Author Topic: Obama's List  (Read 1566 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Obama's List
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:03:59 AM »
He has a list and he's checked it twice!

Try this thought experiment: You decide to donate money to Mitt Romney. You want change in the Oval Office, so you engage in your democratic right to send a check.

Several days later, President Barack Obama, the most powerful man on the planet, singles you out by name. His campaign brands you a Romney donor, shames you for "betting against America," and accuses you of having a "less-than-reputable" record. The message from the man who controls the Justice Department (which can indict you), the SEC (which can fine you), and the IRS (which can audit you), is clear: You made a mistake donating that money.

This past week, one of his campaign websites posted an item entitled "Behind the curtain: A brief history of Romney's donors." In the post, the Obama campaign named and shamed eight private citizens who had donated to his opponent. Describing the givers as all having "less-than-reputable records," the post went on to make the extraordinary accusations that "quite a few" have also been "on the wrong side of the law" and profiting at "the expense of so many Americans."

If stuff like this is not enough to wake people up I can't figure what will short of Obama issuing the go ahead to fire up the ovens and start killing off all of his political enemies. This sort of thing screams 'Germany circa 1930ish'. I know he's done this before when he called out the AIG execs and declared that people needed to go to their houses and protest...and people did. This is exactly how tyrants get started folks...this is the seed that gets them growing.

I've said it before and I'll keep right on saying it: I have no idea how his 'likeability' and 'popularity' numbers can be higher than 20%. Doing stuff like this screams 'Hitler' to me.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:21:39 PM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Obama's List
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 11:07:10 AM »
I've said it many times before, and I'll keep saying: I do not believe this man has any self-regulating moral limits to what he is willing to do in service of his agenda. He will ultimately become as tyrannical as we allow him to become.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:30 AM »
Once a commie punk thug always a commie punk thug.

The only difference between Obama of 10 years ago and now is mailing address.

But disingenuous c*******ers on the Left and in the MFM will never admit they are wrong...many even as they are stuffed into ovens...

::whatgives::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:22:24 AM »
Once a commie punk thug always a commie punk thug.

The only difference between Obama of 10 years ago and now is mailing address.

But disingenuous c*******ers on the Left and in the MFM will never admit they are wrong...many even as they are stuffed into ovens...

::whatgives::
Rest assured, Obama is a bit to stupid to think of this for himself, it was his operatives who are well schooled on Marxist agitprop. As far as the oven thing goes, never do it because of the carbon footprint. It's way more likely that they'll force you and yours to pay for the ceremony or procedure of execution.  ::facepalm::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »
LINK

Frank VanderSloot donated $1 million to the super-PAC supporting Mitt Romney, Restore our Future, for which the Obama campaign explicitly and personally attacked VanderSloot.  Now, oppo researchers are trying to troll through VanderSloot’s divorce records:

Here’s what happens when the president of the United States publicly targets a private citizen for the crime of supporting his opponent.

Frank VanderSloot is the CEO of Melaleuca Inc. The 63-year-old has run that wellness-products company for 26 years out of tiny Idaho Falls, Idaho. Last August, Mr. VanderSloot gave $1 million to Restore Our Future, the Super PAC that supports Mitt Romney.

Three weeks ago, an Obama campaign website, “Keeping GOP Honest,” took the extraordinary step of publicly naming and assailing eight private citizens backing Mr. Romney. Titled “Behind the curtain: a brief history of Romney’s donors,” the post accused the eight of being “wealthy individuals with less-than-reputable records.” Mr. VanderSloot was one of the eight, smeared particularly as being “litigious, combative and a bitter foe of the gay rights movement.”

Within days, an attorney for an oppo-research outfit began sending requests for court records in cases involving VanderSloot’s company and his four divorces.  The attorney, Michael Wolf, had until recently worked for the Democratic majority on the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations.  It doesn’t take much to put two and two together, especially after Rachel Maddow and others on the Left began attacking VanderSloot as a “gay bashing thug.”

What does this tell us?  It tells us that the Obama campaign wants to go after donors that support Mitt Romney in a very personal way.  In the words of now-former EPA administrator Al Armendariz, their general philosophy is to find a few offenders and crucify them as an example to the rest.  It’s the kind of bare-knuckled bullying that should worry voters if a candidate for President engaged in it.  It’s breathtaking and Orwellian when this kind of activity takes place on behalf of a sitting President.

Just updating the thread...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 12:40:28 PM »
It's the way they roll now.  Can't remember if Clinton outright targeted Rush by name, but it seems to have started then.

Ah, how timely and coinky-dinky; Rush is talking about this now.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »
I think I remember that actually Pan and yeah - if I recall Clinton may not have called him out by name, but it would have been impossible not to know who he was talking about.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 02:33:35 PM »
LINK

Businessman Frank Vandersloot, the CEO of Melaleuca, has been targeted by the Obama campaign after donating money to Mitt Romney's presidential campaign. "Three weeks ago, an Obama campaign website, 'Keeping GOP Honest,' took the extraordinary step of publicly naming and assailing eight private citizens backing Mr. Romney," Kim Strassel of the Wall Street Journal reported. "Titled 'Behind the curtain: a brief history of Romney's donors,' the post accused the eight of being 'wealthy individuals with less-than-reputable records.' Mr. VanderSloot was one of the eight, smeared particularly as being 'litigious, combative and a bitter foe of the gay rights movement.'"

The attacks are working. Vandersloot revealed in an interview on Fox News that his business practice is being hurt by the attacks from the Obama team.

"Those people that I know well weren't affected by this [attack]," said Vandersloot. "But for people who didn't know me, who are members of our business or customers, and they were reading this, then we got a barrage of phone calls of people cancelling their customer memberships with us."

"Really?," the Fox News host asked. "How many did that?"

"A couple hundred that we can track," Vandersloot replied.

Again, the host asked, "Really? Do you have any grounds to sue?"

"I suppose we do," Vandersloot said. The businessman says he's been accused of being anti-gay, an accusation he says that couldn't be further from the truth.

Just updating the thread...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:15:59 PM by BMG »
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 06:47:16 PM »
Tyranny knows no boundaries.  Time to create our own boundaries and to hell with the consequences.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »
Though this isn't connected to Obama directly, it is his party doing this crap and it relates directly to the basis of this thread. So here it is.

Here is a copy of a form letter that the democrat party has been mailing out:

Dear Registered Voter:

Scott Walker won in 2010 because too many people stayed home!

Two years ago, more than half a million Wisconsinites who supported Obama failed to vote in the 2010 election. And that’s how Governor Scott Walker got elected. This year, we’re taking a new approach. We’re sending this mailing to you and your neighbors to publicize who does and does not vote.

The chart shows the names of some of your neighbors, showing which have voted in the past. Look at the list below: are there neighbors on this list you know? Call them or knock on their door before Election Day, and ask them to go vote on Tuesday, June 5th.

After the June 5th election, public records will tell everyone who voted and who didn’t.

Do your civic duty – vote and remind your neighbors to vote.

This enrages me beyond belief!  ::angry::

Not only does it put forth private information in a handy little package for would-be identity thieves to capitalize upon, but the thinly-veiled threat smacks so much of 1930's German SS and Italian Gestapo tactics in 'encouraging' citizens to inform on their neighbors. This despicable tactic has no place in America! This is the type of garbage you see in places like Cuba and Russia for crying out loud! If I were a democrat (thank God I am not that freaking stupid!) this single act by that insidious party would instantly drive me away because the next step is to whisk away all those 'no voters' or voters who are voting contrary to the way the democrat party wishes and sending them off to 're-education camps'. In short, this is the precursor to Nazi-style concentration camps! How ANYONE involved with the democrat party can not see crap like this and understand what it leads to is beyond me.  ::bashing:: 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 03:21:04 PM »
It is enraging, BMG.  There is, however, a silver lining (aren't I just little Suzie Sunshine these days  ::unknowncomic::  ) and that is the ability to note who goes calling and banging on doors as a result of this little missive. Brown-shirts self-identifying.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 03:23:08 PM »
It's time the conservatives fought back....I'd say a play off the anti bullying campaign would do just fine.

Mind numbing the evil in this administration.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »
Mind-numbing the willingness of our so-called rep's to let this continue unchallenged...there ought to be butts in slings...else they risk lots of lamp post decorating to come, and the angry mob might not be so selective as to choice of ornament...

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 06:04:59 PM »
WSJ LINK

HotAir LINK

This column has already told the story of Frank VanderSloot, an Idaho businessman who last year contributed to a group supporting Mitt Romney. An Obama campaign website in April sent a message to those who'd donate to the president's opponent. It called out Mr. VanderSloot and seven other private donors by name and occupation and slurred them as having "less-than-reputable" records.

Now Mr. VanderSloot has been targeted by the federal government. In a letter dated June 21, he was informed that his tax records had been "selected for examination" by the Internal Revenue Service. The audit also encompasses Mr. VanderSloot's wife, and not one, but two years of past filings (2008 and 2009).

Two weeks after receiving the IRS letter, Mr. VanderSloot received another—this one from the Department of Labor. He was informed it would be doing an audit of workers he employs on his Idaho-based cattle ranch under the federal visa program for temporary agriculture workers.

Perhaps all this is coincidence. Perhaps something in Mr. VanderSloot's finances or on his ranch raised a flag. Americans want to believe the federal government performs its duties without fear or favor.

Only in this case, Americans can have no such confidence. Did Mr. Obama pick up the phone and order the screws put to Mr. VanderSloot? Or—more likely—did a pro-Obama appointee or political hire or career staffer see that the boss had an issue with this donor, and decide to do the president an unasked-for election favor? Or did he or she simply think this was a duty, given that the president had declared Mr. VanderSloot and fellow donors "less than reputable"?

- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 06:31:49 PM »
WSJ LINK

HotAir LINK

This column has already told the story of Frank VanderSloot, an Idaho businessman who last year contributed to a group supporting Mitt Romney. An Obama campaign website in April sent a message to those who'd donate to the president's opponent. It called out Mr. VanderSloot and seven other private donors by name and occupation and slurred them as having "less-than-reputable" records.

Now Mr. VanderSloot has been targeted by the federal government. In a letter dated June 21, he was informed that his tax records had been "selected for examination" by the Internal Revenue Service. The audit also encompasses Mr. VanderSloot's wife, and not one, but two years of past filings (2008 and 2009).

Two weeks after receiving the IRS letter, Mr. VanderSloot received another—this one from the Department of Labor. He was informed it would be doing an audit of workers he employs on his Idaho-based cattle ranch under the federal visa program for temporary agriculture workers.

Perhaps all this is coincidence. Perhaps something in Mr. VanderSloot's finances or on his ranch raised a flag. Americans want to believe the federal government performs its duties without fear or favor.

Only in this case, Americans can have no such confidence. Did Mr. Obama pick up the phone and order the screws put to Mr. VanderSloot? Or—more likely—did a pro-Obama appointee or political hire or career staffer see that the boss had an issue with this donor, and decide to do the president an unasked-for election favor? Or did he or she simply think this was a duty, given that the president had declared Mr. VanderSloot and fellow donors "less than reputable"?

I'd state this is unbelievable.....But it isn't.

The Romney people need to come out and state this investigation will end when he is elected....And watch the liberals melt in anger, even though mr holder is doing the same things daily.

Attacking citizens. wow.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »
Emperor Obama has pointed out many troublesome priests in his 3.5 years.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 10:43:34 PM »
This is exactly why I want the IRS in it's current state, gone. The best way to stop this nonsense is to tell to go fvck themselves. Can't jail more than a few and chances are most of them will get shot. Fear needs to be our weapon of choice, the fear of doing your job could be detrimental to your health.  ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 11:22:39 AM »
Until more fight back with more than words and useless atttempts to employ the corrupt judicial system it will only get more bold and more evil.