Author Topic: Romney's latest endorsement!  (Read 523 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Romney's latest endorsement!
« on: April 25, 2012, 12:09:04 PM »
Carter: "I'm comfortable with a Romney win."

Yeah, when I first read that headline I was thinking, "Yikes! That's either really bad for Romney getting a Carter endorsement or really bad for Obama because even the FORMER worst president of the US thinks Romney would be better than Obama."

On one hand, it plays into every fear among the conservative base of the GOP about Mitt Romney.  On the other hand, the statement from the man formerly known as the worst American President in modern times makes it very, very difficult for Team Obama to succeed in using the advice given by the only other Democratic President in the last 40+ years to paint Romney as The Mostest Radicalist Scariest Right-Winger Since Barry Goldwater Nearly Nuked The Nation.  I’d bet, under the circumstances, that Mitt Romney will be happier than Barack Obama with Jimmy Carter’s assessment of the general election in 2012, or at least less unhappy:
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Romney's latest endorsement!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
Expect a "clarifying" statement from Saint Jimmeh in 3...2...1...

::popcorn::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson