Author Topic: Things that can no longer be found  (Read 4472 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Things that can no longer be found
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »
Is it "Economy", "TEOTWAWKI", "the Departed"?

My dollar two-eighty blue, plastic, under-the-counter paper towel holder busted apart.  Rotsa ruck finding a replacement.  They used to be sold in every color -- Scott and Rubbermaid used to market 'em.

Today, I can get any color I want as long as it's white.

However ...

I CAN get the pole-on-a-base ones in brass or wood (and WHY the HELL would I want that taking room on the counter?); under cabinet ones in a variety of materials and themes, to wit:  Mario Brothers (Kee-riced on a pogo stick!), grape leaves, cows, roosters, but no blue plastic.

Internet search?  Nothing.

What the hell has happened to the markets?

Just have to know where to look... ;)

Sample towel racks from Home Depot

Well hey, now there ya go!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »
Where?  Where do I go?

It looks like that ^^ , but it's not stainless or chrome; it's BLUE. Plastic.

Thank you anyway.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 06:02:28 PM »
Where?  Where do I go?

It looks like that ^^ , but it's not stainless or chrome; it's BLUE. Plastic.

Thank you anyway.

Well, if you REALLY want one of the plastic ones...I was really just trying to point out that sometimes we gotta think outside the box when looking for stuff like that.  And oddly enough, hardware stores generally have all kinda weird kitchen crap that you wouldn't think of being there.  I'll keep an eye out.  Seems to me I saw some in the Korean Farmer's Market outside Atlanta when I was there last.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »
BLUE.  That's what I want.  You know, like how they used to come in all colors and now you can get any color ya want as long as it's white?

Thanks for looking, EW, and if you see BLUE plastic ones, please snag two.

I don't get it; I don't ask for much.  It's not like I'm asking for BLUE diamonds.  Just a lousy BLUE papertowelholder.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 07:42:59 PM »
BLUE.  That's what I want.  You know, like how they used to come in all colors and now you can get any color ya want as long as it's white?

Thanks for looking, EW, and if you see BLUE plastic ones, please snag two.

I don't get it; I don't ask for much.  It's not like I'm asking for BLUE diamonds.  Just a lousy BLUE papertowelholder.

How about spray painting it blue? ::thinking::
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!