Author Topic: "Pat-down" of 6 year-old not improper .... say what?  (Read 4085 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: "Pat-down" of 6 year-old not improper .... say what?
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 08:22:39 PM »
And now, a 7 year old girl with cerebal palsey is public enemy #1!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/04/awful-family-misses-flight-after-obama-tsa-targets-disabled-girl/

These sick bastards are way out of control.

Yet, the deafness from The Hill is loud and clear...they don't give a damn.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 09:04:36 PM »
The asininity behind it stems from the same mentality that gave us "zero tolerance" policies in schools. It's absurdism that even Python can't grasp. I know someone whose 8th grade son was arrested, yes arrested, for using a pen and rubber band to assemble a spitball shooter in class. Not given detention or something like that, no, arrested by the police at the insistence of the school "administration".

The ability to discriminate, as in intellectually discriminate between different concepts and their contexts, is one of the fundamental components of Reason. That's also precisely why it is forbidden in the soft tyranny of PC America, because it necessarily defers to individual judgment and initiative, and State Almighty has claimed that monopoly for itself. So the result is we have schoolkids shooting spitballs being treated exactly the same as if they had produced a real firearm, and we have toddlers and handicapped grandmothers being treated like 25 year old Arab men with no luggage and one way last minute tickets at airport security.

And it won't stop until we make it stop.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 10:31:53 PM »
I like how you express yourself LV!

::thumbsup::

Thanks, that made my day.

Common courtesy is something the libs just don't have.  I see it every day on the roads, in the grocery store, even at work.  I like you LV am aware of my surroundings at all times and attempt to not be a hazard or hindrance to anyone as I hope/wish they would do for me.  Common courtesy and respect is something most of the younger generations have not been taught or they just don't care about showing, all the while demanding it from everyone else.

I've told this story before here at IAL I think but hey, I'm going to tell it again.  My residential street opens out to a 4 lane highway--actually there's 5 lanes because of the center turn lane.  Anyway, to cross 3 lanes to go left often takes 2, 3 or 4 minutes when traffic is heavy.  My neighbor ( yeah, the one that drives the Pruis and insists on having a second waste hauler come down our private street every week to get her recycled paper and glass) drives as if she's the only one that has to get anywhere.  One day I was waiting to turn left and she pulls up on my left to also turn left completely blocking my view and my opportunity to turn and then shoots out into the turn lane heading the opposite direction of the marked direction of the lane.  I then had to wait even longer to turn.  There's no way she didn't know that I had to be a neighbor -- not that many people live on our street.

A few days later I was in a Target that also has a grocery department. I was in line with about 3 or 4 others when the woman checking out (with all her organic products and her "green" reusable bags all over the place) realized she'd forgotten onions. Onions are right up front where the produce is as you come inside the store. Okay, she dashes to get it.  You hurry if that's you right?  No, she decided she'd forgotten several things.  I look over to see what's taking her so long and she's going down several aisles picking up stuff while we all waited. But by golly she had her bags to save the earth. 

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »
Normally, LV, they're called Oblivions.  In the case of your neighbor, she has a case of the "my sht don't stink".

There's a reckoning coming for the sht-don't-stink'ers.  Maybe you'll be the one to deliver to her hers.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »
Normally, LV, they're called Oblivions.  In the case of your neighbor, she has a case of the "my sht don't stink".

There's a reckoning coming for the sht-don't-stink'ers.  Maybe you'll be the one to deliver to her hers.

::laughonfloor::

I could make a long list of the stuff they do like have bottled water delivered every week and jetting around the world fairly often. Classic liberals using the earth's resources and inflicting their guilt on the rest of us.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 08:08:27 AM »
"Oblivions", good term.

Back in my day, like a lot of things, it fell under the aegius of "asshole".  But "Oblivions" is pretty descriptive too.

Local radio guy here has a couple blanket terms - for anyone buying into AGW/green stuff its "Mysterians" and for anybody who is just full-tilt left-wing kooky "Euphorians".

In the description LV gave, these people are probably both!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.