Author Topic: Anti-Anglo Dreams  (Read 1742 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Anti-Anglo Dreams
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 03:27:44 PM »
I have a very good friend who has been an ELCA Lutheran member his entire life. It was a conservative church when he was young, and has been overrun by liberals, now eager to embrace all forms of perversion and social justice as "Christ's teachings".

It is very hard for him, and in a way, it is akin to the struggles people face in recognizing and then responding to the Democrat party's departure from their beliefs. Who could imagine, for instance, a reasonable Jew or a thinking Black continuing to vote Democrat? But they do, in droves.

My friend continues to attend the ELCA church, even though they've departed from his beliefs long ago. Identity is a difficult thing of which to shed ones self, even when not doing so flies in the face of reason.

Read the handwriting on the wall, connect the dots, whatever way it can be put, I've no patience with them that won't reason.

During the last ten years, I have become very much more a cut-to-the-chase thinker; it has simplified my life in numerous ways.  If it walks, looks and quacks like a duck, it's a damned duck; plan your responses accordingly.  Excuses walk.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
I have a very good friend who has been an ELCA Lutheran member his entire life. It was a conservative church when he was young, and has been overrun by liberals, now eager to embrace all forms of perversion and social justice as "Christ's teachings".

It is very hard for him, and in a way, it is akin to the struggles people face in recognizing and then responding to the Democrat party's departure from their beliefs. Who could imagine, for instance, a reasonable Jew or a thinking Black continuing to vote Democrat? But they do, in droves.

My friend continues to attend the ELCA church, even though they've departed from his beliefs long ago. Identity is a difficult thing of which to shed ones self, even when not doing so flies in the face of reason.

Read the handwriting on the wall, connect the dots, whatever way it can be put, I've no patience with them that won't reason.

During the last ten years, I have become very much more a cut-to-the-chase thinker; it has simplified my life in numerous ways.  If it walks, looks and quacks like a duck, it's a damned duck; plan your responses accordingly.  Excuses walk.

I hear ya Pan. Even so, it is from that pool of people who recognize the cognitive disconnect and believe themselves frozen into inaction on their reason, where we will find people who will eventually convert to reasoned thinking. In fact, converts come from them exclusively. From them, we get our David Horowitzes, Dennis Millers, Jon Voigts, etc... for whatever it's worth.

ETA: And even our Ronald Reagans...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:39:49 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 08:55:06 PM »

Yeah, missionaries, they go into the wilds to bring the knowledge of God
sometime they are successful, sometime they lose their heads but they
keep on doing it.