Author Topic: Leftist "all-inclusive" Christianity cannot stand  (Read 1830 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Leftist "all-inclusive" Christianity cannot stand
« on: March 16, 2011, 10:10:09 AM »
Guests, feel free to register & join the discussion!

Have to give MSNBC's Martin Bashir credit here, regardless of what his motivations might be. (I know nothing about the guy). Whether it is Bashir's intention or not, he deftly deconstructs the Leftist "all-inclusive" brand of Christianty that says we can just do whatever the hell we want and God's OK with it in the end. Christ surrounded himself with sinners, but it was always clear that His intention was for us to use His example and call upon Holy Spirit to rise above our sin, not wallow in it.

MSNBC Host Makes Rob Bell Squirm: "You're Amending The Gospel So That It's Palatable!"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:14:14 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Re: Leftist "all-inclusive" Christianity cannot stand
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
I guess that he was so intent on trying to discredit Bell's work, he was actually making the case FOR the Gospel. I never heard of Bashir either, maybe he is not a leftist wingnut anti-Christian nutjob.

The first part about trying to trap God into a 'either/or' is typical of the usual atheist rant however. You would think that an atheistic wingnut would welcome Bell's work to help discredit the Gospel, so I'm not sure why he was gonig after him.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"