chance of influencing with logic, facts and reason...ridicule them in Dr.Suess-speak!
 ::evil::

"You are an idiot, yes you are!  You are the biggest idiot of them all, by far!"

::laughonfloor::

As far as Pan's ugly art post goes, a bank I worked at a long time ago had one of the ugliest ugly art collections I have ever seen.  A holdover from their pre-1980 fatcat era, every vestibule, every elevator waiting area, every reception area and conference room, every nook & crany...packed with ugly-ass art!

I used to wonder if they were drunk or stoned, it's obvious now they were just plain libiot!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.