Author Topic: Mythch McConnell  (Read 397 times)

charlesoakwood

Mythch McConnell
« on: April 26, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »

Glad Erick's finally caught up with us.   On this topic anyway.

A Nobody With No Audience Gets Noticed by Mitch McConnell

Posted by Erick Erickson (Diary)
Thursday, April 26th at 4:46AM EDT
112 Comments

Yesterday on Laura Ingraham’s radio show, she asked Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell about a recent Roll Call article that framed me as one of the loud leaders of conservatives opposed to Mitch McConnell. The Senator from Kentucky responded that he had never heard of me and I did not have an audience.

That sounds a bit like the child, when asked if he ate the cookie, replying that he had not and besides it did not taste good. If he’d never heard of me, how can he comment on my audience? If he states plainly I have no audience, how can he claim to not have heard of me? His remarks also came less than a day after I came out publicly against bronies, the adult male fans of My Little Pony. I hope that’s just a coincidence.

Mitch McConnell’s remark is just another example of him being vastly overrated as both a strategist and tactician. He claims to have advanced the conservative cause, but told Laura he has to be mindful that to govern Republicans must reach out to all Americans. Perhaps that is why in 2010, with the rise of the tea party, Mitch McConnell backed Arlen Specter against Pat Toomey, Charlie Crist against Marco Rubio (McConnell staffers went to Florida to help Crist), Robert Bennett against Mike Lee, and Trey Grayson against Rand Paul.

I grew up thinking Mitch McConnell was a right wing warrior. It turns out he’s just a typical Washingtonian appropriator who has presided over a massive expansion of the welfare state doing not much more than issuing bold platitudes as he cuts deals to expand government spending and along the way made some major tactical and strategic blunders that groups like ACORN were able to thrive.

Let’s review the record.

Read More

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Mythch McConnell
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »
Caught that this morning.  The closing is spot on!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.