Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren In Heap Big Trouble...Joins Ward Churchill's Tribe  (Read 23676 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Elizabeth Warren In Heap Big Trouble...Joins Ward Churchill's Tribe
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2012, 10:29:33 PM »
"Composting pot?"

Now that's a concept that I hadn't thought of before. Marijuana mulch would be pretty expensive, though.

I'm guessing that isn't what Mark Steyn had in mind.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2012, 12:34:27 AM »
Okay, is everyone ready for the next chapter in the "Elizabeth Warren Attempts To Makem Bad Medicine On Scott Brown" saga?

According to this article at Breitbart, Warren's claims of actual heritage cannot be substantiated...

Here's the problem with that evidence: Nowhere do the records of that time support William Crawford's claim.

We know that between 1794 and 1799, Wyatt Smith and Margaret "Peggy" Brackin Smith had a little girl they named O.C. Sarah Smith. There's no evidence that “Peggy,” O.C. Sarah’s mother, was Cherokee, and her father's father—Andreas Smith—was the son of two Swedish immigrants, Hans Jurgen Smidt and his wife Maria Stalcop, who settled in Delaware shortly before Andreas' birth in 1731.

O.C. Sarah Smith—known in some records as "Oma" or "Neoma"—appears to be the mother of both Elizabeth Warren's great-great-grandfather, Preston Crawford, and his brother, William Crawford, who is said to have claimed she was Cherokee on that wedding application.

It is upon this claim by O.C. Sarah Smith's son that Ms. Warren's assertion of Native American ancestry precariously sits. But under the best case scenario for Ms. Warren, her great-great-great grandmother O.C. Sarah Smith was only half Cherokee and half Swedish, making her not 1/32 Cherokee, as most press reports have stated, but 1/64 Cherokee.

However, it is more likely that O.C. Sarah Smith had no Cherokee heritage.

Census records that listed O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford (her married name) as a resident of Tennessee in 1830, 1840, and 1860 classify her as white, not Indian.

Well, color me surprised that Princess Fauxcahontis isn't an injun. I'm just stunned.

Of course, anyone who dares challenge her is a racist.

You know...I have a feeling that "racist" just isn't going to have the same value that its always had after this election cycle.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2012, 05:13:22 AM »
" Love means never having to say you're Tonto ."

Eric Siegal ( 1969 )

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 06:58:51 AM »
I think there's a photo of Warren's Grandpa at :49

Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills - With Indian War pictures
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2012, 01:45:31 PM »
Ten Little Indians | nursery rhymes & children songs with lyrics | muffin songs

Heh.  I was thinking of this just last night and supposing to myself that this, too, is now off-limits in a PC world.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »
And the hits just keep on comin'

The head of the Massachusetts Republican Party yesterday demanded Harvard University investigate faculty member and U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren’s claim to be a Native American minority professor.

MassGOP Chairman Bob Maginn slammed Warren’s claim as baseless and mocked her statements in response to the controversy over the past week.

Maginn said Warren’s actions “appear to constitute academic fraud” and suggested Harvard consider disciplinary action.

Not that it will likely happen, but it makes for good press!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2012, 11:27:47 PM »
More from Breitbart:

Shelly Lowe, executive director of Harvard University's Native American Program (HUNAP), told Breitbart News today that U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren had not, to her knowledge, participated in the program's events while Warren was a professor at Harvard.

Breitbart: Doing the work of journalism that the MFM just won't do.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »

Absolute banishment is not enough.

And now, another non-PC slice of America.

Milsap Live - 06 Kaw - Liga

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2012, 02:16:55 PM »
More today at AoS...

Jonathan Crawford, O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford’s husband and apparently Ms. Warren's great-great-great grandfather, served in the East Tennessee Mounted Infantry Volunteer Militia commanded by Brigadier General R. G. Dunlap from late 1835 to late 1836. While under Dunlap’s command he was a member of Major William Lauderdale’s Battalion, and Captain Richard E. Waterhouse’s Company.

These were the troops responsible for removing Cherokee families from homes they had lived in for generations in the three states that the Cherokee Nations had considered their homelands for centuries: Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

Gotta love it.

She dig the hole.

She fall in the hole.

She did hole deeper.

She fall in deeper hole.

Keep diggin' Princess Fauxcahontis...keep diggin'

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 02:18:53 PM »
Breitbart picking up on the (cough!) trail too!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/08/Elizabeth-Warren-Ancestor-Trail-of-Tears

Priceless!  Just begging for a attack ad dripping with ridicule!

::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 02:48:48 PM »
Jonathan Crawford, O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford’s husband and apparently Ms. Warren's great-great-great grandfather, served in the East Tennessee Mounted Infantry Volunteer Militia commanded by Brigadier General R. G. Dunlap from late 1835 to late 1836. While under Dunlap’s command he was a member of Major William Lauderdale’s Battalion, and Captain Richard E. Waterhouse’s Company.

These were the troops responsible for removing Cherokee families from homes they had lived in for generations in the three states that the Cherokee Nations
had considered their homelands for centuries: Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee. 

::popcorn::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 02:49:14 PM »
Drudge has the story listed this way: Elizabeth Warren Ancestor Rounded Up Cherokees for Trail of Tears.

That's pretty brutal.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
It is and she brought it on herself.

Warren isn't climbing out and away from this one.  Better she should keep digging through to India, stick a dot on her forehead and call it a day.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 05:21:40 PM »
Drudge has the story listed this way: Elizabeth Warren Ancestor Rounded Up Cherokees for Trail of Tears.

That's pretty brutal.

and ah so delicious!

These people don't think anything they say has consequences.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2012, 05:40:44 PM »

Better she should keep digging through to India, stick a dot on her forehead and call it a day.

or
   come out in Afghanistan put on a burka and submit.

These people don't think anything they say has consequences.

How sweet it is.  The trials are beginning before the votes have been counted.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2012, 07:17:20 AM »
Dem's wish they could pull a switch right now and kick Warren to the curb.

Choke on it Dem's!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53:46 AM »
Now we'll get to find out if Mass. voters simply drink the Dem kool-aid or if they straight up mainline it directly into their veins. If she wins, we'll know it's the latter.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2012, 07:11:29 PM »
It is and she brought it on herself.

Warren isn't climbing out and away from this one.  Better she should keep digging through to India, stick a dot on her forehead and call it a day.

Hah!  Somebody did it for her .....

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »
Hey, I only did it to get lunch dates man!

Remember, according to Warren, she never told the schools that employed her that she was Native American. That was something she reserved for those independent faculty directories. And yet:

According to Penn’s 2005 “Minority Equity Report,” it too identified Warren, who taught there from 1987 to 1995, as a minority.

On page 16 of the report, the now-Massachusetts Senate candidate is listed as a winner of the school’s Lindback Award in 1994. Unlike other names listed, though, her name is italicized and bolded to indicate her status as a minority faculty member…

A Penn professor previously provided a statement saying that Warren did not receive any benefits based on her heritage.

“Her appointment was based on the excellence of her scholarship and teaching,” said Stephen Burbank, who was acting dean of Penn’s law school in 1995. “I do not know whether members of the faculty were even aware of her ancestry, but I am confident that it played not role whatsoever in her appointment.”

There is, potentially, a kinda sorta “innocent” explanation here. Could be that Penn, in preparing its 2005 report on minority hiring, simply went through those old faculty manuals and stumbled upon Warren’s name. She listed herself as a minority in those from 1986 to 1995, so if they pulled out the 1994 edition to see where their Lindback Award winner was listed that year, they would have come away thinking that she was indeed minority. But of course, if that’s what happened, it undercuts Warren’s claim that she never told her employers about her background. Evidently, she didn’t need to. They might have been consulting the manuals all along, including in their hiring decisions.

Oopse...

::popcorn::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus