Author Topic: Eco-Tyranny: Greenwashing a young mind (video)  (Read 1401 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Eco-Tyranny: Greenwashing a young mind (video)
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
A campaign to make children ashamed of their own existence is an insidious, evil campaign.

Brian Sussman, author of Eco-Tyranny, interviews 6th grader at the Earth Day festival in Santa Cruz, California. With her proud mother standing by, the youngster says she has been taught in school that anthropogenic climate change is threatening the planet and that "sometimes I wish we didn't exist."

Green-Washing a Young Mind
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Eco-Tyranny: Greenwashing a young mind (video)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 02:57:49 PM »
 ::overkill::

"Green" enuff fer ya, ya nihilist bastids?!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
When my nephews were 10 and 8, I asked my sister why she was allowing them to be worried about the ozone layer and pollution and saving the planet.  She answered, "when should we tell them, then, when they're 18?"

Tell them WHAT?  How baaaad humans are, how we're "destroying their world"?

Who, in past generations, specifically and deliberately burdened their children with such adult concerns?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 07:30:15 PM »
And I can tell you something about the effectiveness of propaganda when delivered through the vehicle of education. The Exxon Valdez spill occurred when I had just started junior high school, and my 7th grade science teacher made it a big part of his daily classroom lectures on environmental damage. He was a young(ish) teacher with that sort of "I'll wear a sport coat, but with jeans" style that made the kids figure he was an authority yet still had "cool" credentials.

Like all the other kids, I had no reason to believe a teacher would promote any agenda other than the pursuit of knowledge and truth. My intellectual immune system had not yet started producing protective cynicism. I heard all this stuff about the ozone hole, and how the can of aerosol deodorant in my gym bag was to blame. You get a daily dose of this stuff at a young age, an age where your entire life to that point had been one of going to school without ever once doubting that the teachers always had your best interest at heart, and you absorb it all. Exxon was so thoroughly demonized that when I'd be out in the car with the family I would plead that they keep driving past the Exxon station and get their gas at a different one.

That spell was broken through a combination of my dad calling bullsh*t on the hysterics of the whole environmentalist pseudoreligion, and the beginning of the Gulf War a year or so later. I distinctly recalled seeing the evening news when Green Peace activists were demonstrating on a sidewalk in Washington, with one of their No Blood For Oil street theater episodes. They were flopping around on the ground, writhing in fake blood/oil making a spectacle of themselves, and I soon became aware that the environmentalists were one and the same with the people always bad-talking America.

Anyhow that is my own little personal anecdote about how insidious this propaganda is. Parents need to keep a watchful eye on everything their kids come into contact with, because there are so many who want to corrupt the little skulls full of mush.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 07:36:41 AM »
These people truly see humans as the problem, and getting rid of the problem and what that entails begins to illustrate the utter insanity of these people and there is nobody more sick, evil and twisted than the people pushing this garbage onto our kids.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.