Author Topic: When State Law & Federal Law Collide...Think This Is About Immigration? Nope.  (Read 1171 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
LINK

No, this time it is about legalizing marijuana for recreational use. Yep, you knew damn good and well that legalizing pot for medicinal use was the camel's nose under the tent and you were right. Now the same people (Liberal Democrats plus Ron Paul supporters) are back with ballot initiatives that are sure to stir things up.

This is on the ballot in Colorado and Washington and maybe a few other places I am unaware of. The above link is for a photo essay in The Atlantic and covers pot related stories from all over.

Still, it is interesting to me because of the inconsistency of the left regarding the defiance of the federal government. The left is pretty much in lockstep that places like Arizona have absolutely no right whatsoever defying the feds about immigration law. But these very same people are behind these state ballot initiatives to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

Pretty funny how that works, eh?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Funny smack 'em or funny haha?

The Left believes in whatever works; that's the only operating principle.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Marijuana is a gateway drug today. I'm not sure that if it were disassociated from
"that culture" that it would still be so.  I don't know what's really physically bad
about it since they have lied about it so long and we know that test results and
surveys can be skewed.  I do think it can make you stupid and don't know if it's
possible to recover.  I do believe that the "war on drugs" isn't working and has
caused the deaths and ruined the lives of innocent people.  I do believe if one is
mature enough to understand the consequences of his actions it's none of the
governments damn business whether one smokes or not.

charlesoakwood

Funny smack 'em or funny haha?

The Left believes in whatever works; that's the only operating principle.

Hypocrisy is just another tool to get what they want.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I'm all for smacking 'em!  But that's usually my first inclination regarding LeftBots!

::asskicking::

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Well, if MJ gets legalized, the FDA will become a giant on steroids for all of it's new regulations that it gets to invent.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Well, if MJ gets legalized, the FDA will become a giant on steroids for all of it's new regulations that it gets to invent.

Yah; that's the ticket.  Just what we need, another big fat tentacle from Leviathan.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"