Author Topic: The Darwin Awards  (Read 36910 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Darwin Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »
Every once in a while one of these stories pops up in the news and I think they deserve some kind of recognition...or at least a place to file them.

I will get it started with this one:

Swiss woman dies after attempting to live on sunlight; Woman gave up food and water on spiritual journey

Documentary film 'In the Beginning, There Was Light' gave her the idea.

Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger reports that a woman starved to death after embarking on a spiritual diet that required her to stop eating or drinking and live off sunlight alone.

The Zurich newspaper reported Wednesday that the unnamed Swiss woman in her fifties decided to follow the radical fast in 2010 after viewing an Austrian documentary about an Indian guru who claims to have lived this way for 70 years.

Was her experiment in solar energy funded by the Stymie Administration ?

In the story....she is unnamed.....but wouldn't be surprised if her name was sylondra.

Since she starved, I guess it's safe to assume you cannot live by sunlight alone. She didn't become too big to fail.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 06:05:13 AM »
It's a tossup whether this belongs in the black trash thread or here, but what the hell.  Picking two marines to rob probably means it has to go here.  Ladies & Gentlemen, today's feel-good story!

Two burglars dead after breaking into the home of two Marines.

I guess the Manilli Vanilli reunion is never going to happen, now.  :'(

;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 07:07:31 AM »
It's a tossup whether this belongs in the black trash thread or here, but what the hell.  Picking two marines to rob probably means it has to go here.  Ladies & Gentlemen, today's feel-good story!

Two burglars dead after breaking into the home of two Marines.

I guess the Manilli Vanilli reunion is never going to happen, now.  :'(

;D

Definitely belongs here MNHawk!

::whoohoo::

Semper Fi!

::clapping::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
Here was a close call...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/too-soon-zombie-prank-in-miami-almost-goes-horribly-wrong/

If Zimmerman had been in the area...

;D

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 08:22:51 PM »
LINK

A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

Here in FL you may use deadly force to stop a rape (assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm). I assume it is the same in Texas (I would hope anyway!). In that case this Father will likely not be facing criminal charges. I say, 'job well done!'. A case to be added to the DRT (dead right there) files - but the Darwin awards thread seems like a good place too.

Hats off to pops in this case!   

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »

There was a fellow in Texas who defended his neighbor's house
from a breaking and entering, the only problem this fellow's
going to have is taking care of his daughter.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 06:54:08 AM »
In a sane and just system he should not be charged with anything, hopefully sanity and justice prevails here.  I hope the little girl can recover from this and have a normal life.  I dated a gal years ago who was abused by a family member, that kind of betrayal goes much deeper and she recovered but she had (understandably) trust issues ever since, but the trauma is no less severe for this little girl, I hope she can be helped.

::praying::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 07:38:41 AM »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 08:34:07 AM »
My inlaws are located just next door to Shiner. I can tell you that there is no way this guy would have gotten a jury to convict.

No.

Way.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 09:47:24 AM »

Ah, Montana...

A man dressed in a military-style “Ghillie suit” who was attempting to provoke a Bigfoot sighting was struck by two vehicles and killed on U.S. 93 South of Kalispell Sunday night.

“He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting,” Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Schneider said.

You can’t make it up. I haven’t seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him.”

The Flathead County Sheriff’s Office identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell.

Schneider said Tenley’s motivations were ascertained during interviews with friends who were not in the immediate area but were nearby when the man was struck at about 10:30 p.m.

Alcohol may have been a factor,” Schneider said. “Impairment is up in the air.”

Tenley was on the southbound side of the highway, about a half mile south of the highway’s intersection with Rocky Point Road.

“He was in the right-hand lane of travel and the vehicle was unable to avoid him and struck him,” Schneider said of the first vehicle driven by a 15-year-old girl from Somers.

A second vehicle driven by a 17-year-old Somers girl also struck Tenley as he laid on the highway.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »
My boys bought ghillie suits a few years ago, for the various war games (paintball, airsoft) they played with the neighborhood kids. They don't look like Bigfoot. They look like foliage.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
Too bad the young girls had to be the ones to put that moron out of his misery...   ::)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 06:48:15 PM »
Too bad the young girls had to be the ones to put that moron out of his misery...   ::)

True. You know they'll be haunted by this for a long time. Having to suffer from someone's stupidity. ::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 02:35:27 PM »

True. You know they'll be haunted by this for a long time. Having to suffer from someone's stupidity. ::gaah::

They killed bigfoot. So what.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »

They killed bigfoot. So what.

They killed a man. A stupid bastard that thinned the gene pool, but sometimes women can be sensitive.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 10:03:13 PM »
Okay, so there wasn't a death in this one. But there is a death in the future of these people. Soon. Very soon.

I would have run the guy over without a second thought. But that's just me.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 06:40:11 AM »
15 min before the poh-leece show up...and in that time nobody run 'em over or pulled a gat out.   ::)

Says a lot more about us as a society, eh?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Honestly, if I'd driven by I would have gotten the hell out of there.  Not knowing if there were others I'd want to get my kids safe.  I'd call 911 of course and demanding to know why they were so slow and casual in their response if I saw this later.

If drivers saw the cameraman they may have assumed it wasn't real. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 02:43:43 PM »
Honestly, if I'd driven by I would have gotten the hell out of there.  

I'd have been tempted to yell " Mohammad blows dead bears ! "  But that's just me .  ::evil::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »
Honestly, if I'd driven by I would have gotten the hell out of there.  Not knowing if there were others I'd want to get my kids safe.  I'd call 911 of course and demanding to know why they were so slow and casual in their response if I saw this later.

If drivers saw the cameraman they may have assumed it wasn't real.  

Do terrorists wear Blue Bed Sheets?

Oh right, I guess they do - but apparently you get to hold lunch if you do

Somehow these guys look more intimidating than that actor.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:38:09 PM by Weisshaupt »