Author Topic: Getting started early  (Read 2597 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Getting started early
« on: April 24, 2012, 04:49:16 PM »
LINK

That is why it is so surprising that some supporters of the president are starting to attack Republicans based on religion. Mitt Romney's faith is now attacked on news networks and by liberal websites, suggesting that Mormonism is a cult and that Mitt Romney is heading for Hell. Others are claiming that Jesus Christ would be upset at the priorities laid out in the GOP House Budget for FY 2013.

Though the leftist minions have been nibbling around the edges concerning this issue for a while now, according to this article by Politco, it's starting to go mainstream. Here I was thinking they would hold this back till a few months before the election. Seems like they're getting started early. Sort of makes me wonder why. Nervous maybe? Because this is a pretty desperate grasp at straws if you ask me and if they're doing this now seems like that doesn't bode to well for their side.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Getting started early
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 05:36:56 PM »
But were Mitt a f**king 'slim, that'd by just ducky, right?

I'm voting for whoever the damn Republican turns out to be, but if the Left seriously takes up the "Mormonism is a cult" over the summer, and the candidate is Romney, I'm going to have two reasons to pull the little Romney lever.

God Damn these people.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 06:14:34 PM »

I agree with Reverend Jerry Falwell.  In '08 he was asked about Romney being a Mormon,
his response was, "we're voting for a president not [the] Pope."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 07:01:07 AM »
Like this was going to be a shock, everybody on the planet saw this coming, turning it around like the dog wars was turned is required now.

Time to see what Mitt is made of.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 06:09:07 PM »

We already know. He's made of mush.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 06:23:34 PM »

We already know. He's made of mush.

::rolllaughing::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »
I wish the GOP for once would have the balls to Alinsky them, hold them to their code. You know, "tolerance of different faiths and creeds" and all that? Of course, we all well know just how intolerant the tolerance brigade truly are, but they continue with the narrative that they're the paragons of tolerance because they never get prominently called out on it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/largest-donor-obama-super-pac-calls-mormonism-cult_642210.html

Bill Maher, the largest donor to President Obama's super PAC, called Mormonism a "cult" on his HBO show last night, and said that donating money to that religion doesn't count as charity because it's "bulls---."

Maher has given the president's super PAC a cool one million dollars. "The biggest individual donor revealed Friday was hedge fund billionaire James H. Simons, who cut a $1 million check to Majority PAC at the end of last month," Politico reported. That matches him with controversial comedian Bill Maher, who gave $1 million to Priorities USA Action in February, as the biggest Democratic super PAC donors so far this year."

Considering Maher's financial support of Obama's reelection effort, one can't help but wonder whether his views on Mormonism are in line with the president's and his supporters.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »

Bill Maher, the largest donor to President Obama's super PAC, called Mormonism a "cult" on his HBO show last night, and said that donating money to that religion doesn't count as charity because it's "bulls---."

That's pretty much their attitude about any religion except...what's the one?  I keep forgetting...the peaceful one...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 01:09:22 PM »

That's pretty much their attitude about any religion except...what's the one?  I keep forgetting...the peaceful one...

Yeah, that one, peaceful ......

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »

Peace be upon them. ................fully