Topics > Military News/Veterans

Navy SEALs Train US Olympic Teams

<< < (2/2)

Libertas:

--- Quote from: trapeze on April 29, 2012, 06:27:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Libertas on April 29, 2012, 05:13:08 PM ---Fluke would probably have had the log dropped on her.   ;D

--- End quote ---

She would more likely say that she has had bigger.

--- End quote ---

::rimshot::

S0N_of_trapeze:
I would LOVE this kind of training (even though i dislike water). training with the SEALs is one of the greatest military honors. i envy these athletes.

Miltrainer:
A big advantage that these Olympians have is that they know they are only doing it for less than two days. Imagine having to do it for months. What they went through was nothing. Recruits will be up way before 6:00 am. Most would be waking up around 4:00 to 4:30 am. I also noticed that many were not doing real military pushups. I guess it is a small taste of it.

Libertas:
Agreed, they do not have the time commitment necessary to face all of what the full training entails.  It is revealing though how tough these people thought it was in the short time they had.  They don't have that bell hanging outside the NSWTC in Coronado just for decoration!  Only the most committed survive.

And Hell Week is only 5.5 days of Phase I, and at the end og Phase one 70% have been eliminated.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/navytrng/a/sealhellweek.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version