Author Topic: The humanist gyrations to which science will go to avoid God (video)  (Read 778 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
This video is fascinating on a couple levels. First, the questions asked and proposed theories to answer them are scientifically fascinating to the curious mind. I find it fun to imagine such things, and Brian Greene does nothing if not spurring the imagination to consider things that are out of ones scope of scientific knowledge.

But as I watched this, I was stuck by a couple things. First, the evangelical preaching style of delivery. It is a sermon more than a lecture, and in my opinion, it is even more so in substance than in style. Second, these wild and unprovable theories are lots of fun, but it is about as tangible as a momentary glimpse of breath vapor. He goes to great lengths and uses scientific language and theory to explain something that in the end, has no more likelihood of imparting truth than it did before he spoke. Great effort to indirectly explain away God, when in the end, he does no such thing. One could actually view his mental gyrations as proof that his extrapolations are meaningless, and as more evidence that God does indeed exist.

It's worth watching for entertainment value, and for a peek into a very complicated support system for the vapid humanist point of view. If they have to try this hard to writhe out of God's presence, perhaps they should just think about embracing Him.

Brian Greene: Why is our universe fine-tuned for life?

At the heart of modern cosmology is a mystery: Why does our universe appear so exquisitely tuned to create the conditions necessary for life? In this tour de force tour of some of science's biggest new discoveries, Brian Greene shows how the mind-boggling idea of a multiverse may hold the answer to the riddle.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:28:12 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson